Pages:
Author

Topic: [4BTC] Assemble a PirateBox for me and send it to me - page 3. (Read 6955 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
I read "the two" as meaning the router and the USB stick, not two routers. Perhaps the OP can clarify.
You're probably correct.
legendary
What's a GPU?
You technically wouldn't need a 2nd entire PirateBox, just a wifi extender, which a lot of routers can be configured to act as with the right firmware. If it can run the PirateBox firmware it can probably run dd-wrt/openwrt/tomato etc and act as a range extender. Theoretically, since the PirateBox firmware runs over the top of one of these firmwares (openwrt I think?) it should be possible to configure it thusly, though the menu options associated with such a configuration might not be present.

Yes, a repeater is easy, but I think we were thinking of actually integrating the two on a deeper level. Ex. see both box's files in one web page.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I will order the two and get them shipped to your place
Also, in the OP you used singular terms, implying you want one router configured. I thought I might exploit that and give you the choice of sending me 3.777btc once or twice Tongue
I read "the two" as meaning the router and the USB stick, not two routers. Perhaps the OP can clarify.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
You technically wouldn't need a 2nd entire PirateBox, just a wifi extender, which a lot of routers can be configured to act as with the right firmware. If it can run the PirateBox firmware it can probably run dd-wrt/openwrt/tomato etc and act as a range extender. Theoretically, since the PirateBox firmware runs over the top of one of these firmwares (openwrt I think?) it should be possible to configure it thusly, though the menu options associated with such a configuration might not be present.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Wow... that looks badass

Can two pirateboxes connect to expand the network size?

If they can, that's a whole new level of badassery!

They probably don't but you should contact the dev about that.
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
Wow... that looks badass

Can two pirateboxes connect to expand the network size?
Activity: 609
Merit: 501
peace
if this goes well, I will gladly do it again.
Thanks for PM and we'll be in touch shortly.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Yes, I agree to that, considering you're taking the bigger risk by sending me the routers.

I'll PM you my address.

Also, in the OP you used singular terms, implying you want one router configured. I thought I might exploit that and give you the choice of sending me 3.777btc once or twice Tongue
peace
That looks awesome Cheesy I'd do it for 3.777btc!

Additionaly, I have experiance loading custom firmwares onto routers, and if done incorrectly, it can brick them, which renders them nearly irrepairable. (Although I have unbricked a few for friends Tongue)

I accept the offer for 3.777btc
I will order the two and get them shipped to your place, you fix it up and send it over !
Ideally packed right back in the same router box with a little USB stick attached Smiley

If acceptable for you, I will send the bitcoins once you claim the setup complete. Is that fair? Otherwise, please suggest something else;

Looking forward and thank you in advance!
legendary
What's a GPU?
That looks awesome Cheesy I'd do it for 3.777btc!

Additionaly, I have experiance loading custom firmwares onto routers, and if done incorrectly, it can brick them, which renders them nearly irrepairable. (Although I have unbricked a few for friends Tongue)
peace
it looks straightforward indeed.
I have never done it myself though nor anything like it.

Let me know
legendary
Activity: 910
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
had a look through the link... looks pretty straight forward.. ?
or am I missing something ?
peace
I'm looking for someone to whom I could send a TP-Link WR703N and a USB stick
and this person will Load up a functioning service of a http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBox_DIY_OpenWrt

And send it to me, in the US Smiley
Ideally, this includes shipping to a US address.

Anyone up for it?

Pages:
Jump to: