Pages:
Author

Topic: 3 x Sapphire 7950 Rig Crash - High Temperatures - Reward for Help - page 2. (Read 4932 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Hello all,

Unfortunately i am facing some real problems with my new rig, this is the setup i just received:

CPU: AMD - Procesor AMD Athlon II X2 Dual Core 250 (C3) (BOX)
MotherBoard: GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5, AMD 990FX + SB950, AM3+, DDR III, USB 3.0, PCI-E 16x, SATA III
PSU: Antec HCP-850, 850W, Modulara, Vent. 135mm, Efficiency 92% (80 PLUS GOLD)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3, 2x4GB, 1600Mhz (Dual Channel)
Case: CoolerMaster - CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced
Hdd: some old suff i found at home
Video Card:3 x Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, 3GB, GDDR5, 384bit, DVI, HDMI, Mini-DisplayPort, PCI-E 3.0

On a fresh windows i have installed the following:

MSI Afterburner
AMD SDK
AMD Drivers 12.8
GUIMiner

Start 1 #1: I run the miner on the first to GPU, good hashrates ±560, when i start mining the 3rd GPU-system crash/shut down

I thought i had to undervolt or something and restarted the computer. I run cmd and enter: startx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENTAGE 100
and enter various settings in afterburner that i found on the forum, for one setting the rig laster a little bit with all the GPUs started (although the pool did not show the same hashrate) but when i closed one GPU and started it again same thing happened.

I also watch the GPU temperatures, it reached 90c on some settings - on other settings the GPU temperature was quite ok (maxing 81 for one GPU the others at about 60) but the GPU was reaching 99% constantly (on other settings the was to change in load)

I really have no ideea what to do...i am just looking at an expensive piece of computer.

I am offering a 10% out of the first month reward to the person that can help me with this one + 25$ via paypal.
Pages:
Jump to: