Pages:
Author

Topic: 20M DigitalNote (XDN) Auction, V2.0 - page 2. (Read 4295 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy
June 29, 2015, 01:59:20 PM
All right, gentlemen, let's all calm down ourselves.

The purpose of this, or indeed any other auction is to establish a fair price on the lot in question, NOT allow the fastest bidder to take it all. Moreover, in one of my previous posts in this thread I have explained that we are trying to weed out profiteering and speculation and only allow the joining of big investors who see potential in the XDN and its Foundation. Besides, if we'll keep making multiple bids with decimal increments, the thread can very well come under attention of the moderators and get closed because of spamming.

That is why I believe 1 satoshi is a fair and reasonable minimum increment.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
June 29, 2015, 01:53:05 PM
New offer - 85 per XDN
Activity: 72
June 29, 2015, 01:47:29 PM
Guys, since 0.1 or 0.01 satoshi isn't even a thing, I'll have to ask you to make the minimum price increment 1 satoshi per XDN, otherwise you can just keep changing the bids by 0.001, 0.0001 etc., which doesn't make much sense.

The last bid that conformed to this rule was 80 satoshi from hodlbananas, so we'll consider that one as the current price.

Sorry but I don't understand this rule. The XDN exchange with the biggest volume trades in 1/10 of satoshis. https://hitbtc.com/terminal/XDNBTC, so how is this "not even a thing". And considering that each 0.1 satoshi increase correstonds to a 0.02 BTC increase, I wouldn't say this is unsubstantial.

Come on man, why not bid 80.000001 while we're at it?

So you see no difference in a 0.000001 increase and 0.1 increase?

When it comes to measuring satoshis - no, I really don't. Besides, you used a 0.01 increment too, so there's no telling how far are you gonna go. Can we close this competition in polemics and proceed to the actual auction?
Activity: 44
June 29, 2015, 01:42:52 PM
Guys, since 0.1 or 0.01 satoshi isn't even a thing, I'll have to ask you to make the minimum price increment 1 satoshi per XDN, otherwise you can just keep changing the bids by 0.001, 0.0001 etc., which doesn't make much sense.

The last bid that conformed to this rule was 80 satoshi from hodlbananas, so we'll consider that one as the current price.

Sorry but I don't understand this rule. The XDN exchange with the biggest volume trades in 1/10 of satoshis. https://hitbtc.com/terminal/XDNBTC, so how is this "not even a thing". And considering that each 0.1 satoshi increase correstonds to a 0.02 BTC increase, I wouldn't say this is unsubstantial.

Just bid 81 already. With the upcoming economic collapse that is coming up all cryptocurrencies will raise in value. My calculators are forecasting XDN's real price to be at 43,557 satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
June 29, 2015, 01:27:10 PM

June 29, 2015, 01:24:14 PM

legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
June 29, 2015, 01:10:32 PM

June 29, 2015, 01:02:10 PM

June 29, 2015, 12:45:16 PM
80.11 / XDN

OK, where are you all coming from? For the past two days there were no bids made and now all hell broke lose. I bid 80.12.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
June 29, 2015, 12:38:40 PM
80.11 / XDN
June 29, 2015, 12:36:29 PM
New offer - 80.1 per XDN
June 29, 2015, 12:07:29 PM
Bid: 80 satoshi.
June 29, 2015, 11:53:05 AM
New offer - 77 per XDN
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
June 29, 2015, 11:26:35 AM
I bid 76.1 Sats per XDN.

PS: sent a PM to OP for how to register.
June 29, 2015, 11:26:02 AM
Hello, I must gracefully bow out of this current auction as I was unable to unlock funds in time however I will be buying more XDN in the open market. This is a great crypto of which I am fully supportive of, the same as  with the foundation. My hats off to all of the supporters. We are just at the beginning and as they say; with hard work there are no limits...

Hello! Do you have the funds now? There is still time to participate if you are able to.

All right, whatever. I bid 75.

New offer - 76 per XDN

Nice competition going on there guys Cool Let's keep it civilized.
June 29, 2015, 11:04:56 AM

New offer - 76 per XDN
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
June 29, 2015, 11:02:10 AM
Hello, I must gracefully bow out of this current auction as I was unable to unlock funds in time however I will be buying more XDN in the open market. This is a great crypto of which I am fully supportive of, the same as  with the foundation. My hats off to all of the supporters. We are just at the beginning and as they say; with hard work there are no limits...

June 29, 2015, 10:38:38 AM
Hello everyone!

I would like to remind you that the auction ends in 6 hours from now, so I advise everyone who wants to participate to hurry up with registering and placing their bids.

I'm offering 72 satoshi per XDN

Yeah OK, not your fake accounts manipulating the price again. Xian, wasn't there some sort of compliance set up to prevent this from happening again?

Hey hodlbananas! I understand your frustration, but that user has, in fact, made their deposit. Here's the link to the transaction they sent me: https://blockchain.info/tx/68f30a9f26a72ad1ab9c4f0374b2272918282f012401320ca149885e3d0ab14a

I think that you shouldn't dismiss this account as fake: my guess is that there's someone else behind that account, who just doesn't want their public name to become known in the context of this auction. Which is perfectly understandable, given how the coin that we're currently auctioning is centered around ideas of anonymity and privacy. I was sure they'd turn up right at the end of the auction Smiley

In my own opinion depositing 1BTC because i want to buy into an auction is not welcome, Bitcoin is meant to be invested, traded and not to be enslaved or kept some where.
I might be interested in buying some @70 sats but i can not send you 1BTC.

Hello melisande! All deposits are returned to their owners at the end of the auction so they are locked for just a couple of days. I agree with you: Bitcoin, like any other kind of money, should be turned over at all possible times to maintain its continuous growth, but the Foundation believes the following: by having people deposit just 1 BTC for the duration of the auction, we are making sure that they aren't here to speculate, or artificially increase the price but are indeed legitimate investors who are interested in seeing the XDN grow. And that is well worth the price of having 1 BTC per person restricted from active market use for a short duration, because this way we are ensuring accountability and goodwill of the auction participants.

We are open to suggestions and recommendations on improving auction terms, which will ensure the participants' accountability for speculative behavior.

June 29, 2015, 10:07:21 AM
Hello everyone!

I would like to remind you that the auction ends in 6 hours from now, so I advise everyone who wants to participate to hurry up with registering and placing their bids.

I'm offering 72 satoshi per XDN

Yeah OK, not your fake accounts manipulating the price again. Xian, wasn't there some sort of compliance set up to prevent this from happening again?

Hey hodlbananas! I understand your frustration, but that user has, in fact, made their deposit. Here's the link to the transaction they sent me: https://blockchain.info/tx/68f30a9f26a72ad1ab9c4f0374b2272918282f012401320ca149885e3d0ab14a

I think that you shouldn't dismiss this account as fake: my guess is that there's someone else behind that account, who just doesn't want their public name to become known in the context of this auction. Which is perfectly understandable, given how the coin that we're currently auctioning is centered around ideas of anonymity and privacy. I was sure they'd turn up right at the end of the auction Smiley

In my own opinion depositing 1BTC because i want to buy into an auction is not welcome, Bitcoin is meant to be invested, traded and not to be enslaved or kept some where.

Hello melisande! All deposits are returned to their owners at the end of the auction so they are locked for just a couple of days. I agree with you: Bitcoin, like any other kind of money, should be turned over at all possible times to maintain its continuous growth, but the Foundation believes the following: by having people deposit just 1 BTC for the duration of the auction, we are making sure that they aren't here to speculate, or artificially increase the price but are indeed legitimate investors who are interested in seeing the XDN grow. And that is well worth the price of having 1 BTC per person restricted from active market use for a short duration, because this way we are ensuring accountability and goodwill of the auction participants.

We are open to suggestions and recommendations on improving auction terms, which will ensure the participants' accountability for speculative behavior.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 29, 2015, 08:18:20 AM
Pages:
Jump to: