Pages:
Author

Topic: 2021-07-02 CNBC - Bitcoin mining consumed 56% green energy in June quarter - page 2. (Read 192 times)

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
^^^ It is the duty of the government to take care of global warming. Bitcoin miners are not producing any electricity on their own, and they are sourcing it from other suppliers. If the government is keen to avoid global warming, then they should shut down all the thermal powerplants and get the electricity from nuclear or hydro power plants. And I don't think that the miners will have any issue, if the government tells them that from tomorrow they will be receiving nuclear energy instead of thermal energy. And regarding Elon Musk, I don't know why so many people here give significance to that retard. He may be a giant in the automobile sector, but when it comes to the cryptocurrency, he is a big zero. 
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5630
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Now there are no excuses anymore and any critics on that fades away since bitcoin mining is getting greener everyday.

Now that dirty energy from China is something that should become history, I thought that coal-powered Bitcoin stories would finally stop - but then I read on several sources that Chinese miners are migrating to Kazakhstan - and then I find information that claims 70% of the energy produced in that country comes from coal.

Somehow it seems to me that Kazakhstan will become a new black spot on the world map when it comes to Bitcoin mining - just wait until EM finds out about this information.

Do people honestly still believe Musk said what he did because he is concerned about the environment? This is the man who literally launches cars in to space on rockets just because he can. He doesn't care about the environment and he doesn't care what anybody thinks about him. He said what he said to manipulate the price, and he is laughing at the idiots who listen to him while scooping up their panic-sold bitcoin at a discount.

I don't know why there is so much fascination with this man, but every time I click on a link that leads to his Twitter account, I notice that there are several million more followers - I have to admit that I can't understand what's in these people's minds. What I totally agree with is that a man is a manipulator and a liar who tramples everything in front of him to achieve his goals, and everything he does pollutes the environment immeasurably more than anything that has ever had anything to do with Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
Dear Elon Musk, you will always be remembered for having being wrong, utterly wrong, on bitcoin and ESG.
Do people honestly still believe Musk said what he did because he is concerned about the environment? This is the man who literally launches cars in to space on rockets just because he can. He doesn't care about the environment and he doesn't care what anybody thinks about him. He said what he said to manipulate the price, and he is laughing at the idiots who listen to him while scooping up their panic-sold bitcoin at a discount.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
Tesla boss Elon Musk has raised concerns about the negative impact of Bitcoin mining on the environment. Crypto saw a major fall in international after China intensified its crackdown on its mining.

The cryptocurrency mining industry and watchdogs seem to have taken notice and are attempting to fix things.

The global Bitcoin mining industry has doubled its sustainable electricity mix to around 56 percent during Q1FY21 (up from 36.8 percent in Q4 FY20), claims a report by Bitcoin Mining Council (BMC).
https://www.cnbctv18.com/cryptocurrency/bitcoin-mining-consumed-56-green-energy-in-june-quarter-report-9871941.htm

Dear Elon Musk, you will always be remembered for having being wrong, utterly wrong, on bitcoin and ESG.
Now there are no excuses anymore and any critics on that fades away since bitcoin mining is getting greener everyday.
Pages:
Jump to: