Pages:
Author

Topic: 4 hashes parallel on SSE2 CPUs for 0.3.6 - page 5. (Read 21996 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 263
That's amazing...

So are you saying you use 128-bit registers to SIMD four 32-bit data at once?  I've wondered about that for a long time, but I didn't think it would be possible due to addition carrying into the neighbour's value.
That's how it works. Four 32 bit values in a 128 bit vector. They're calculated independently, but at the same time.

Btw. Why are you using this alignup<16> function when __attribute__ ((aligned (16))) will tell the compiler to align at compiletime?
Activity: 308
Merit: 256
Darn, it means the next release, the difficulty is going to have to increase to 1000 or so to keep up, LOL  Grin
founder
Activity: 364
Merit: 6472
That's amazing...

So are you saying you use 128-bit registers to SIMD four 32-bit data at once?  I've wondered about that for a long time, but I didn't think it would be possible due to addition carrying into the neighbour's value.
Tell me if it works Smiley
Donations are welcome. 17asVKkzRGTFvvGH9dMGQaHe78xzfvgSSA
Awesome, I'll have to give it a try myself then.  Shocked
Performance of stock code (as measured by my test/benchmark program) is about 1500khash/s.
My code does 3500khash/s. Both figures are for one core. It scales well because I do 128 hashes at once and keep the datastructures small enough to fit in the CPU cache.

I have two local collision attacks which will squeeze another 300khash/s out, but they are not stable yet.
I take it that you've already tested the hash limit before performance starts to suffer against the stock code? I'm just curious myself.
This patch will calculate four hashes on one core using vector instructions. There's a test programm included that validates the new hash function against the old one so it should be correct.

The patch is against 0.3.6. Improves khash/s by roughly 115%.

http://pastebin.com/XN1JDb53
Pages:
Jump to: