Pages:
Author

Topic: 2FA added - page 6. (Read 1711 times)

copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
December 21, 2023, 03:24:06 PM
Theymos 👏👏👏

Great job, PowerGlove! Excited to see long awaited the 2-factor authentication feature added.

Kudos for the hard work. Testing it out now, and will report any bugs if I come across them.

Just for info first time 2FA was introduced by AT&T in 1996

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-factor_authentication
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
December 21, 2023, 03:04:32 PM
Thank you theymos for taking such wonderful decision to secure our account.
Now we can feel relaxed with our account without having to fear about any hack, although I have never tested it to see how it works. I will try it later to feel the cruise.

Thank you.
Activity: 308
Merit: 311
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN
December 21, 2023, 03:02:49 PM
Finally, the long waited dream came true. Thumbs up to PowerGlove for the effort, and theymos for approving the 2FA feature Wink.

EDIT: 2FA is now enabled and tested it on my account, worked without any problem. Using google authenticator as the authenticating app. (Any other alternative recommended, or it's just fine to use?). Thanks.
Activity: 65
Merit: 23
December 21, 2023, 03:00:29 PM
This is a great development, but I just have a question and concern regarding the email type. If the 2FA is enabled and someone has access to your email and wants to use the email to reset the password for someone who has enabled it, can't it be deemed necessary for anyone who has enabled it to either provide the 2FA code before they can be able to successfully reset the password, and if the code is not available, they should be required to pass some form of manual verification?

And then again, in respect to someone knowing the other person's password or the account already logged in on a new device before the 2FA is enabled, will the old device where the account is logged in be logged out automatically after the 2FA has been enabled or will the user need to revoke the access manually?

And if the old device can still be logged in, can someone change and disable the 2FA without needing to add the code for verification?
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
December 21, 2023, 02:58:18 PM
Thank you, theymos. Just tested it and it's working fine.
Activity: 308
Merit: 448
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
December 21, 2023, 02:54:02 PM
Wow!! ,this is a great leap in security progress. Thanks to PowerGlove and theymos. I am definitely trying this out😁.
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
December 21, 2023, 02:51:38 PM
Thanks to PowerGlove, who did 90% of the work on this, the much-requested 2-factor authentication feature has finally been added. You can enable it in your Account Settings, and then you have to give the code when logging in. If you don't have 2FA enabled, you have to leave the OTP field blank when logging in.

If you use the forgotten-password function, then there's an option to remove the 2FA. So 2FA does not provide any protection in case of a compromised email. Make sure that your email address is secure. If you don't want to set an email address, use something like [email protected]; don't use a random nonsense email like [email protected], since somebody might create that domain/email.

Let me know if there are any bugs.
Pages:
Jump to: