Pages:
Author

Topic: 21 Inc is relaying new blocks (Read 1360 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
October 26, 2015, 04:57:55 PM
I think many people still do not get the idea of incorporating bitcoin miners in normal electrical appliances. We may need more full node but do we need more miners? To me, more miners = higher difficulties = more energy required to solve the puzzle = less environmental friendly....
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
October 26, 2015, 04:49:04 PM
We can only dream of the day when this is powered by Bitcoin asics.

GET ON THIS 7-ELEVEN!!!!
eid
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
October 26, 2015, 04:30:57 PM
They should include a miner chip in devices that are constantly switched-on:
1) Fridge/refrigerators
3) Office air-conditioners

Did everyone fail basic science class?  WTF?  

The job of Fridge / Air conditioners is to make shit cold.  To do that, they move a shit load of heat away from the place that is getting cold.  This is hard to do.  It makes even more heat when moving heat, and that heat has to also be moved away from the cold area - causing even more heat!  Now, some fucking genius like biggbox wants to put a heat generator right in there?  What the fuck is wrong with this community that we got so many fucking retarded idiots?  How did that happen?  

I am pretty sure bitcoin is going to fail miserably because we got guys like biggbox engineering the dumbest fucking machines imaginable.

Actually it is possible to use heat to power a fridge. They do it in RV's, caravans etc. This link describes the process using gas/propane to supply the heat, but most of them can use electric elements instead:

http://home.howstuffworks.com/refrigerator5.htm
Your reading comprehension is a little off. It describes how refrigerators need some heat to regulate the temperature, not that they are powered using heat. The heating is only to prevent things from becoming too cold.

Read further:

"If you own an RV, chances are you have a gas- or propane-powered refrigerator. These refrigerators are interesting because they have no moving parts and use gas or propane as their primary energy source. Also, they use heat to produce the cold inside the refrigerator."
I would say that article is incorrect, at least that statement. They aren't using heat has the energy source, they are using it to separate the ammonia from the water and then using the ammonia gas for the actual cooling.

But this is starting to get OT.

The question was whether the heat from a mining chip could be used to power a fridge. The answer is yes.

(Whether you call that the energy source or not is another question; one that I'm not interested in)
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
October 26, 2015, 04:15:49 PM
1) Fridge/refrigerators

The job of Fridge / Air conditioners is to make shit cold.  To do that, they move a shit load of heat away from the place that is getting cold.  This is hard to do.  It makes even more heat when moving heat, and that heat has to also be moved away from the cold area - causing even more heat!  Now, some fucking genius like biggbox wants to put a heat generator right in there?  What the fuck is wrong with this community that we got so many fucking retarded idiots?  How did that happen?  

I am pretty sure bitcoin is going to fail miserably because we got guys like biggbox engineering the dumbest fucking machines imaginable.

Actually it is possible to use heat to power a fridge. They do it in RV's, caravans etc. This link describes the process using gas/propane to supply the heat, but most of them can use electric elements instead:

Your reading comprehension is a little off. It describes how refrigerators need some heat to regulate the temperature, not that they are powered using heat. The heating is only to prevent things from becoming too cold.

Read further:

"If you own an RV, chances are you have a gas- or propane-powered refrigerator. These refrigerators are interesting because they have no moving parts and use gas or propane as their primary energy source. Also, they use heat to produce the cold inside the refrigerator."
I would say that article is incorrect, at least that statement. They aren't using heat has the energy source, they are using it to separate the ammonia from the water and then using the ammonia gas for the actual cooling.

But this is starting to get OT.
eid
October 26, 2015, 04:01:10 PM
1) Fridge/refrigerators

Read further:

staff
Just writing some code
October 26, 2015, 03:58:26 PM
1) Fridge/refrigerators

eid
October 26, 2015, 03:55:47 PM
1) Fridge/refrigerators

Actually it is possible to use heat to power a fridge. They do it in RV's, caravans etc. This link describes the process using gas/propane to supply the heat, but most of them can use electric elements as well:

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
October 26, 2015, 01:27:08 PM
I think one day my toaster ll be able to mine BTC, using a chip similar to this one.

Indeed, so many case uses to generated heat from mining to do something useful. Imagine a coffee cup that heats your coffe while it's mining Cheesy
Or entire heater system for the winter that is achieved throught pipes that are connected to big miner farms that deliver heat instead of wasting it by pushing it away with fans. So many ideas can be implemented.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
October 26, 2015, 02:49:32 AM
1) Fridge/refrigerators

Okay, here's my idea ...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
October 26, 2015, 02:45:51 AM
I remember bumping this a while back the 21 jobs device is supposed to be a computer and all in one programmer, i'm not quite sure how it is supposed to work in practice though.
Whether it can become the Internet of Things device for everyday usage well we will see, either way we could use the nodes and those people who feel like becoming gamblers Smiley
(It has enough money to market)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-startup-21-raises-record-funding-116-mill-aims-at-mainstreaming-btc-984484
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
October 26, 2015, 02:40:22 AM
You do understand potential of this chip? One day I should be able to come to my store, buy a toaster with this chip for $1 and this toaster s gonna mine BTC to recuperate for the rest of its value to the seller.

Potential is ENORMOUS.

That's absolutely not the point of this.

This chip isn't going into your toaster, come on now.

yes. unfortunately your future toaster's $1 chip will probably take 10 years to earn $1 in btc and use $20 in electricity during that time just for mining.

14nm chips re almost out, new tech s developing as we speak, I didnt say it s gonna be tomorrow but the whole idea sound quite promising to me. Maybe my toaster could stake coins instead.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
October 26, 2015, 12:05:00 AM
You do understand potential of this chip? One day I should be able to come to my store, buy a toaster with this chip for $1 and this toaster s gonna mine BTC to recuperate for the rest of its value to the seller.

Potential is ENORMOUS.

yes. unfortunately your future toaster's $1 chip will probably take 10 years to earn $1 in btc and use $20 in electricity during that time just for mining.

Why is it always about the toaster, when there are already light bulbs with mining chips on them. Mass produce these bulbs, place them on solar-powered street lights, and connect them through the city's public wifi. You can have a whole city mining btc already, well, theoretically.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Grow SMALL amount of BTC by earning it
October 25, 2015, 11:48:56 PM

Potential is ENORMOUS.
Unfortunately, it is never going to happen for a few decade. The chip would still be relatively expensive and the enormous heat generated by the toaster would just kill it, tell me a toaster which costs $1. If everyone buys it, the difficulty would increase proportionally.
tss
Activity: 742
October 25, 2015, 09:10:57 PM

Potential is ENORMOUS.

staff
Just writing some code
October 25, 2015, 01:53:07 PM
I have to say, the device seems pretty pointless. It seems like it is for developers and that the mining is to provide said developers with some Bitcoin to test stuff out on. It looks like it is a dedicated full node with mining capability so that the developers will have some coins to work with for testing. Honestly though, I really don't see the point of it. Testing can be done with the testnet.

As for the OP's question, I think that all of the devices are connected to the same 21 inc pool. Any blocks that pool mines will be attributed to 21 inc, and the resulting payout goes to the developers who are running the device, as normal pools do.
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
October 25, 2015, 01:27:38 PM

Potential is ENORMOUS.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
October 25, 2015, 01:23:02 PM

Potential is ENORMOUS.
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
October 25, 2015, 01:09:16 PM
lol

all of you in this thread

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
October 25, 2015, 01:03:16 PM
What's wrong with turning those device into lottery devices? They have done it with Antminer R1 with 5.5 ghz and passive cooling. These chips will only get smaller and cooler.
Go ahead and play the lottery.  Buy an Antminer R1 and enjoy your fantasy about 25 (soon 12.5) free bitcoins.  However, don't put your R1 in your fucking refrigerator or in your air conditioned house.  This is as dumb as pounding sand - or playing lotto while dreaming of riches. 

Carry on.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
October 25, 2015, 12:24:23 PM
I think one day my toaster ll be able to mine BTC, using a chip similar to this one.
There already are light bulbs able to mine BTC, so in the future bitcoin mining toaster could be an overkill.
I wouldn't be surprised if every electronic device would be able to mine some sort of cryptocurrency in near future.
Pages:
Jump to: