Pages:
Author

Topic: [~20GHs] BTCPool24 0%,PP,PPS,LP,JSON,Instant pay - page 5. (Read 8473 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Payouts are not working.  I just tried and 0.01 btc was deducted from my account balance but I received no payout.  My balance was 0.95768185.

Sorry payout should be fixed now.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
(Please note: a 0.01 btc transaction fee is required by the bitcoin client for processing)

I checked the transaction from my last payout and there was no transaction fee included.  Is this just a fee that's being held by the pool?  If so, that's fine, but the description should be a bit more clear. 
/agree

Either really include a 0.01 fee on each payout (would be great --> fast payouts + you help other miners) or do some research about sendmany + pay out once per day automatically.
Activity: 101
Payouts are not working.  I just tried and 0.01 btc was deducted from my account balance but I received no payout.  My balance was 0.95768185.
push
(Please note: a 0.01 btc transaction fee is required by the bitcoin client for processing)

I checked the transaction from my last payout and there was no transaction fee included.  Is this just a fee that's being held by the pool?  If so, that's fine, but the description should be a bit more clear. 
Running stable at about 14GHs for 20h now.

nice

although i was about worried about your pool ( or your money) ...  I have joined to help find the 1st block Smiley

Thank you  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

nice

although i was about worried about your pool ( or your money) ...  I have joined to help find the 1st block Smiley

On the account stats page, my "Roundshares" is empty, and the number of shares says 0 for all three workers under the worker stats area.

The account balance is correct though, so I know I am getting actual credit for the shares even though they are not displayed.

Would be nice to have number of shares submitted displayed correctly so I don't have to manually check my workers and do all the calculations to ensure I am properly credited.

username on the pool: barcafan

Otherwise, awesome pool.  0% fee PPS can't be beat.

edit: The individual workers share count seems fixed.  Also, I am getting far lower stale % with this pool than any other that I have used so far, 0.22%!  Really well done, I am very impressed with this pool so far.

Hi, thank you.
Roundshares should be working now. Also for the workers.
On the account stats page, my "Roundshares" is empty, and the number of shares says 0 for all three workers under the worker stats area.

The account balance is correct though, so I know I am getting actual credit for the shares even though they are not displayed.

Would be nice to have number of shares submitted displayed correctly so I don't have to manually check my workers and do all the calculations to ensure I am properly credited.

username on the pool: barcafan

Otherwise, awesome pool.  0% fee PPS can't be beat.

edit: The individual workers share count seems fixed.  Also, I am getting far lower stale % with this pool than any other that I have used so far, 0.22%!  Really well done, I am very impressed with this pool so far.

You can mine with PPS and instantly payout your BTCs. You dont have to wait for the block to be found.
 So there's is no risk for any miners at all. Register-mine with PPS-cash out.

Like farfiman, I prefer to diversify especially to small startup pools (well, before the difficulty increases and stagnating btc price) and liked your pool.
I actually posted to save you from a financial ruin, not to be negative.

The fact is, it only takes 1 long round like this one to bankrupt you.
The big PPS miners cash out and disappear, but you have no block to show for it. Maybe it keeps going on & on to 6, 7, 8 million shares.

Meni Rosenfeld's PPLNS idea is good, even a small pool can successfully adapt it & you don't have a personal risk. It could work with btcpool24

I'm saying this instead of exploiting your feeless PPS, because I don't think you deserve to lose thousands of dollars.
But someone else might not be so 'understanding'. They wont be sticking around with the pool, they'll drain your reserves and run.

0% pure PPS with automatic payout is like a free lunch for the wolves (& a huge gamble for the operator)

OK i know its like gambling Wink Also i know its very hard to start a new pool.
 But its my money. And i decided to risk my 200BTC to start this pool.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251

You can mine with PPS and instantly payout your BTCs. You dont have to wait for the block to be found.

Like farfiman, I prefer to diversify especially to small startup pools (well, before the difficulty increases and stagnating btc price) and liked your pool.
I actually posted to save you from a financial ruin, not to be negative.

The fact is, it only takes 1 long round like this one to bankrupt you.
The big PPS miners cash out and disappear, but you have no block to show for it. Maybe it keeps going on & on to 6, 7, 8 million shares.

Meni Rosenfeld's PPLNS idea is good, even a small pool can successfully adapt it & you don't have a personal risk. It could work with btcpool24

I'm saying this instead of exploiting your feeless PPS, because I don't think you deserve to lose thousands of dollars.
But someone else might not be so 'understanding'. They wont be sticking around with the pool, they'll drain your reserves and run.

0% pure PPS with automatic payout is like a free lunch for the wolves (& a huge gamble for the operator)
legendary

Although it seems i was being negative I had no intention to be.
I wish you all the luck . I like small pools Smiley

technically its possible to get a few 9M rounds in a row , but the larger you are ( and they are the largest) the chance that you will even out are big.    Also they pay a smaller fee (0.00002661294865101)  and a 3% fee on the proportional ,  so they have BTC coming in all the time.
Sure its possible , but also to get a few 500k shares.
So i never said i will keep 0% fee forever. Every starting buisiness will have to pay for marketing.  So i do with the 0% fees.
At the moment i look at the first block at my pool. If i must pay 100BTC for pps shares for the 1st block then i will pay it, and decide what to do on the next block. maybe 3% fee or have one more try to solve the next block with 500k  Thats life
legendary
technically its possible to get a few 9M rounds in a row , but the larger you are ( and they are the largest) the chance that you will even out are big.    Also they pay a smaller fee (0.00002661294865101)  and a 3% fee on the proportional ,  so they have BTC coming in all the time.
if you have 3M shares at .0000295.... thats 100BTC....    if this round gets to 9M ( and there are those) that would be 300btc if everybody wants PPS

OK this round has about 3M shares. All of it are Prop. Not all will use PPS. OK 9M shares will be bad ofr me. but there also will be blocks witch less than 500k .  All i can promise is , i will pay this block and the next ones. I dont know what i will do at the 10th block if everybody uses PPS and the got unlucky for a long time. But does any pool Admin know what he will doe if the pool is running unlucky for a very long time ?
What will deepbit do if they have 20 blocks witch over 9M each Huh
legendary
if you have 3M shares at .0000295.... thats 100BTC....    if this round gets to 9M ( and there are those) that would be 300btc if everybody wants PPS
Whats your problem ? When this round is over and the block is found you will get your Btcs . No reason to make this pool so bad. Sure i want trying to make some money.( Google ads) But at 99% i run this pool for fun. At the moment. Maybe in the future i will increase the fees to some %.  I dont know yet.

He is just worried that you didn't do your math right.
Ars bitcoin has 0% PPS and had extremely good luck since then and have built a hefty buffer, but even they had some math done that states a 66% chance of the buffer going to negative within the year....

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18567.msg379333#msg379333

So there is reason for worry. I don't think he meant to harm you in any way.

Edit:   by your current situation you owe already 100BTC before you found the block, hence the extra worry.why ??

the pool will payout 50BTC if it solved a block. Where are the 100BTC Huh Every miner can choose between Prop or PPS. Like deepbit.

legendary
Whats your problem ? When this round is over and the block is found you will get your Btcs . No reason to make this pool so bad. Sure i want trying to make some money.( Google ads) But at 99% i run this pool for fun. At the moment. Maybe in the future i will increase the fees to some %.  I dont know yet.

He is just worried that you didn't do your math right.
Ars bitcoin has 0% PPS and had extremely good luck since then and have built a hefty buffer, but even they had some math done that states a 66% chance of the buffer going to negative within the year....

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18567.msg379333#msg379333

So there is reason for worry. I don't think he meant to harm you in any way.

Edit:   by your current situation you owe already 100BTC before you found the block, hence the extra worry.
Pages:
Jump to: