Pages:
Author

Topic: [[3 BTC BOUNTY FOR THE ANSWER]] Help me get my 4th card up on GUIMiner - page 2. (Read 4328 times)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
When I launch this on GUIMiner, it crashes the dos prompt that shows up.

It crashes the DOS prompt or opens and then quickly closes? Are you double-clicking on poclbm or executing it from the prompt?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I honestly think that this is just a limitation of the GUIminer. My best opinion would be to switch to a miner that has known support for 4 cards.

Since it seems as if you want to stay away from the CLI, I can script it out for you quite easily. Just name a miner of your choice.

I have seen screen shots of 1, 2, 3, 4 different GPUs on GUIMiner, however, if they were individual cards or 2 Multi cards i'm not sure.

If they are 4 different GPU's then it seems as if they are standalones and not crossfired. Which card were you running your display off of when you only had 3 GPUs?
Activity: 126
Hmm, Try a miner with native x64 support.
Activity: 177
As above post says your problem probably is you have the 2 6950's crossfired and no display/dummy plug in the third card

They are all stand alone cards. There are dummy plugs on all the VID cards... nothing is crossfired.
I also suggest trying the console version of poclbm(guiminer when with gui), it might give you a hint(and us)

When I launch this on GUIMiner, it crashes the dos prompt that shows up.
Activity: 302
Presale is live!
As above post says your problem probably is you have the 2 6950's crossfired and no display/dummy plug in the third card
I honestly think that this is just a limitation of the GUIminer. My best opinion would be to switch to a miner that has known support for 4 cards.

Since it seems as if you want to stay away from the CLI, I can script it out for you quite easily. Just name a miner of your choice.

I have seen screen shots of 1, 2, 3, 4 different GPUs on GUIMiner, however, if they were individual cards or 2 Multi cards i'm not sure.
Activity: 5
Can you make sure that the card is enabled in Windows?

Right-click on the desktop, edit Screen Resolution, and verify that you have "Extend Desktop to this Monitor" enabled (instructions are from memory since I'm on XP atm).

Windows and Catalyst Software will detect all 4 cards, GUIMiner refuses to load when I have 4 cards on. 3 Cards it'll load up just fine.

Do you have all 4 connected to some sort of display? Or at elast some dummy connection for the 4th card?
Well one, guiminer has no problems running multiple cards with multi gpus afaik. And i also suggested a few things, but seems they were ignored(even if they might not be the cause/solution)
I could whip up an easy batch script to start the miner of your choice if the command prompt is not your cup o' tea.

Worth a shot.  Grin

Hmmm.... Undecided

Right-click on the desktop, edit Screen Resolution, and verify that you have "Extend Desktop to this Monitor" enabled (instructions are from memory since I'm on XP atm).

Windows and Catalyst Software will detect all 4 cards, GUIMiner refuses to load when I have 4 cards on. 3 Cards it'll load up just fine.
Crossfire afaik should in some cases lower mining performance. and you can only CF between series of the same class i.e 6k with 6k and 5k with 5k(and if they are of the same family)
Are these in a crossfireX configuration or all standalone?

These are all stand alone, Should I cross fire?

People have reported that Windows 7 supports 4 GPUs, other claim to run even more(multi-core at that).

Have you tried Phoenix(with phatk)?

I have not tried Pheonix, I have no idea how that works.  I don't know Linux or any coding languages.
Phoenix is a windows miner albeit 32bit i think...if your OS can also run x86 apps, try it.

EDIT: I really suggest running the program in console mode.
Does it spit out any error message, or just not come up when you launch it?

There are no error messages on this, it simply boots up shows it's icon on the lower right hand corner, then disappears. It automatically shuts down it's process on the task manager also.
Are these in a crossfireX configuration or all standalone?
People have reported that Windows 7 supports 4 GPUs, other claim to run even more(multi-core at that).

Have you tried Phoenix(with phatk)?

I have not tried Pheonix, I have no idea how that works.  I don't know Linux or any coding languages.
Pages:
Jump to: