Pages:
Author

Topic: (36%) of U.S. investors would consider buying bitcoin - page 2. (Read 293 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Consideration could just mean reading a little article about bitcoin.   The actual number of people that will put their money on the line after seeing something drop over 80% is still really low.  Elderly people don't want to risk their live savings on something so speculative.  If you already have a nice amount of wealth saved up there is no point to risk it on one of the riskiest assets, no one knows how long bitcoin will last.

Technically we know how long Bitcoin will last so at least we can answer that. Of course, elderly might can want to spend their retirement plan to some less riskier traditional investments. But maybe just a small percentage are willing to invest still maybe 10% of their total asset to see how it goes.

@deisik put a good argument, as human, we always seek adventure even as we age. And just imagine milennials and young generations who have accumulated wealth very early, it's possible that they can see bitcoin or crypto in general as a good choice to park their money, IMHO.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
If you already have a nice amount of wealth saved up there is no point to risk it on one of the riskiest assets, no one knows how long bitcoin will last

It seems to remain an open question still

In fact, when you have already accumulated a significant amount of wealth with some less risky asset or assets (like government bonds, gold, etc), your appetite for riskier assets is likely to increase, which is somewhat counterintuitive. It's something like the law of diminishing marginal utility applied to wealth accumulation. According to this law, it can be said that the more wealth you already gathered, the less interested you become in gathering it with your current instruments as you will necessarily be earning less and less percentage wise over years. So you are kinda pushed towards riskier investments and assets which could offer you a more satisfying percentage (compared to what you have already secured)
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
I would consider building a mansion by the sea side in a very quiet island. But that's just mere thinking about it. In actuality I may not even build that house if I have the funds tomorrow.

It's one thing to "want to invest" and another to "consider to invest." When thoughts crosses a person's mind, he can consider to act or not to act on it.

Baby steps, that's all we can really ask for. Back in 2010, can you imagine what this percentage would be? Less than 1%, I'm sure. Back in the day, people saw Bitcoin as a novelty, a Ponzi scheme, a currency for criminals. In just 10 years, 36% of investors are open to it? Pretty amazing if you ask me!
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
It is surprising to see an increasing number of those who know Bitcoin (& cryptos) and some of them are seriously considering investing in it.
It is not a big surprise to see more people wanting to invest in bitcoin, if you look at the performance of financial assets in the past two years you will understand that bitcoin has outperformed all other financial assets by a large margin and hence you will find many investors to have bitcoin in their portfolio even though it is a highly volatile asset people would add bitcoin to their portfolio simply because of the returns it can give in a short period of time and with proper financial asset manager the risk will reduce considerably.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
Consideration could just mean reading a little article about bitcoin.   The actual number of people that will put their money on the line after seeing something drop over 80% is still really low.  Elderly people don't want to risk their live savings on something so speculative.  If you already have a nice amount of wealth saved up there is no point to risk it on one of the riskiest assets, no one knows how long bitcoin will last.

The numbers in surveys like this isn't always as accurate but its something to gauge. More people are going to cryptocurrency investment when they learn about it and Its those believers that we are after. We can leave the traditional people be traditional but come the adoption as its gradual, they will start learning all these cryptocurrency technology thru the phones.
Activity: 76
Merit: 4
I would consider building a mansion by the sea side in a very quiet island. But that's just mere thinking about it. In actuality I may not even build that house if I have the funds tomorrow.

It's one thing to "want to invest" and another to "consider to invest." When thoughts crosses a person's mind, he can consider to act or not to act on it.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
it is a good news definitely, to see rise of this figure from poll to poll
percent is high, considering is not buying, but with this figure considering it, we will see influx of buyers on the market, penetration is significantly below these numbers at the moment
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
Considering and really buying is poles apart , but seeing this number increase over the years is a good thing for not only US but the whole world because trust me many countries follow US.
The only loop hole is them being ridiculously double sided when it comes to cryptocurrencies , you could see one investing in it and as soon as it's given a bad reputation they follow this .
This sheep trail regarding the cryptocurrencies does very less good .
But Gold still holding it's investors high despite slow growth just shows us how people are favouring less risk , less profit situations.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
It is surprising to see an increasing number of those who know Bitcoin (& cryptos) and some of them are seriously considering investing in it.

This quote from digital currency asset manager Grayscale Investments found :

more than a third (36%) of U.S. investors would consider buying bitcoin, representing a potential market of more than 21 million investors in the general population.

A survey found that there is a significant crossover between BTC and gold investors in these values:

Quote from: forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2019/07/25/there-could-be-a-sudden-influx-of-bitcoin-investors/#4e509a3a2ece
Some 69% of investors interested in bitcoin see gold as a good investment (versus 55% of all investors) and 65% say they definitely or probably would invest in gold (versus 41% of the general pool).

Read More & Source -----> There Could Be A Sudden Influx Of Bitcoin Investors
Pages:
Jump to: