Pages:
Author

Topic: 25 TH/s ASIC miner? (Read 8013 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
September 17, 2013, 04:59:44 PM
seems legit  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
September 17, 2013, 04:49:38 PM
Whats next a petahash miner?

Yes, we will likely see those.  Those will likely be a more high-end unit for major hashing operations.

-D
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I AM A DRAGON
September 17, 2013, 03:41:00 PM
Whats next a petahash miner?
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 12, 2013, 01:34:57 AM
$18,560 per day return.  Not bad.  I wonder what the cost is?

That's a significant fraction of the mining power of the network...

Do you think they meant GH/s?
Not really, the net hash is currently 950TH/s  could hit 1PH/s in the next few days. In a few months 25TH/s will be  trivial.
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
September 07, 2013, 10:34:20 PM
Wow you must be rich now if you held onto those! How long ago where you mining at that rate? 
Sure, eventually there will be 100 TH/s miners.

Yikes. We need to get said devices distributed widely then. Gone are the days of my laptop generating 50-200 bitcoins a day...

I got in about a week before a big difficulty jump. Blocks were being found rather fast. I mined for about a week, on and off. I generated ฿200 overnight once (which I still think is crazy...but I'm rather glad for it! http://uofr.net/~bcg/a.jpg). I generated about ฿400 ish. I "wasted" almost $20 on bitcoin on bitcoinmarket.com buying around 200-ish btc. I've got more than half of it left, but, I sold a bunch in April. I'm lucky to have gotten what I've got for essentially nothing.

I mined because I believed in the idea of Bitcoin, not because it made sense economically. I'm glad I, and others, participated at various times to keep it going, even before there was a monetary value (in fiat). It's also good that there are many like me who pitched in for a short time, getting something to keep motivated to participate in the community, but not getting so much so as to ensure few people got anything.
September 07, 2013, 01:45:55 AM
Everyone is going to be shocked when this becomes a reality

You're right. I would indeed be shocked if a new player can come late to the market and manage to sell something at twice the price-point of their competitors...

VMC doesn't have any better technology than Cointerra or Hashfast. They just put a bunch of chips in 6 different boxes, but selling it as a single SKU, and now everybody is going all ooo and aahhh.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
September 07, 2013, 01:09:03 AM
I'm still not convinced! It's a press release anyone can send out a press release. I want to see one running at 25 therhash. If this company can build a unit that can generate that kind of hashing power why the hell would you sell it to the public! Selling units that powerful will make it impossible for anyone else to mine. Just a few of these on the market will cause the difficulty to go through the roof which will make those powerful units not profitable! The only logical and business wise thing to do is for them to mine themselves!

I would stay away from them. Just like Butterfly labs this company that sells the units wants the money up front for pre orders. It smells like a scam to me. I emailed them and they told me they are doing a crowd funding thing. I feel if a company wants to do crowd funding go to Kickstarter and collect small donations don't put up a store that looks like they are available and collect the full price of a unit that doesn't and most likely will never exist!

If you want to buy a ASIC unit go on Craigslist or Bitmit or Coingig and buy one that already exists that can be shipped at time of purchase. Stop falling for these pre order scams it's starting to get ridicules!

Not a scam:

http://www.easic.com/vmc-uses-easic-to-achieve-24-756-ths-bitcoin-miner/

Everyone is going to be shocked when this becomes a reality
They are working with eASIC to go straight to 28 nm.
eASIC has worked Microsoft and Seagate, so this announcement is HUGE

They will be running a public mining farm with dividends paid out to shareholders (Similar to ASICMINER business model)
Shares can be bought here:

https://btct.co/security/ACTIVEMINING

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
September 06, 2013, 09:18:59 PM
I'm still not convinced! It's a press release anyone can send out a press release. I want to see one running at 25 therhash. If this company can build a unit that can generate that kind of hashing power why the hell would you sell it to the public! Selling units that powerful will make it impossible for anyone else to mine. Just a few of these on the market will cause the difficulty to go through the roof which will make those powerful units not profitable! The only logical and business wise thing to do is for them to mine themselves!

I would stay away from them. Just like Butterfly labs this company that sells the units wants the money up front for pre orders. It smells like a scam to me. I emailed them and they told me they are doing a crowd funding thing. I feel if a company wants to do crowd funding go to Kickstarter and collect small donations don't put up a store that looks like they are available and collect the full price of a unit that doesn't and most likely will never exist!

If you want to buy a ASIC unit go on Craigslist or Bitmit or Coingig and buy one that already exists that can be shipped at time of purchase. Stop falling for these pre order scams it's starting to get ridicules!

Not a scam:

Is this the reason the $/฿ price dropped like 10% over the last few hours?

If this thing is real, i would suspect your theory is correct.  They will be taking a shitload of money out of the BTC economy!  Ouch!

Imagine if they build themselves a dozen or more?   Shocked

This particular setup isn't any different than just buying 13 CoinTerra TerraMiner IV's at $13k each. That will set you back $169k for 26 TH, shipping in December.

The VMC Fast-One Platinum 25 TH will cost $353k (you need 6 expansion cases), and it also ships in December.

They must be targeting this at people who don't know how to use Google...

PS: Faster mining doesn't affect the price of BTC. 25 BTC's are generated every 5 to 10 minutes, regardless of the speed of the network. Fast mining just affects other miners.

They ship in january. Also you need a powerline that can supply 20kWatt.... Their machines are way overpriced for the performance they are bringing imho

It's about 14,2 dollars/GHash with VMC, but that CoinTerra business is a lot better...

I guess it's about who can deliver on time.

Plus:

http://www.crunchbase.com/company/easic

And:

Recent scholarship confirms that merchants made far more money than miners during the Gold Rush.[90][91] The wealthiest man in California during the early years of the rush was Samuel Brannan, the tireless self-promoter, shopkeeper and newspaper publisher.[92] Brannan opened the first supply stores in Sacramento, Coloma, and other spots in the gold fields. Just as the rush began he purchased all the prospecting supplies available in San Francisco and re-sold them at a substantial profit.[92] However, some gold-seekers too made substantial money. For example, within a few months in 1848, one small group of prospectors working on the Feather River retrieved a sum of gold worth more than $3 million by 2010 prices

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Gold_Rush#Profits

ASIC companies are the supply stores for bitcoin miners.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
September 06, 2013, 08:44:07 PM

Not a scam:

legendary
September 06, 2013, 04:55:11 PM

Not a scam:

legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
September 06, 2013, 04:41:16 PM
the 25 TH/s figures are when the device is running at melting point
Activity: 375
September 06, 2013, 03:18:38 PM

Activity: 48
September 06, 2013, 01:35:14 PM
All Specification Subject To Changes Without Notice

LOL!  One would think for that kind of money, they would have all their ducks in a row before offering it.  So, the specs will go from what they have listed on the site to a $5 block erupter over the 3 months since they took all your money.

DANGER!  DANGER!  SCAM ALERT! 
legendary
September 06, 2013, 12:31:38 PM
This project has been in development for a while now....

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/activemining-the-official-active-mining-discussion-thread-252531

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/activemining-overview-and-speculation-thread-254930

ActiveMining: A Fresh Start!

Introduction
ActiveMining is a virtual identity totally owned by the Active Mining Corporation that represents both itself and its profits. ActiveMining's business includes cryptocoin mining and sales of self-built ASIC devices through its wholly owned subsidiary Virtual Mining Corporation (VMC).

Currently, it is expected for interested ActiveMining's public investors to hold 10,000,000 ActiveMining shares (40% of the profits), while Active Mining Corporation owner(s) shall hold 15,000,000 ActiveMining shares (60% of the profits), for a total of 25,000,000 ActiveMining virtual shares that represent 100% of the global profits of ActiveMining.

Public investor's protection plan
The first 10,000,000 ActiveMining shares have the privilege of getting all profits until BTC0.0025/share is paid, starting from the day when dividends begin to be paid.

How to buy shares
ActiveMining shares will be sold on BitFunder and BTCT.CO and any other exchange, following asset approval or tendered by AMC shares. Existing Active Mining Cooperative (AMC) shareholders will be entitled to tender their shares for ActiveMining shares, on a 1:1 basis and are also covered in the public investor's protection plan.

Dividend payment
The global ActiveMining's income, including mining income, hardware sales via bitcoins, other cryptocoins and fiat transferred to bitcoins, will be paid to ActiveMining shareholders proportionally, when all manufacturing, maintenance, labor costs, R&D, growth and miscellaneous expenses are deducted. The first BTC0.0025/share dividends will only be paid to the first 10,000,000 ActiveMining shares, providing public investors a priority in getting back 100% return of their investment.

Our chips in development
Generation 1: Fast-Hash. 28nm. Each chip's rated frequency is 800 MHz at 1.15V. It translates to 16,000 MH/s because it does 20 hashes per cycle. Chip requires proper handling of heat and power supply. It is expected the chip can be overclocked to 1000 MHz @ 20,000 MH/s.

"Our existing hardware assets from AMC liquidation
  • 6 Avalon miners, currently running on BTC Guild under "Team AMC" for around 430 GH/s;
  • An order of Avalon chips from steamboat's batch #1, for 68 Klondike-16 boards, rated at 68*16*282 = 307 GH/s

Oh, of course, forgot to mention that, it's a really active topic in the Securities section, I imagined people were aware...

And the announcement of this miner gave shares a small bump in price for a little while.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
September 06, 2013, 01:33:26 AM
This project has been in development for a while now....

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/activemining-the-official-active-mining-discussion-thread-252531

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/activemining-overview-and-speculation-thread-254930

ActiveMining: A Fresh Start!

Introduction
ActiveMining is a virtual identity totally owned by the Active Mining Corporation that represents both itself and its profits. ActiveMining's business includes cryptocoin mining and sales of self-built ASIC devices through its wholly owned subsidiary Virtual Mining Corporation (VMC).

Currently, it is expected for interested ActiveMining's public investors to hold 10,000,000 ActiveMining shares (40% of the profits), while Active Mining Corporation owner(s) shall hold 15,000,000 ActiveMining shares (60% of the profits), for a total of 25,000,000 ActiveMining virtual shares that represent 100% of the global profits of ActiveMining.

Public investor's protection plan
The first 10,000,000 ActiveMining shares have the privilege of getting all profits until BTC0.0025/share is paid, starting from the day when dividends begin to be paid.

How to buy shares
ActiveMining shares will be sold on BitFunder and BTCT.CO and any other exchange, following asset approval or tendered by AMC shares. Existing Active Mining Cooperative (AMC) shareholders will be entitled to tender their shares for ActiveMining shares, on a 1:1 basis and are also covered in the public investor's protection plan.

Dividend payment
The global ActiveMining's income, including mining income, hardware sales via bitcoins, other cryptocoins and fiat transferred to bitcoins, will be paid to ActiveMining shareholders proportionally, when all manufacturing, maintenance, labor costs, R&D, growth and miscellaneous expenses are deducted. The first BTC0.0025/share dividends will only be paid to the first 10,000,000 ActiveMining shares, providing public investors a priority in getting back 100% return of their investment.

Our chips in development
Generation 1: Fast-Hash. 28nm. Each chip's rated frequency is 800 MHz at 1.15V. It translates to 16,000 MH/s because it does 20 hashes per cycle. Chip requires proper handling of heat and power supply. It is expected the chip can be overclocked to 1000 MHz @ 20,000 MH/s.

"Our existing hardware assets from AMC liquidation
  • 6 Avalon miners, currently running on BTC Guild under "Team AMC" for around 430 GH/s;
  • An order of Avalon chips from steamboat's batch #1, for 68 Klondike-16 boards, rated at 68*16*282 = 307 GH/s
Activity: 375
September 05, 2013, 06:28:37 PM
Wow you must be rich now if you held onto those! How long ago where you mining at that rate? 
Sure, eventually there will be 100 TH/s miners.

Yikes. We need to get said devices distributed widely then. Gone are the days of my laptop generating 50-200 bitcoins a day...
Activity: 52
September 05, 2013, 04:09:18 PM
I will love to see people doing pre-order selling their legs, wives, etc and then "we are almost there", "we didn't receive the chips", "chinese mafia is blackmailing me", "we must review our plans and drop 50% of the hash power", etc, etc, etc
legendary
September 05, 2013, 09:17:32 AM

If this thing is real, i would suspect your theory is correct.  They will be taking a shitload of money out of the BTC economy!  Ouch!

Imagine if they build themselves a dozen or more?   Shocked

This particular setup isn't any different than just buying 13 CoinTerra TerraMiner IV's at $13k each. That will set you back $169k for 26 TH, shipping in December.

The VMC Fast-One Platinum 25 TH will cost $353k (you need 6 expansion cases), and it also ships in December.

PS: Faster mining doesn't affect the price of BTC. 25 BTC's are generated every 5 to 10 minutes, regardless of the speed of the network. Fast mining just affects other miners.

They ship in january. Also you need a powerline that can supply 20kWatt.... Their machines are way overpriced for the performance they are bringing imho

It's about 14,2 dollars/GHash with VMC, but that CoinTerra business is a lot better...

I guess it's about who can deliver on time.
legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010
September 05, 2013, 04:46:49 AM

Imagine if they build themselves a dozen or more?   Shocked

September 05, 2013, 03:39:59 AM

Imagine if they build themselves a dozen or more?   Shocked

Pages:
Jump to: