Pages:
Author

Topic: 3080 mined 2 weeks, then denys mining - page 2. (Read 388 times)

Activity: 1200
Merit: 26
April 12, 2021, 04:55:15 PM
And what PSU are you using for those?
April 12, 2021, 04:49:52 PM
Looks like you have problem with windows.Ok sometimes windows really can cause headache when especially it is updates itself. If you have time install fresh windows disconnect internet and disable update and defender then try again. if you can connect only 1gpu to 16x rest keep on risers. you may run out of pcie lanes if you use 16x slots
Also you can use hiveos from usb disk without windows install at all.
fk2
Activity: 67
Merit: 2
April 12, 2021, 02:22:41 PM
hi batsonxl! I plugged out the 3070 first, same problem. after that I switched the riser of 3080, same problem. after that I put the 3080 in the riser of 3070 to check if it might be not the riser but the usbcable or pcie x1 slot. problem remains.

plugged it into the new rig, mining like there is no problem when on its own in a dedicated x16 slot. just checked for another BIOS but i already have the latest

e: uninstalled all drivers with DDU reboot and clean install latest 465 nvidia driver. uninstalled also afterburner and nicehash. problem remains Sad
April 12, 2021, 02:06:23 PM
What happens if you discard 3070? is it still same?
fk2
Activity: 67
Merit: 2
April 12, 2021, 01:56:51 PM
Hi folks,

I have a small rig with 4 cards running:

- ryzen 1800x
- AX370 Gaming K7 Mainboard
- 1x 3090
- 1x 3080
- 1x 1080ti
- 1x 3070

two cards are sitting in the pcie x16 slots available on the board. two cards are connected with riser. I used these risers for months before, they should not be faulty. NVM I already switched risers meanwhile and that doesnt fix the problem:

the 3080 mined for two weeks now with memclock +1000, PL 70% and to make sure the VRAM does not throttle FAN set to 85% which resulted in tjunction of max 98°.

however, I installed the 4th card 3070 yesterday and since then I had a bluescreen and after that the 3080 shows some strange behaviour:

after reboot it shows u normal. when starting nicehash software everything looks fine. as soon as I start mining the stats like temp, fan speed, ec dissappears and so does the card in nicehash GUI.

In HWInfo I can also see several stats of the card dissappear. the card still does show up in device manager of windows. I tried to mine with the card in a complete new build and it worked. so I dont feel like the card is dead. unfortunately in my main rig i still cant get it to work again.

I tried the following:
- reinstall nvidia driver
- reset bios to defaults
- set above 4g decoding: enable and PCIe Gen: 2 @BIOS (had it working with defaults)
- swap risers, problem follows the card
- usefactory clocks by setting up afterburner once, save and reboot without afterburner loading.

anybody has a tip for me? I'm close to RMAing the card but since it is booting and surviving benchmarks I dont even know what to complain about, except mining which is not what i will complain about obv.

best regards
Pages:
Jump to: