Pages:
Author

Topic: 3 questions about wallets and DEXs - page 2. (Read 411 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
October 30, 2022, 06:03:39 AM
Yet I can be able to use address freeze on mobile Electrum, but just not flexible and useful up to using coin control.
OP has said he is planning a face to face trade, and it is good security practice to only carry to such a trade the coins you are planning to sell, and not a wallet filled with extra coins. Given this, Electrum would be fine, as he can simply load up Electrum in advance with whatever he has agreed to sell. No coin control necessary.

And yeah, although a completely customizable fee setting on mobile Electrum would be better, the 1/2/5/10 sats/vbyte setting on the static slider is usually acceptable.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
October 30, 2022, 04:13:39 AM
The Mobile app lacks in the features department. What is a good Android phone wallet I can use for bitcoin? Trusted, non custodial, supports PIN or passwords to unlock, and no bugs.
The best Android wallet for that which I have used is still Electrum. The desktop Electrum is far better than mobile Electrum, but I see no issue while spending on mobile Electrum at times except when using coin control. Yet I can be able to use address freeze on mobile Electrum, but just not flexible and useful up to using coin control. My advice for this is Electrum, use it. The second wallet I have used in the past, but which I do not use again for now that I can recommend is Bluewallet. Mycelium is also good, but mycelium users do have the issue of bugs in a way your wallet will not display the actual balance, but deleting the wallet and import the seed phrase on newly downloaded mycelium wallet would be of help. I do not know about Schildbach, but I strongly believe in what o_e_l_e_o recommend.

As far as I know two features are missing in the mobile version of electrum. One is coin control and the other one is signing/verifying messages.
There are many other features on desktop Electrum that is not on mobile Electrum. You can no more generate legacy address on mobile Electrum and the absence of console on mobile Electrum make many things not to be done on mobile Electrum. Even as mobile Electrum can create multisig, he can only generate 5-of-5 multisig at maximum, it can not go up to 15-of-15. In addiction to signing a message, you can not also encrypt a message on mobile Electrum. I like how the fee is now estimated on mobile Electrum with lowest fee to be 1 sat/vbyte if the mempool is not congested, but fee customisation (I mean editing the fee and manually write the sat/vbyte in any number of your choice) is not yet possible on mobile Electrum, but I do not think this last one is necessary.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
October 30, 2022, 02:39:43 AM
Trusted, non custodial, supports PIN or passwords to unlock, and no bugs.
Electrum meets these criteria. Other commonly used Android wallets include Mycelium and Schildbach wallet.

All three of these are also open source and reproducible: https://walletscrutiny.com/#tableofwallets

3. The only DEX I have read about is BISQ. I know nothing about it except that some consider it too difficult and overcomplex to use. Is there something else where I could convert my bitcoin to tether if I need tether? Only good DEXs please. I have had accounts being locked for months on popular exchanges and I dont want that again. Even if I want to trade live with people maybe it is not a bad idea to be able to withdraw USD or EUR from a DEX if possible to my own bank account. Do they work like that?
Bisq will certainly let you trade your bitcoin directly for USD or EUR, provided you can find someone to trade with. There is no denying that Bisq is somewhat more complex to use than a standard DEX, but it is also the more secure and private. There are some pretty in depth guides on how to use it available on their Wiki: https://bisq.wiki/Main_Page

Other good DEXs which support fiat trades are AgoraDesk or RoboSats.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
October 29, 2022, 05:59:14 PM
As far as I know two features are missing in the mobile version of electrum. One is coin control and the other one is signing/verifying messages.
If you need coin control feature for your transactions, you can use bluewallet. It's non-custodial and open-source.
Activity: 41
Merit: 13
October 29, 2022, 05:30:41 PM
Bear with me please. I dont post much but I am a lurker who comes by from time to time. I have noticed that this is a place in the forum where people get the help they need.

I have 3 questions for you.

1. I have some bitcoin which I am planning to sell soon. I prefer real meetups and peer to peer deals. For that I need a good mobile wallet that I can send my coins to that I am about to sell. I have heard only good comments about Electrum but the Desktop version. The Mobile app lacks in the features department. What is a good Android phone wallet I can use for bitcoin? Trusted, non custodial, supports PIN or passwords to unlock, and no bugs.

2. My second question is not about bitcoin. For some reason people like tether where I live. It can be difficult to find a bitcoin trader. They prefer you convert your coins to tether and send them that instead of bitcoin. My guess is they fear volatility? I dont like it but I have to adapt. Can someone also suggest a good mobile and Android wallet that works with Tether and Tron? Same options like with the bitcoin one please.

3. The only DEX I have read about is BISQ. I know nothing about it except that some consider it too difficult and overcomplex to use. Is there something else where I could convert my bitcoin to tether if I need tether? Only good DEXs please. I have had accounts being locked for months on popular exchanges and I dont want that again. Even if I want to trade live with people maybe it is not a bad idea to be able to withdraw USD or EUR from a DEX if possible to my own bank account. Do they work like that?

That is all I have for you. I am hopeful people here are experienced enough to help.   
Pages:
Jump to: