Pages:
Author

Topic: 2FA - useful or hindrance? - page 2. (Read 1827 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
July 12, 2014, 06:25:44 AM
While it is true that it a hindrance of some sort. I has its flaw and its not perfect but what is better way to secure your accounts right now? 2FA is just lesser evil in my opinion.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 12, 2014, 05:45:27 AM
2FA is troublesome, but is a necessary evil we have to put up with to protect our money. Most user passwords are too weak and are useless against keyloggers. Would you rather loose you money instead?
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
July 12, 2014, 05:21:03 AM
2FA saved a lot of people from hack. I was one of them.

Everytime I see someone complaining about how they've lost all their money in a hacking I or somebody else will ask if they had two factor set up and their answer is always "no". Please set it up and protect yourself by making sure you can get access back just incase something happens to your access.
Activity: 252
July 12, 2014, 04:50:53 AM
2FA saved a lot of people from hack. I was one of them.
Activity: 274
July 12, 2014, 04:45:27 AM
2factor is great, but there are ways to protect yourself against problems. I prefer 2 factor that sends a code to your mobile phone. I think that's one of the safest ways. If you lose your phone you can always get the same number back. With apps like google auth there's ways to get them back too if you lose your phone. Just make sure you know how to get access back if you do.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
July 12, 2014, 04:31:05 AM
You can always send in a photo ID with a picture of yourself to circumvent losing 2FA details.

2FA is necessary in my opinion. You may find it a hindrance at the moment, however if your account got bruted/phished/etc, your opinion may change in an instant.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
July 12, 2014, 03:51:06 AM
2 Factor Authentication is more widely used than it use to be. Some sites, such as Coinbase, force you to use it, while other sites are optional.

I definitely see the usefulness in this type of log in, however I have not fully adopted it when optional because depending on the situation, it's as much of a hindrance as it is useful. If you lose your phone or get it stolen, then it's a major inconvenience to access your accounts. It greatly increases security measure, but it can greatly screw you as well. Anyone else turned off by this double-edge sword?
Pages:
Jump to: