Pages:
Author

Topic: 3.5m+ GB resident demand for second EU referendum. - page 2. (Read 1994 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
Second referendum?? sounds like a phrase from a bad loser.

Lol... forget about the second referendum. It is never going to happen. There was all sort of scaremongering and below the belt tactics from the Bremain loonies for the first referendum, and yet they lost it by a 7% margin in England. Even if there is a second referendum, the results are going to be the same, although the margin can be slightly different (5% or 9% in favor of Brexit).

Where do you get your figures? 7% margin? 40% of youth voted for BRexit?

They won by a 3,8% margin. And seems I'm not the only one insulting here Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

Lol... forget about the second referendum. It is never going to happen. There was all sort of scaremongering and below the belt tactics from the Bremain loonies for the first referendum, and yet they lost it by a 7% margin in England. Even if there is a second referendum, the results are going to be the same, although the margin can be slightly different (5% or 9% in favor of Brexit).
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
BTG CEO
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I wonder how the results would turn out if there was a 2nd referendum...seems like some people may switch over to remain...
legendary
and a baby will live even longer. So lets teach all babies to write an "X", and give them the vote.

AhAhAH. So funny.
Age of vote is determined by the law. The age is not coming from nowhere. You've got the right to vote once you've got all the duties associated. If a baby could fulfill those duties of course it should vote, but that's not the case.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
There is no sign of any tearing apart that I have seen. But I'm not in Westminster.

Will Britain become great again? Well the structure of society has changed, so it will never rebuild past glories. It is quite a complex society, and many people don't really understand it. There is a lot of history as well. For example, our top schools are called "public schools" in other countries those are the lowest schools. However it is quite capable of adapting to the modern world and become prosperous again. We just need to get rid of the banking leeches now that we have dumped the EU.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
The leave guys are already backtracking about most of the stuff they shouted about. the ones who voted most fervently for it are also the ones who're gonna get raped by it. they wanted to lash out. they're gonna get lashed themselves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/25/why-people-who-really-wanted-brexit-will-regret-it-most/
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Young but I'm not that bold
the situation is very messy. the UK is torn a part and it seems that these results are just the beginning of more problems. I wonder how the brexit supporters feel now ? does UK became great again?
legendary
and a baby will live even longer. So lets teach all babies to write an "X", and give them the vote.
legendary
Oh that is just utter shit, they're pissed off leave got a majority and now they're trying to change the rules to suit them and then when that happens and if the same result comes there will be another referendum, I would have no problem with Scotland voting to leave the UK but this is just fucking ridiculous.

This guys, this is why I hate the UK, because if the results had been different all of these people signing the petition would have told the leave side to fuck off and we're not doing it again, what a bunch of Autocracy supporting little monsters, the referendum had a turnout higher than the general election so to try and switch the rules up to 75% is just ridiculous and apparently on the BBC they were saying something like there were people who were voting that hadn't voted since the 90's or some such.

And so? It's rather common to see the loosing side trying to do anything it can to be a winner, what's so shocking about it? --'

I know, I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that some of them are trying to do this, I just think it's pretty disgraceful given how high the turnout is because they're basically ignoring 17 million people who do want to leave vs their number and considering voting for remain is essentially a vote for an organisation like the EU that really ticks me off they're trying to drag us down with the EU which is inevitably going to collapse anyway.

Hopefully now we've got rid of the remain establishment constantly breathing down everyone's necks and calling them racist these people will largely be ignored, you'll notice that it's a tiny percent of remain voters who have clearly signed this position in comparison to all the others, I know over a million is a lot, but compared to everyone who voted and accepted the decision it is thankfully tiny.

They might have had a point if the turnout was ridiculously small, but the fact is there were massive amounts of people voting this time round.

They do have a point considering that the people under 30 all want to remain while the people over 60 all want to leave. Shouldn't this have some weigth in the voting machine? That the people who took the decision are going to die before even having to assume it...

So am I correcting in assuming your suggesting that a say a vote from a 20 year old person should worth more than a vote from 50 years old person, because the 50 year old has higher chance of dying sooner?

If so, what would happen if a 15 stone overweight walking heart attack timebomb 20 year old voted??? Should their vote be then worth less than a healthy 50 year old?

A first step would be to take into account the fact that statistically a 20 years old will live 60 years and a 70 years old only 10 years. So it seems fair enough to give more weight to the first one.

But yes indeed we could go one step further and give each vote a weigth considering the estimated time they still get to live. But that would be incredibly complicated on a very pragmatic point of view xD
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
They do have a point considering that the people under 30 all want to remain while the people over 60 all want to leave. Shouldn't this have some weigth in the voting machine? That the people who took the decision are going to die before even having to assume it...

Considering these people are actively trying to remove Britain's sovereignty while the rest of us are trying to maintain it I actually don't, now I have my sympathies with Scotland if they want to go their own way for example, but not if they intend to drag me along with them into the EU, I would never willingly live in such an undemocratic society. Besides, I think even if they get a second referendum going, the shock of it all will be so big there won't be an EU to join anyway and it does show you how fragile and weak the EU is to begin with, they won't be getting their way for much longer I don't think and the credibility of their leaders to begin with has been severely damaged.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
Oh that is just utter shit, they're pissed off leave got a majority and now they're trying to change the rules to suit them and then when that happens and if the same result comes there will be another referendum, I would have no problem with Scotland voting to leave the UK but this is just fucking ridiculous.

This guys, this is why I hate the UK, because if the results had been different all of these people signing the petition would have told the leave side to fuck off and we're not doing it again, what a bunch of Autocracy supporting little monsters, the referendum had a turnout higher than the general election so to try and switch the rules up to 75% is just ridiculous and apparently on the BBC they were saying something like there were people who were voting that hadn't voted since the 90's or some such.

And so? It's rather common to see the loosing side trying to do anything it can to be a winner, what's so shocking about it? --'

I know, I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that some of them are trying to do this, I just think it's pretty disgraceful given how high the turnout is because they're basically ignoring 17 million people who do want to leave vs their number and considering voting for remain is essentially a vote for an organisation like the EU that really ticks me off they're trying to drag us down with the EU which is inevitably going to collapse anyway.

Hopefully now we've got rid of the remain establishment constantly breathing down everyone's necks and calling them racist these people will largely be ignored, you'll notice that it's a tiny percent of remain voters who have clearly signed this position in comparison to all the others, I know over a million is a lot, but compared to everyone who voted and accepted the decision it is thankfully tiny.

They might have had a point if the turnout was ridiculously small, but the fact is there were massive amounts of people voting this time round.

So am I correcting in assuming your suggesting that a say a vote from a 20 year old person should worth more than a vote from 50 years old person, because the 50 year old has higher chance of dying sooner?

If so, what would happen if a 15 stone overweight walking heart attack timebomb 20 year old voted??? Should their vote be then worth less than a healthy 50 year old?

legendary
I'm concerned that he will allow another spate of QE to push up house prices, and he will try to prop up the pound.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
cameron's going. his quote was 'why should i do all the hard shit?' and who can blame him? time to relax and reflect on the monumental fuckup he's created. for their sake i hope they get a competent team in there.
legendary
I think the whole referendum was a sham. I gather 7% of UKIP members were reported as voting for remain. If Cameron can't even win a manipulated referendum, do we really want him negotiating anything on our behalf. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
That petition is being brigaded by people from abroad. See

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215.json

There are actually four petitioners from Syria!!! ISIS for another referendum?  Grin
legendary
Actually the 48% also includes thousand of immigrants who were sent papers by mistake - I wonder how they voted. This shows the lengths the current government will go to to get their way. Brexit wasn't just a vote to leave, it was a vote ogf no confidence in the current venal government.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
As long as they are the only ones that can vote in it, give it to them. They will still be under the majority of the original referendum.

Cool

OK.... here is the deal. There are some 46,501,241 voters in the United Kingdom. If the Bremain loonies can get the signatures from half (i.e 23.3 million) of them, then we can have a second referendum. Just because they have the support from 2% of the voters, they can't claim that the majority are behind them.

Also, the 52% vs 48% comparison is wrong, as it includes both Scotland and Northern Ireland. These territories are going to secede any way. In England, the margin was 7%.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
As long as they are the only ones that can vote in it, give it to them. They will still be under the majority of the original referendum.

Cool
legendary
This is classic stuff and it's gonna be repeated over and over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3658966/Cornwall-votes-decisively-Brexit-seeks-assurances-won-t-lose-60million-year-gets-EU-subsidies.html

County votes to leave eu and then asks if they'll be able to keep their eu subisdy. um, does it work like that?

Dumbest shit I read in a while, how can they possibly think it's going to happen???
Pages:
Jump to: