Pages:
Author

Topic: 3 hours before the fork - Can I make a transaction without Fear? Please help - page 2. (Read 1280 times)

Activity: 590
Merit: 500
You should avoid transactions now, as suggested by friends. To avoid the things we do not want.
Activity: 275
Merit: 101
I have 4 approves till now -- bitfinex needs 7 I will post when it arrives.

My austrian supplier always pays correct fees, and they said they guarante me that nothing will get lost. (The call was at time of writing this article)

Thanks for all your comments

I think the aproves came very fast

I will tell u all when It has arrived on my wallet at Bitfinex -- hope soon
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
I want to make a BTC deposite to my bitfinex acount

Can I make it 3 hours before 12:20 UTC?

Bitfinex needs 7 confirms

Just called my austrian Bitcoin Dealer (Bitcoinbon.at) and they said "Till 10 UTC its ok", then they will cancel the trades till the fork ended.

Hope I will get 7 approves to bitfinex without problems.

I wouldn't do it but if they can guarantee your transaction will be successful it's alright I guess. Some services suspended Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals yesterday. It's risky.
Activity: 548
Merit: 107

Not good idea at all made transactions before the fork.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508

Congestion is low and fees are cheap right now. Pay a high fee (currently > 60 sat/byte) and you are very likely to be fine. However, there is always the very small chance that a block won't be found for a couple hours, and even a high fee paid at this time could get priced out.

If it's not vital to make the transfer, I'd probably avoid it. But chances are, you'll be fine with many blocks to spare.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
I am not sure if it is safe to make any transaction during that period but to be honest, I would strongly advise you not to test the network. Delay your transaction as much as you can because there is still a risk associated with it unless and until a clear signal from the centre so in such case you might lose your Bitcoins and possibly your transaction might not get confirmation at all. I would say 24 hours delay would be the best to make any transaction without any fear.

Just called my austrian Bitcoin Dealer (Bitcoinbon.at) and they said "Till 10 UTC its ok", then they will cancel the trades till the fork ended.

Hope I will get 7 approves to bitfinex without problems.

Pages:
Jump to: