Pages:
Author

Topic: 21 cents per kw, Any way to mine? - page 4. (Read 10492 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
January 04, 2016, 04:55:15 PM
You can mine PoS coins, all you need is a laptop online 24/7 and in most cases not even that. Your electricity costs re gonna be minimal. I like DMD Diamond and Flycoin, for example. Proof of stake is the future of mining. Even Etherum ll switch to proof of stake by the end of this year.

The problem with those PoS coins is that their price reduce in long term in general. There is no big user community.

Yeah and PoS mining is not like real mining.
I think OP wants to experience of asic mining bitcoin, which is the real thing.

Compared to PoW, PoS is for children.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
January 04, 2016, 05:35:23 AM
You can mine PoS coins, all you need is a laptop online 24/7 and in most cases not even that. Your electricity costs re gonna be minimal. I like DMD Diamond and Flycoin, for example. Proof of stake is the future of mining. Even Etherum ll switch to proof of stake by the end of this year.

The problem with those PoS coins is that their price reduce in long term in general. There is no big user community.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
January 04, 2016, 03:50:11 AM
The price of bitcoin is not certain to rise. That is just a speculation. But the blockreward is going to halve, that is certain.

this. Is cool to see somebody not totally blinded..
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 04, 2016, 03:45:37 AM
dont forget that in 2016 btc income from mining will be half

but the value will be also very high, the current value already is about 100% more than what it was, so easily at this point will not count anything, incomparison when we were at 230

The price of bitcoin is not certain to rise. That is just a speculation. But the blockreward is going to halve, that is certain.

the point is that because of the certainty that the block reward will be halved, you have also somehow, the certainty the that price will increase

otherwise it's like saying that bitcoin is doomed to fail at some point

The only thing I am worried is I think some of the huge operations likely if cut in 1/2 still could operate in profit (like Bitfury if they have the gear we suspect).   So there are likely some big guys with electricity so low they can keep going where normal electricity people will be left behind.

We have a while that I hope to see bitcoin slowly build up value.   But if it does not I fear big players still can mine and little guys will be stopped.

ah eyah those with free electricity, might mine forever even if bitcoin is at zero

but people shoudl remember that those user are the minority, i would not believe ever that there are even 100 peta out there of "free electricity"

the whole network will not be able to survive only because there are a bunch of due with free electricity
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
January 04, 2016, 12:28:28 AM

but the value will be also very high, the current value already is about 100% more than what it was, so easily at this point will not count anything, incomparison when we were at 230

For this it is a big risk to start mining now.
Sure you can profit easily for 6 months.

But.. then what?

6 months in mining is a HUGE amount of time.  There will be a next gen likely in that amount of time.  I mean everything changes in that amount.  I likely will sell some miners in next 6 month's of old generation (keeping S7/Avalon 6). But sell them to very low electricity or free electricity users. 

Also you act like 1 time profit is not good.  I would say take 1 time profit and then look at doing it or look other things  next.  You don't pass if your for sure you will profit.  But mining has not been for sure for a long time, it's just very individual.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 03, 2016, 09:56:03 PM

For this it is a big risk to start mining now.
Sure you can profit easily for 6 months.

But.. then what?
legendary
January 03, 2016, 02:56:59 PM

the point is that because of the certainty that the block reward will be halved, you have also somehow, the certainty the that price will increase

The only thing I am worried is I think some of the huge operations likely if cut in 1/2 still could operate in profit (like Bitfury if they have the gear we suspect).   So there are likely some big guys with electricity so low they can keep going where normal electricity people will be left behind.

We have a while that I hope to see bitcoin slowly build up value.   But if it does not I fear big players still can mine and little guys will be stopped.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 03, 2016, 04:52:45 AM

Activity: 460
Merit: 254
January 03, 2016, 04:13:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
January 03, 2016, 03:51:07 AM
legendary
January 02, 2016, 08:15:58 PM
Same situation as where I am high energy cost. I would just stick to buying Bitcoin and waiting for the price to go up sell and repeat than to buy any mining equipment at them costs.

Yeah if you live in a western country and/or a country where you pay over 15 cents per KW, you probably better out buying bitcoins or getting into cloud mining.
Hardware mining is too expensive.

Or look at hosting providers.  There are some out there you can host for 10 cent's or less.  Depends on which one you go to.

But I would not pay 15 or 20 cent's to mine in current situation.  Difficulty is just moving up fast where electricity price will matter even more I think.
Activity: 434
January 02, 2016, 02:55:26 PM
Same situation as where I am high energy cost. I would just stick to buying Bitcoin and waiting for the price to go up sell and repeat than to buy any mining equipment at them costs.

Yeah if you live in a western country and/or a country where you pay over 15 cents per KW, you probably better out buying bitcoins or getting into cloud mining.
Hardware mining is too expensive.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
January 01, 2016, 03:55:29 PM
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
January 01, 2016, 02:46:25 PM
With this price, you would probably be better out buying bitcoin directly and wait for the price to rise.
Many people will say try cloud mining, but from experience i can say, it's not profitable any more.

Yeah i wouldn't do it too. I had some S3 miners > no profit but ROI by selling them
Then i bought S5 miners > no profit (clearly bitmain overpriced them)
The S7 i skipped knowing there would be no profit too.

Bitmain but also some other pools have a reputation too screw their customers. So far the only legit one i found was f2pool.

@OP
21 cent per KW is a lots of money compared what it will bring you.
If you use the calculator you will see your ROI (remember you have to buy the PSU too), will be too long for this investment to be worth while.

My advice is to buy some cloud hashing indeed.

Cloud mining is very risky these days.
First you got the scam companies
Second you got the companies that are creative with payouts (hiding blocks etc.).
Just google Hashnest hiding blocks.

Who cares if Hashnest are hiding blocks?
Their mining systems are still profitable!

However, even though the price of the Bitcoin has doubled, for some unknown reason, the antminer s3 GHS are at a 93% maintenance fee! Before the price increase they were at 80%? Very Confusing!

OF course hashnest hide some of the blocks, anpool finds a block every few hours, whereas revenue from hashnes comres about every 8 hours. But, they may just be coupling payments together!
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
January 01, 2016, 02:42:58 PM
according to a quick calculation I did.
It suggests that you would pay 18144euro for power of an antminer s7!

Not sure that my cacluations were correct so it may be out by a factor of 21, 24, 30 or 100 (due to numbers entered into an equation!)

Possibly not too out though.
Activity: 448
January 01, 2016, 02:34:58 PM
With this price, you would probably be better out buying bitcoin directly and wait for the price to rise.
Many people will say try cloud mining, but from experience i can say, it's not profitable any more.

Yeah i wouldn't do it too. I had some S3 miners > no profit but ROI by selling them

Bitmain but also some other pools have a reputation too screw their customers. So far the only legit one i found was f2pool.

@OP
If you use the calculator you will see your ROI (remember you have to buy the PSU too), will be too long for this investment to be worth while.

Cloud mining is very risky these days.
First you got the scam companies
Second you got the companies that are creative with payouts (hiding blocks etc.).
Just google Hashnest hiding blocks.
legendary
December 30, 2015, 10:50:11 PM

@OP

What is wrong with antpool? Biggest thing I can think of is amount of hash there a lot don't like that.  But lowest PPS at 2.5 but it does not merge mine, and also does not share transaction fee's.  So with all that it is close to F2P likely.

But what is your specific problem with them?   And 21 cents is still pretty crazy I would host and you save 1/2 power which is huge overtime.  I just cant wrap mind around still mining at 21 cents.
Activity: 406
December 30, 2015, 08:07:28 PM

@OP

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
December 30, 2015, 05:30:44 PM
Your electricity price seems that is very high, maybe because it is the winter season? for the moment i don't think it worth mining even with s7.

That's just what electricity costs here year round.  I'd like to mine but think I'd be as well just sinking that cash straight into coin.

If it is so then i would not suggest you to start mining as there will be no or a litltle profit.
If you hear me then a better idea is to invest in bitcoin, leave/hold them for a while and then sell.
Activity: 448
December 30, 2015, 01:52:46 PM

Pages:
Jump to: