Pages:
Author

Topic: 4GB GPUs and DAG file load problem with Claymore and Ethereum - page 2. (Read 648 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
HAHA i'm mining with windows and 4GB cards, and i give not up, because why? My Rigs running well.

After reading your description the fix for windows is -> use internal gpu as first gpu and you have no problems.

Wait until 370 epoch, you will change your mind.

Kawpow works on 4GB still but i thin kthat profitability will be killed when all those 4GB or 50% of them will switch to  Kawpow ... good luck with profitability.
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
HAHA i'm mining with windows and 4GB cards, and i give not up, because why? My Rigs running well.

After reading your description the fix for windows is -> use internal gpu as first gpu and you have no problems.

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
Now this is actually good news for eth and etc miners that have 6gb 8gb and 11gb cards.

we should see a boost in earnings.

I have

3 x 2  = 6
 1 x 4 =  4
 1 x 5 = 5

15 gpus pointed to simple mining as I type. all are 1080ti's and all earn more then 1 dollar a day.

Ty will 4gb cards work for kapow with simple mining?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello guys,

Every 4 days more and more of you guys will have bigger problems with 4GB GPUs.
Today there was another epoch in ethereum that increased size of the DAG file that is being loaded into GPU. 4GB GPUs are almost full !
[Short version]

Why is this happening ?
This file is right now 3.75GB in Ethereum and 3.84GB in Ethereum Classic.
The problem with claymore miner is that he did not released fix for the 4GB cards.
Also problem is seen in windows as windows is loading graphical interface in first GPU which already has almost full memory.
Every 3 days dag file increase and cause problem on 4GB cards.

How to fix it ?
Solution is simple, you just need Linux like Operating system and SimpleMining.net OS is the way to proceed.
Then under that operating system you just need to use teamredminer and then problem with 4GB GPUs will be solved but still not for long.
In November / December 2020 the file will exceed 4GB and those cards will stop mining Ethereum forever.

Also there is about 20-30% GPUs that have 4GB memory so you can expect 20-30% difficulty drop somewere in November/December 2020 or maybe this will be smoother as Windows users will probably give up mining.

Anyway if you would like to fix your problem, the solution is simple Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mining-os-simpleminingnet-manage-your-gpu-farm-the-easy-way-30-days-free-1541084

Current DAG size you can check on: https://investoon.com/tools/dag_size

Counter to next epoch has nanopool (top left on their website): https://eth.nanopool.org/

Our Mining Operating system website: https://simplemining.net

Here is whole email that i addressed to SimpleMining.net OS users: (with complete info how to fix it)
--------------------------------
[long version] Cheesy
Quick but very important information about mining on 4GB GPUs.
Many users don't know but 4GB GPUs will soon stop be able to mine Ethereum (ETH) and Ethereum Classic (ETC)!
When you are creating new rig, be sure not to buy 4GB cards anymore. Choose those with 8GB or more.

Why is this happening ?
Well, there is the thing called "DAG size" in Ethereum. This is file that is being loaded into each GPU.
This file size is currently 3.74GB. And you are thinking right, when it grows to ~4GB the GPU will not be able to mine ETH.
On the other hand ETC (Ethereum Classic) has even bigger DAG file of 3,84GB so mining for it will end up sooner.

You will have problems sooner !
90% of users are currently using old good Claymore-ETH miner. But we are getting more and more signals that problems appearing right now in Claymore and Phoenixminer.
Windows user are doomed even faster with 4GB cards but you are using SimpleMining.net OS which is based on linux that handles mining much better.
ETH DAG file will exceed 4GB size in November/December 2020 and that might be last days with 4GB GPUs.
There are other coins which you can check on whattomine.com calculator but it will be less and less profitable.

How can i extend ETH mining on my 4GB GPUs ?
You should use miner program that addressed 4GB problem and made improvements so that 4GB cards could last as long as it is possible.
We advice switching from Claymore and PhoenixMiner to TeamRedMiner which fix works the best on 4GB GPUs.
Also its good to tell that TeamRedMiner has lowest dev fee and slightly better hashrate.
Still you need to know one important thing. When you look into dashboard hashrate, we are presenting you hashrate that miner tells us.
So looking at hashrate in miner/dashboard is not the smartest move.
If you want to be sure that miner program is hashing faster, you can verify that in much better way.
Take a look into your pool statistics website for accepted/current hashrate(real one) and not reported hashrate (what miner reports).

How to migrate from Claymore/Phoenix/others to TeamRedMiner ?
Edit your ETH mining group (or much safer - create new Config Group) -> Press "Change Miner" button - > search for teamredminer -> select USE on newest version
If you created new group, assign this group to your rigs.
In config option write those options:
-a ethash -o stratum+tcp://POOL:PORT -u 0x222222222.$rigName -p x --api_listen --watchdog_script
Or if it is SSL port then:
-a ethash -o stratum+ssl://POOL:PORT -u 0x222222222.$rigName -p x --api_listen --watchdog_script

Example config for TeamRedMiner for pools: (replace x2222222 with your ETH wallet address)
-a ethash -o stratum+ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -u 0x2222222.$rigName -p x --api_listen --watchdog_script
Example for nanopool:
-a ethash -o stratum+ssl://eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9433 -u 0x2222222.$rigName -p x --api_listen --watchdog_script

Questions ?
If you have any questions regarding this, any trouble, please feel free to ask up on our real time Discord channel https://discord.gg/EaZEmYz
You can also reply to this email (we reply within 24 hours).

Our Mining Operating system website: https://simplemining.net
Pages:
Jump to: