Pages:
Author

Topic: 21.4Mhash/s ... is that decent? - page 2. (Read 26737 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 30, 2013, 12:30:33 PM
I have a Dell XPS17 laptop. The system specs are as follows:

- Intel Core i7-2640m CPU @ 2.8GHz/2.8GHz
- 8GB memory
- 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

Have you not read anything or used the Search feature? This is asked nearly everyday and the answer is again, no. You are wasting hardware, time and electricity. Search for a Bitcoin Calculator.
I've read quite a bit around the forums. Although I don't appreciate the undertone you replied with, I appreciate the response.

You've read nothing or you wouldn't have wasted time posting.
Do you have a tracking device installed on my laptop? If not, you have no way of saying for certain what I have and haven't read. There is information all throughout this forum and finding a straight-to-the-point answer is harder than you think, especially when it comes to specific computer setups. Now, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to end this argument, and I would appreciate if your hostility was directed elsewhere.

Because people like yourself are too lazy to do the search. This in turn floods the forum with these same type of questions answered over and over and people get tired of seeing them posted. Have you ever heard of Google?
 Do you own research!
Thank you. Apparently being new to bitcoin mining is something that's frowned upon seeing as how anyone who gets into mining starts out as an expert.

You may not realize it but there are plenty of tech-savvy people who visit this forum who need to know basic information that they've been unable to find elsewhere. I tried searching. Whether or not I was using the right search terms, I don't know. It's hard to get keywords right when trying to find the right topic, hence, why I made this one.

I'm asking you politely to stop being hostile in your responses. I agree that the information I'm looking for could be on this forum somewhere, and if it is, I apologize because I tried to find it. I did. The point of a forum is to ask questions, to get feedback, and to feed off of one another, whether you're new to mining or not.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
January 30, 2013, 12:25:41 PM

- 8GB memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

Have you not read anything or used the Search feature? This is asked nearly everyday and the answer is again, no. You are wasting hardware, time and electricity. Search for a Bitcoin Calculator.
I've read quite a bit around the forums. Although I don't appreciate the undertone you replied with, I appreciate the response.

Do you have a tracking device installed on my laptop? If not, you have no way of saying for certain what I have and haven't read. There is information all throughout this forum and finding a straight-to-the-point answer is harder than you think, especially when it comes to specific computer setups. Now, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to end this argument, and I would appreciate if your hostility was directed elsewhere.

Because people like yourself are too lazy to do the search. This in turn floods the forum with these same type of questions answered over and over and people get tired of seeing them posted. Have you ever heard of Google?
 Do you own research!
January 30, 2013, 12:22:37 PM

- 8GB memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
January 30, 2013, 12:18:50 PM

- 8GB memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

January 30, 2013, 12:17:42 PM

- 8GB memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
January 30, 2013, 12:14:39 PM
Stop mining with your laptop. Its not worth it.
If you want t mine, you must use an AMD GPU.

However, even that will be useless when ASICs hits the shelves, witch will be in some days or weeks.
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
January 30, 2013, 12:14:06 PM

- 8GB memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/able-to-mine-with-this-system-139747
January 30, 2013, 12:10:12 PM

- 8GB memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
January 30, 2013, 12:09:18 PM
ASICS are hardware, as in hard to get and expensive, but around 300 times more efficient than your setup.
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
January 30, 2013, 12:05:43 PM
what are you running it on
January 30, 2013, 12:02:46 PM
Hey everyone,

I finally got GUIMiner and puddinpop's CUDA miner working together. At the bottom right it's showing 21.4Mhash/s. Is that a decent enough amount to start my venture into mining? Also, what is this ASICs I keep hearing so much about? Is it server hardware? Is it a full server in itself? Is it software?

Thanks!
Ricky
Pages:
Jump to: