Pages:
Author

Topic: 3% faster mining with phoenix+phatk for everyone - page 8. (Read 36831 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
2.6% increase on Phoenix' poclbm kernel. Nice work!
Activity: 160
TACNAYN - destroyer of worlds
got a massive increase on openCL miner, from 159 to 166 max
well, okay, not massive, but in terms of % its above what the others got Smiley

and it'l come in handy for my mining rig Cheesy

thanks for the tip and effort, gonna send you a thank you Smiley
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Excellent advice, thanks!!!
Activity: 418
Merit: 250
I hope it doesn't get added and we keep it a secret.  Delete this post

Tongue

Edit: To the OP - if you want to see the results of your kernel edit to my 5770:

210 MH/s -> 217 MH/s , check the graph (dip is when I swapped kernels)
One degree cooler and more stable usage

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Everybody, thanks for trying this out. I guess it really does work  for other people. Keep donating, I like it Smiley

Now that we know it works, it would be great to check this change into the source code repository somewhere so that everyone gets this change by default, without having to manually edit any files. How is this done? Also, how do I post into the non-newbie thread? I feel that this post it doesn't belong here.

I believe after 5 posts you can post in the miner section. Don't worry this will get around quick and it will I'm sure get added within a week or two at most. Great job! I hope your donation made it. =)
Activity: 9
Nice!

On a 6950 : 349 MH/s -> 366 MH/s (3.75%)

Thanks!
Activity: 418
Merit: 250
Wow, really awesome find. You're gonna be a minor celebrity around here soon no doubt.

I salute your ingenuity, and am firing up all the VNC sessions to edit my miners kernel files Wink

edit: You added ten megahashes per second to one of my 5850's.  I'm now hitting 400 MH/s on only 1.162 volts.  I love you.

That was a very selfless act giving it away on the forums like that.  Unfortunately well over 60% of the community would have wanted to charge a fee for their optimization.
Activity: 122
The more efficient you make miners, the higher the difficulty rises.
Activity: 28
Everybody, thanks for trying this out. I guess it really does work  for other people. Keep donating, I like it Smiley

Now that we know it works, it would be great to check this change into the source code repository somewhere so that everyone gets this change by default, without having to manually edit any files. How is this done? Also, how do I post into the non-newbie thread? I feel that this post it doesn't belong here.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Thanks, from 292 to 295.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

FYI, You can make the identical change to phoenix+poclbm with the same 2% increase in speed.

Not getting those speed increases w/poclbm-gui running an opencl miner. Still around 686 Mhash/s for me. Sad

You need to edit BitcoinMiner.cl in the guiminer folder. It works as advertised. Donation coming. =)
Activity: 55
303 -> 309 for each 5830, 2% as advertised!
Activity: 71
Thanks bitless - i went from 296 to 303 on my 5830's. Sent you a nickel and encouraged others on reddit to do the same!
Activity: 3
Thanks, Went from 288.8Mhash/sec to 295.96, 2.48% increase on all 3 5830's.
Activity: 33

FYI, You can make the identical change to phoenix+poclbm with the same 2% increase in speed.

Not getting those speed increases w/poclbm-gui running an opencl miner. Still around 686 Mhash/s for me. Sad
Activity: 182
Went from ~241 to ~248 thanks. Smiley
Activity: 6
188.2 to 192.1 MHash/sec, so almost 2.1% increase-- thanks!
Activity: 14
4.53% increase here. Thanks!
Activity: 70
Thank you Smiley

donation will be coming you way
Activity: 28

Cool, thanks for trying it out! I figured the same logic of using BFI_INT to build the MAJ function would apply to other miners and kernels as well, I just haven't tried it, so thanks for trying it out Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: