Pages:
Author

Topic: $2.5 Million: Binance Invests in Aussie Crypto Payments Startup to Push Adoption - page 3. (Read 462 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Harmony for One and All
thats was intresting information, we know that binance are large exchange company that many people are getting into that, maybe it can become good project in the future that people are waiting for it
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
This is another great one because $2.5 million is a large some that will effect the market significantly and at that there will be more accessibility of the market the payment startup if properly managed Aussie is going to be the world number one choice when it comes to making payments. Good move there by Binance.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
$2.5 Million: Binance Invests in Aussie Crypto Payments Startup to Push Adoption
Australian cryptocurrency payments startup Travelbybit has seen a cash injection of $2.5 million from a high-profile investor in Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange.

Crypto unicorn Binance is investing AUD $3.48 million (approx. USD$2.5 million) in TravelbyBit to further expansion of the latter’s network of cryptocurrency payment terminals following a successful implementation in Brisbane earlier this year, Business Insider Australia reported on Wednesday.

The two companies will jointly collaborate in introducing a point-of-sale (POS) system – already developed by TravelbyBit – into “major airports around the world,” the report added. The objective is to propel cryptocurrency adoption among travelers who commonly see friction in currency conversion and other markup fees.

Binance chief executive Changpeng Zhao said:

“Let’s start with airports and go from there…Real, on-the-ground, just-when-you-need-it use case is the key to further crypto adoption. In this light, there is no better fit than being able to use your crypto when travelling, just after you land in a foreign country, where you may not have the local currency.”
https://www.ccn.com/2-5-million-binance-invests-in-aussie-crypto-payments-startup-to-push-adoption/

that's the smartest decision I've heard today. For once I was thinking what would be the point of putting it in airport but then you realize how much potential is there at the airport for this kind of technology. When you're picking travelers you're picking very diverse set of group which can really boost the use of crypto. Everybody travels, airports are filled with people from different background. I think this is much much better than putting it in retail shop where you are stuck with narrow set of consumers who're all interested in one thing, getting in and getting out of the store. Whereas, at the airport people have to wait for hours and they're more likely to try crypto.
Activity: 420
Merit: 136
I read the news this morning and seriously speaking Binance is really taking crypto business very serious, they want to remain on top and it's really good, they have invested in a couple of blockchain technology recently and also they are building their decentralized exchange, I think binance will remain at the top for a long time to come

What they've done is realized that in order for them to have success the industry as a whole must have success and that's why they support other projects with both finances and advice. Travel money is one of the most likely ways of crypto to make a breakthrough to the mainstream market.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
A step like this means great things for cryptocurrency as it'll increase in popularity as more and more people will be aware of it and use it
Activity: 34
The innitiative is great and it is beneficial for the market. Binance is doing a great job. This fact is certainly noteworthy
Activity: 28
It's a great service and quite appreciable. Binance is really taking crypto business very serious.I think it'll remain at the top for a long time to come.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
The team of Binanse is just great and calculates the future of cryptocurrencies.
Why create a network of terminals from scratch, if there is an opportunity to invest in an already started and promising project.

Exactly, they're really looking at every opportunity to expand their product and at the same time bring people's awareness on cryptocurrency, good call for them. Although the amount invested in just small I'm sure they're tapping on a already existing business model that's already a win-win situation. The travel/tourism is a billion dollar industry so it makes sense for them to really test the waters so to speak and really expand their operations world wide.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
I read the news this morning and seriously speaking Binance is really taking crypto business very serious, they want to remain on top and it's really good, they have invested in a couple of blockchain technology recently and also they are building their decentralized exchange, I think binance will remain at the top for a long time to come
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
The vision is great, and the initiative is also good though the niche market is somewhat off if they want to push adoption. Other market areas could be targeted and better results could be extracted, say for example a restaurant, some gift and novelty shops, supermarkets etc. Not everyone travels on a regular basis, and most travelers on the regular are busy doing things and would probably just use their cards for payment and not bother what bitcoins are. Anyway, just my two cents.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
It's a great service and I appreciate it. We travel to other countries and spend too much time changing currency and it is very inconvenient. This will definitely be a successful collaboration and Binance is making more and more people happy about them.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
The team of Binanse is just great and calculates the future of cryptocurrencies.
Why create a network of terminals from scratch, if there is an opportunity to invest in an already started and promising project.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
$2.5 Million: Binance Invests in Aussie Crypto Payments Startup to Push Adoption
Australian cryptocurrency payments startup Travelbybit has seen a cash injection of $2.5 million from a high-profile investor in Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange.

Crypto unicorn Binance is investing AUD $3.48 million (approx. USD$2.5 million) in TravelbyBit to further expansion of the latter’s network of cryptocurrency payment terminals following a successful implementation in Brisbane earlier this year, Business Insider Australia reported on Wednesday.

The two companies will jointly collaborate in introducing a point-of-sale (POS) system – already developed by TravelbyBit – into “major airports around the world,” the report added. The objective is to propel cryptocurrency adoption among travelers who commonly see friction in currency conversion and other markup fees.

Binance chief executive Changpeng Zhao said:

“Let’s start with airports and go from there…Real, on-the-ground, just-when-you-need-it use case is the key to further crypto adoption. In this light, there is no better fit than being able to use your crypto when travelling, just after you land in a foreign country, where you may not have the local currency.”
https://www.ccn.com/2-5-million-binance-invests-in-aussie-crypto-payments-startup-to-push-adoption/
Pages:
Jump to: