Pages:
Author

Topic: 26/2 Update: Another message at the mtgox.com start page (Read 2456 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

Thanks for listening to my brief rant on the matter. I love you all. (except Mark)

Love you too Randy  Smiley

*hugs*
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Its becoming clearer by day that Mark considers this some sort of game that he can still win. There's nothing wrong with the mindset of tenacity, its a wonderful thing. But this is not tenacity, its a misguided belief that he's playing a game, and cryptic messages and 'leaked' reports are all part of the hand he's playing now. And again for a game that's great, "pretty sneaky bro", lol u win; But instead of connect four he's fucking around with peoples money, time, emotions and lets be honest many, many lives. He and MtGox need to be dropped now, and forever serve as a warning of what can happen when the wrong type of people get power and abuse it. I sincerely hope that the MtGox customers get their money back and that Gox is never herd from again.

Thanks for listening to my brief rant on the matter. I love you all. (except Mark)
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

February 26th 2014

Dear MtGox Customers,

Furthermore I would like to kindly ask that people refrain from asking questions to our staff: they have been instructed not to give any response or information. Please visit this page for further announcements and updates.

Sincerely,
Mark Karpeles

Furthermore I would like to kindly ask you to kindly refrain from dodging questions to your customers. they have been getting pissed on and not given any response or information. Please go fuck yourself until further bullshit non-announcements and non-updates can be made.

Seriously Mark. Go fuck ya mum.

While your at it why don't you send Routers another email announcing another announcement in the near future.

Fucking rediculous.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Working hard != Working SMART

Tugging really hard when you've got whiskey dick doesn't always help does it?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Dear MtGox Customers,

In the event of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
MtGox Team

It's not much, I know. But it's something...

26/2 update

February 26th 2014

Dear MtGox Customers,

As there is a lot of speculation regarding MtGox and its future, I would like to use this opportunity to reassure everyone that I am still in Japan, and working very hard with the support of different parties to find a solution to our recent issues.

Furthermore I would like to kindly ask that people refrain from asking questions to our staff: they have been instructed not to give any response or information. Please visit this page for further announcements and updates.

Sincerely,
Mark Karpeles

Working hard != Working SMART
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Excellent analysis.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Can anyone tell me how many people would be the kind to own 100s/1000s of btc and hold them all on an exchange?

I mean would the majority of Goxwallets be under 100btc, or are there people that are that oblivious that holding those kinds amounts on *any* exchange, moreover GOX is a huge risk?
Activity: 313

This is one of the worst examples of PR autism I've ever read. And I've read plenty of guff in my time.

Ah, do you have a blog or something that I can read this sort of inspiring comment on PR?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Whenever I read one of his PR statements, I think "nobody can be THAT incompetent or THAT dumb". I mean .... come on. He is totally closing down a multi-million dollar exchange and it takes like 8 hours for THAT message to appear in THAT form? That is very hard to believe. Thus, can it be on purpose? But with what intention? Getting the worst reputation on the planet? Or make everybody think that there must be something unbelievably secret going on, because nobody can possibly be that dumb? I don't get it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
At least he put his name on this one. A step in the right direction.
Activity: 602
If you put this through a bullshit to English translator you get : We're Insolvent
+1
Activity: 1022
Merit: 368
26/2 update

February 26th 2014

Dear MtGox Customers,

As there is a lot of speculation regarding MtGox and its future, I would like to use this opportunity to reassure everyone that I am still in Japan, and working very hard with the support of different parties to find a solution to our recent issues.

Sincerely,
Mark Karpeles
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
If you put this through a bullshit to English translator you get : We're Insolvent
Activity: 486
Im out of the market, thanks mtogx for handling this whole situation by deleting all your tweets and causing speculation with all this FUD and in reality nothing has changed... show us proof
Activity: 266
Language analysis:

In the event of recent news reports

Shifting blame to media reports.

potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market,

Subtle suggestion of "Mtgox the victim".

a decision was taken

Passive voice. Absolves the writer of responsibility. "Mistakes were made" versus "we made mistakes".

close all transactions

Transactions ≠ entire site.

protect the site and our users.

Again, hinting that there is a third party that Mtgox is in fact protecting us from. Victim. Blame.

We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

No specific timelines. No specific action.

This is one of the worst examples of PR autism I've ever read. And I've read plenty of guff in my time.

I am impressed with your analysis.
Evalution is a product of fear and irresponsibility but it's (what mtgox did)  little better than no sound or no voice. This little voice can be raised well up to GEE WE ARE DAMN BACK :-) i need all your Bitcoins come and put in my gox exchange.... You little slaves ... still must use me to sell Bitcoins. HA HA HA!

i hope you enjoyed my little drama :-)

legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
Language analysis:

In the event of recent news reports

Shifting blame to media reports.

potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market,

Subtle suggestion of "Mtgox the victim".

Accurate analysis.  It's very much content free and blaming pretty much everyone else for what has happened over the past few months.  Didn't anyone at MtGox bother to check why so many transactions were bouncing?
Activity: 728
This statement that says nothing and admits to nothing was written badly on purpose, and it is accomplishing its goal.

Longest con ever.
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
Dear customer,

We have now sold all of our servers and have MtGox running on the parking page of our DNS provider.
Currently Mark is planning our getaway to a non-disclosed Island in the south pacific.
Once we arrive we will give you an update from a cocktail bar on the beach.

Kind regards,
MtGOX

No no no!

They may be bad but I won't have that!

It's "Dear Valued customer" !  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
Dear customer,

We have now sold all of our servers and have MtGox running on the parking page of our DNS provider.
Currently Mark is planning our getaway to a non-disclosed Island in the south pacific.
Once we arrive we will give you an update from a cocktail bar on the beach.

Kind regards,
MtGOX
Pages:
Jump to: