Pages:
Author

Topic: 35.5Mh/S w/Nvidia fermi 450 GTS -Update- 21.1Ghash?! - page 2. (Read 3044 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I quit using ATI back in 02 or 01.

However, I would like to ask about quadro and tesla.  Are they better for these tasks then non-commercial grade graphics cards?

No. The Quadro are not much different from the normal cards, just have features targeted at graphics/CAD workstations enabled in software. While Tesla is a GPGPU design, its focus is on floating point ops and still missing the crucial integer instructions and performance for mining.

If you're serious about mining bitcoins, the AMD cards are the way to go.
I quit ATI back in their Rage days too, lousy drivers and such, went nVidia and didn't look back until the 4xxx series and the quality of the drivers at the point made the switch a pretty good decision so far. Especially with the hashrates I'm getting from my 5xxx's Cheesy

Activity: 14
I had two systems then,

Compaq Pesario
Intel pentium III first version @ 333Mhz
bigfoot 5.2 20gig HDD
256meg SD ram @ 100mhz[the big thing after EDO ram!]

a agp 4x 32meg ATI PRO video card Tongue

system had 512meg SD ram @ 66mhz
cyrax 686 @ 533mhz
with riva nvidia tnt-2 32meg agp-4x

The TNT won me over way-back-when Smiley
Activity: 56
In 2001 I had a 450MHz CPU and an ATI Rage Pro card with 16MB RAM. In 2002 I upgraded the video card to a nVidia Geforce 4 TI 4200 with 128MB RAM.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

However, I would like to ask about quadro and tesla.  Are they better for these tasks then non-commercial grade graphics cards?
Boy, a lot has changed from 2001 to now. Hell, back then i'd be surprised if you even had a 500mhz cpu. Card prolly had less than 8mb of vram.
Activity: 56
I'd be extremely surprised if they were. They have better floating point performance than consumer geforce cards, but integer performance should be about the same. Which makes them equally unsuitable for bitcoin hashing.

They are cuda commands Tongue
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
I'm not sure, but I think some of those flags are for ATI/AMD video cards and not applicable for NVIDIA video cards.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
Judging by the comparison guide for miners, you're right on track.

nVidia sucks balls for bitcoin.  Sell your GeForce and come to the Radeon side of things if you want to get the BTC!
Hello, I have been having significant trouble this.

Cpu AMD 630 athon II rev2
Ram 2gig 1,333Mhz DDR3
Mobo M4N98TD EVO nforce 980a
GPU ECS 450GTS 192 core @ 789mhz -  1024mb 3000mhz GDDR5

I am using GUIMiner v2011-07-01

I have been mining for 3 days now and have earned 0.02 BTC.
I am processing 35.x Mhash/s
Notice the . please, its not 350+, but 35 .x

I have been trying out some commands to try to boost production, to no avail.

WORKSIZE=128 AGGRESSION=12

I found a post about working command line things, but the reference I used does not display how to set long/muliti commands [so I assumed space without ,]
Pages:
Jump to: