Pages:
Author

Topic: 49 port USB hubs anyone having problems? - page 2. (Read 2121 times)

Activity: 454
Merit: 300
December 28, 2013, 03:45:12 PM
1. give each BE its own serial number using cp210 manufacturer software
2. unplug hub and all BE's
3. remove all unused usb devices per http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/504/how-to-uninstall-hidden-devices-drivers-and-services/
4. plug in hub and then each BE one at a time
5. make sure you have a good power supply that has the required current capacity on the atx plug, and only install BE's up to that capacity. eg. 1200 watt silverstone would only run 46 BE's, has plenty of 12vdc juice but limited on the atx line to the two +12 feeders. When you draw a lot of current I think it drops the hub voltage below that required to operate the BE's.
6 Check your fuse to ensure it isn't heating up indicating it is dropping some voltage. External cooling, fans essential when running that many BE's in close proximity.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
December 28, 2013, 03:14:30 PM
I got one of those A*******r 49 port USB hubs a few weeks ago from one of their franchisees ( or however they figure out who can sell them) and it ran good, 2 dead ports to start. Now I have 17 bad ports. anyone else having trouble with them?
The bad ports power up BE's OK, but cannot mine or load drivers. I am using windows 7 64 bit, which may have something to do with it. But they seam pretty flimsy for the price that I paid.
Pages:
Jump to: