Pages:
Author

Topic: 310 Mhash/s is $0.01 per day? - page 2. (Read 2286 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 36
June 09, 2014, 04:19:52 AM
Mining with this card was never profitable when taking into account the bitcoin price at the time of mining.
In 2010/2011 you could mine lots of bitcoins with this card but the coins were essentially worthless at the time.
The rise of bitcoin price made it (hugely) profitable after the fact, but so would buying 1000USD worth of coins at that time (at 0.05 $/BTC)

Same situation today. The card will cost many times more in electricity than it will get in bitcoins.
If the bitcoin price rises to 1,000,000 USD even this would be profitable.

That being said, using GPU today to mine bitcoins is completely a big no-no. Asic's are the only way now because with todays bitcoin prices you can marginally get your investment back.

For investment purposes this is not the way to go. It is much simpeler just buying the coins and holding them (in well protected wallet, read up on this FIRST).
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
June 09, 2014, 04:04:34 AM
you can mine 5 coins at once in the blake 256 merged mining pools blake coin, photon, dirac, electron and blake bitcoin

5x your hash power

i mine in the la pool but there are several the la pool is here

http://la1.blakecoin.com/index.php

the blake coin thread is here and has all the information and builds of miners ect you need to get started

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annblc-blakecoin-blake-256-for-gpufpga-with-merged-mined-pools-stable-net-306894
Activity: 508
Merit: 500
June 09, 2014, 03:47:01 AM
No point in trying to mine with it, other than playing around and learning about mining.
Maybe you can try and mine some really new altcoins and hope that the price increases.

My advice, buy an ASIC, either for SHA256 or Scrypt.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 09, 2014, 03:44:02 AM
So according to a lot of popular profitability calculators taking in current exchange rate and difficulty settings, I will be losing money at 310Mhash/s with my Radeon 7800 Series due to power costs. Should I trash this card and get a different one? Or throw out GPU mining altogether and go with an ASIC?
Pages:
Jump to: