Pages:
Author

Topic: 3 Top Tips to Stay Safe While Margin Trading Crypto - page 2. (Read 186 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
The effect does become less and less noticeable at lower leverage, however.

What people consider low leverage is still extremely high in the grand scheme of things. I had a discussion once with a wannabe trader and I was kinda made fun of for not going beyond 3x leverage and to some times stick to just plain spot trading. The dude was convinced that up to 20x leverage is still within the "safe zone" which is completely retarded.

Crypto in general is inherently already extremely volatile and people want to add 20x more risk to each movement because of their greed. No wonder most people end up broke here.  Lips sealed
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
Despite that you can say it's the safest way in trading cryptocurrencies, there's no such guarantee that it would be really "safe" as the market is so unpredictable that it would go down anytime without warning.
What's the safest way to trade, using margin?  That's ludicrous.  Trading on margin is far more risky than simply trading with a cash account.  I get why traders use leverage, but it is *not* safer than just using your own money to trade without borrowing funds in order to increase potential profits.

My main problem with the quote above is that they are encouraging new traders to use leverage, and that is a mistake, unless you have been in the market for years and you have been obtaining profits through those years
I agree, tho I had to chop your post off since you used a runon sentence.  Exchanges love newbies using leverage since the market is usually so volatile that they will probably lose everything.  Traders starting out ought to just use their own funds instead of borrowing from an exchange.  Sadly I don't think most will heed that advice, as greed usually wins out.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
I have a question to all of the traders here, especially when it comes to crypto margin trading. Do you think these three tips about staying safe while doing margin trading crypto would be effective?

Despite that you can say it's the safest way in trading cryptocurrencies, there's no such guarantee that it would be really "safe" as the market is so unpredictable that it would go down anytime without warning.

Just like what is happening to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies now, the prices are going down and it may expect to go even deeper as much as $7,400. Now it's hanging on around $7,600+.
I read the article and the advice is not bad but I have some problems with it.

Source: https://beincrypto.com/3-top-tips-to-stay-safe-while-margin-trading-crypto/
Overall, trading with low leverage is a simple way for newer traders to get to grips with the market, providing traders with more ‘breathing room’ compared to high-leverage positions. Once a trader feels comfortable with around 2-5x leverage and has a thorough understanding of a platform’s margin call levels, they might then want to begin testing higher leverages to increase the profitability of trades.
My main problem with the quote above is that they are encouraging new traders to use leverage, and that is a mistake, unless you have been in the market for years and you have been obtaining profits through those years then there is no justification for you to use any level of leverage, the market of cryptocurrencies is too volatile and even a very low level of leverage can be enough to wipe out your account in minutes and that is not something that a new trader can manage effectively.

Why would they be trading on a margin trading platform if they don't intend to use leverage?

I wouldn't say that the markets are too volatile for any kind of leverage, newbie traders should be safe playing with 2-4x leverage, after all, 25-50% moves in a single day for a major cryptocurrency are practically unheard of.

Personally, I'd suggest sticking with low leverages and a nice tight stop loss for beginners, if they're not the type of person to watch the market 24/7.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
If you're trying to gauge sentiment through long-to-short estimators like Coinfarm for Bitmex, note that because of the way Bitmex contracts work, there is always one short for every long and vice versa, and with sites like Coinfarm, there's no indication of what sort of leverage each trade on the site was placed on or anything like that. It's also nearly impossible to gauge actual sentiment no matter what sort of tool you're using, and so I'd advise using technical analysis over pure sentiment-based analysis.

Another reason why it's not a good idea to use extremely high leverage is because an increasingly large percent of your trade goes towards maintenance margin, and this means you get liquidated even faster with 100x leverage and higher leverage. The effect does become less and less noticeable at lower leverage, however.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 618
I think margin trading is like the very hard level of the game of trading. But the thing is that like every level requires you to learn a new skill in order to succeed from that level. In this level of trading it's risk management. People often say it's hard to calculate your stop loss and profits and everything in Margin trading as all of it get's messy but the truth is most of them are reluctant enough to not give it a second thought before diving into the trade. I think Risk management is the key to play Margin Trading Safe and there are plenty of calculators available online which can pretty much help you in calculating the risk you are taking per trade and what should be your risk to reward ration if you are taking such risk.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
I have a question to all of the traders here, especially when it comes to crypto margin trading. Do you think these three tips about staying safe while doing margin trading crypto would be effective?

Just like what is happening to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies now, the prices are going down and it may expect to go even deeper as much as $7,400. Now it's hanging on around $7,600+.
I read the article and the advice is not bad but I have some problems with it.

Source: https://beincrypto.com/3-top-tips-to-stay-safe-while-margin-trading-crypto/
Overall, trading with low leverage is a simple way for newer traders to get to grips with the market, providing traders with more ‘breathing room’ compared to high-leverage positions. Once a trader feels comfortable with around 2-5x leverage and has a thorough understanding of a platform’s margin call levels, they might then want to begin testing higher leverages to increase the profitability of trades.
My main problem with the quote above is that they are encouraging new traders to use leverage, and that is a mistake, unless you have been in the market for years and you have been obtaining profits through those years then there is no justification for you to use any level of leverage, the market of cryptocurrencies is too volatile and even a very low level of leverage can be enough to wipe out your account in minutes and that is not something that a new trader can manage effectively.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
The benefits of cryptocurrency margin trading are numerous. By allowing for incredible profitability and the ability to trade on the short side, margin exchanges have become popular with cryptocurrency traders of all experience levels.

However, although margin trading has the potential to generate spectacular profits without requiring much starting-capital, it is also possible to suffer significant losses if traders lack adequate caution when selecting and executing trades.

Read the top 3 tips here

Pages:
Jump to: