Pages:
Author

Topic: 3D Printing - page 4. (Read 2895 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
November 23, 2013, 07:40:53 PM
I don't have one but I'd like to get one soonish, the only thing is I'm afraid that it will be a hassle to use and more of a hobby of itself rather than a tool.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
November 23, 2013, 05:48:04 PM
thats a very cool and completely disruptive technology, i read alot about that!

think of the possibilities that will create! its already possible to use metal for 3D printing. google for it Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aghzpO_UZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS4Xw8f9LCc
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 23, 2013, 01:33:59 PM
How you can print more complex stuff like TV?
It has plastic, but a lot of metal including silicone microchips.

Will be not easy at all, if even possible to combine all

At this point, you can really only print with one material, on most 3D printers. Perhaps that will eventually change, but at this point, they are only useful for some stuff.
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
November 23, 2013, 01:08:35 PM
How you can print more complex stuff like TV?
It has plastic, but a lot of metal including silicone microchips.

Will be not easy at all, if even possible to combine all
Activity: 148
November 23, 2013, 12:53:39 PM
An interesting and completely disruptive technology (much like bitcoin).

Think about all the material goods you buy... and now all of a sudden you don't buy these things, you make them yourself.

And how will we pay for the designs we download? What incentive is there for designers? At first there will be printers and 'design stores' that lock you in with DRM, but very soon and easily free versions will pop up.

Basically, those who provide the raw materials that these things need will be laughing. Whereas stores like IKEA will be obsolete.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
November 23, 2013, 12:43:00 PM
You know that within 5-7 years they will likely be able to 3D Print human organs.  Within 10 years a Human Heart.

Maybe detailed human organ plastic toys for kiddies  Tongue

Ummm, that's kind of possible now. What he meant was real organs, a technology which is being developed right now for real.
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
November 23, 2013, 12:37:46 PM
You know that within 5-7 years they will likely be able to 3D Print human organs.  Within 10 years a Human Heart.

Maybe detailed human organ plastic toys for kiddies  Tongue
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
November 23, 2013, 12:21:46 PM
How much did it cost?
Activity: 324
November 23, 2013, 12:13:36 PM
How many of you guys have 3D Printers?  I am amazed by the technology for some reason.  It seems as if things are developing extremely fast in this sector. 

I have been reading up a lot on the 3D Print forum http://3dprintboard.com/forum.php

You know that within 5-7 years they will likely be able to 3D Print human organs.  Within 10 years a Human Heart.   There are also scientists working on 3D Molecular printing which means you could theoretically put an apple, a plastic bag, and a cardboard box into a machine and it will break the material up into molecules, and then reform it into something else like a toilet.  Pretty crazy, and something like that may only be 25 years off!

Who here has a 3d printer and what make?  I have a Makerbot Replicator 2
Pages:
Jump to: