Pages:
Author

Topic: [4,847,647]Difficulty Discussion Thread [TRENDING ↑ ↑] - page 2. (Read 14586 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
CURRENT DIFFICULTY

Next difficulty (estimate):

Wow, that's nearly a 30% increase in the course of a month
Bitcoin Difficulty

We've nearly caught back up to before block halving difficulty

o.0
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
oh crap diff too high, turn it off! turn it OFF!
ok diff dropped, turn it back on...
Bitcoin Difficulty

Bitcoin Difficulty

Next difficulty (estimate): 2,972,949

Difficulty Change in 23 Blocks

SCOURCE : http://bitcoinwatch.com/
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
You can see what I have in my signature. The whole game will be different in 7-8 months. You won't be able to mine with just a computer, you'll need specialized devices called FPGA miners or ASIC miners. there are plenty of threads in the Hardware subsections.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Pools can consist of thousands of different users, and those users may have multiple miners connected.

How long it takes to mine 1 BTC depends on your setup. My setup puts out about 3200 Mhash/s at the current difficulty I mine one bitcoin approximately every 2 days.

To check how much you would make at different hashrates, go here: http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

Thanks for the info. How much did your hash-rate cost, or basically your set-up to acquire 1BTC per day. I'll be investing in 7 months (I know a really long time away) but I kind of want to get an idea of what mining is right now.

What do you think the top notch/most expensive set-ups could make you per day on one computer?

I'll have 5-6 computers and free power.
Pools can consist of thousands of different users, and those users may have multiple miners connected.

How long it takes to mine 1 BTC depends on your setup. My setup puts out about 3200 Mhash/s at the current difficulty I mine one bitcoin approximately every 2 days.

To check how much you would make at different hashrates, go here: http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Does anyone know the normal length you have to mine in order to acquire 1 BTC. Also, how many computer's does a "pool" usually consist of? Like 20+, or below 5?
Gonna update the title to reflect the new difficulty?

I think everyone is holding their breath about ASICs, that will change the game. I think people are trying to squeeze the last bit of profit out of their rigs before the ASICs start arriving close to the end of Jan/begginning of Feb. My GPU rigs can stay afloat until 4.5mil difficulty, and my FPGAs at about 45mil diff, where I'll be getting off the mining train. I'll stick around in BTC, but no more mining for me...
What happened to the concept that btc price would increase massively after the reward halving? I see a price that’s pretty close to what it was at a 50btc reward.

Yeah I know. Maybe once all these holidays are over people will change. By the end of January I recon the price will go up 25% or the difficulty will go down 25%
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
What happened to the concept that btc price would increase massively after the reward halving? I see a price that’s pretty close to what it was at a 50btc reward.
Up up up and down
Turn turn turnaround
Round round roundabout
And over again
Gun gun son of a gun
You are the only one
Makes any difference what I say

http://youtu.be/3OlxKVa7BHA

Love that song
Activity: 699
Your Minion
Up up up and down
Turn turn turnaround
Round round roundabout
And over again
Gun gun son of a gun
You are the only one
Makes any difference what I say

http://youtu.be/3OlxKVa7BHA
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Looks like the equipment is coming back on. Or ASICS?
No, these are now "diff hoppers", people on the brink of profitability who wait for the diff to drop, then mine until the diff rises, then stop. They did so numerous times on the LTC chain which changes more frequently, but they're doing it now to the BTC chain.
Looks like the equipment is coming back on. Or ASICS?
Bitcoin Difficulty

Next difficulty (estimate): 3,229,121
Once everyone has stopped eating and parting hopefully more GPUs will come offline

Dude u mean online ...stop smoking crack...lol

Nope, I meant offline.  I'm guessing that after everyone has recovered from running amuck at Xmas & New Year, they'll realise how much money they've spent.  Then they'll take apart their GPUs and sell em on ebay.

Now if you'll excuse me, my crack pipe is getting cold...

o.0
Activity: 574
Once everyone has stopped eating and parting hopefully more GPUs will come offline

Dude u mean online ...stop smoking crack...lol
Pages:
Jump to: