Pages:
Author

Topic: 4GB GPUs on ETH - page 2. (Read 256 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 4
April 24, 2022, 12:12:52 PM
Those 4GB rx580s are still badass, if you have solar power or free electricity you can still mine Ravencoin, Conflux and Ergo, even Alephium, oh Flux is still there, these altcoins can be very big in future, I won't sell this graphic cards if I have them.

.... or easier ETC
Activity: 1302
Merit: 110
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
April 24, 2022, 11:56:22 AM
Those 4GB rx580s are still badass, if you have solar power or free electricity you can still mine Ravencoin, Conflux and Ergo, even Alephium, oh Flux is still there, these altcoins can be very big in future, I won't sell this graphic cards if I have them.

They are good cards but not the best. If you want to hold rhe coins for long term and electric bill is high, then we have to pay for it first and sell the coins later on. The problem is if the coin fails, and decided to shut down, those time your are paying the bills will be lost. I guess if you really wanna earn, we just have to buy the best cards available or mining equipment. Because it is better to buy the coins you wanna mine, saves you time and energy, just cleaning rigs is a mess.
Activity: 237
Merit: 19
April 24, 2022, 05:54:26 AM
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
April 24, 2022, 05:27:54 AM
There was a time when you can mine ETH with rx480 and 580 with 4GB memory using a particular miner, i'm guessing it's lolminer? Now that the DAG file is very close to 4.9GB I doubt this trick still works. Anyone using this strategy with 4GB cards?.
You can mine ethereum on 4gb graphics cards, but your hashrate will be less than 1 megahash. That's how it was when I last tried with a DAG file size of about 4.2gb. Mining may not work now, but you will not be mining ethereum with this hash rate, even if you can start mining.
Activity: 185
Merit: 14
April 24, 2022, 05:09:53 AM
There was a time when you can mine ETH with rx480 and 580 with 4GB memory using a particular miner, i'm guessing it's lolminer? Now that the DAG file is very close to 4.9GB I doubt this trick still works. Anyone using this strategy with 4GB cards?.
Pages:
Jump to: