Pages:
Author

Topic: 5 BTC BOUNTY --- BAMT boot issue. - page 2. (Read 5280 times)

donator
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
you got hacked bitch!
May 26, 2012, 02:34:38 PM
I just edited my post and added a tutorial

Thank you sir, I will try this now and if it works, I will send you the bounty instantly.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
May 26, 2012, 02:27:21 PM
I just edited my post and added a tutorial
May 26, 2012, 02:17:46 PM
4gb Kingston DataTraveler G3

Have not tried any other linux distro but I have used these to install windows 7 on my other rigs and it boots juts fine to the installer.

It seems when I put BAMT on the drive, my mobo cannot see it.  So I figured something has to be wrong with my formatting or .. .fudge I dunno I am so stressed out lol

Those ones work fine. You're saying your mobo can't pick it up?

I'm assuming your running Windows 7 right now, here is a quick tutorial so you can check you're doing it right, as there are many differents methods to doing this, but this is the best IMO.

1. Download UNetbootin from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unetbootin/files/UNetbootin/575/unetbootin-windows-575.exe/download

2. Download a BAMT ISO from here:
http://bamter.org/download.html

3. Run the UNetbootin EXE, select diskimage, ISO from the drop down & select your BAMT ISO (don't try and extract the ISO)

4. Select your USB drive in the drive dropdown and press ok. It'll do all the work for you.

5. Now restart your PC and enter your BIOS using DEL or F2 (or whatever key it is for your motherboard). You'll need to make sure USB is the top on your boot priority. Nice guide on this here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/bootorderchange_2.htm

6. After you've done that restart again and hopefully BAMT should boot.
donator
you got hacked bitch!
May 26, 2012, 02:12:53 PM
4gb Kingston DataTraveler G3

Have not tried any other linux distro but I have used these to install windows 7 on my other rigs and it boots juts fine to the installer.

It seems when I put BAMT on the drive, my mobo cannot see it.  So I figured something has to be wrong with my formatting or .. .fudge I dunno I am so stressed out lol
May 26, 2012, 02:11:12 PM
Have you tried to use it to boot any other Linux distro?

What make/model/size is the USB drive?
donator
you got hacked bitch!
May 26, 2012, 02:07:55 PM
I am still stuck.  Have formatted every way I can.  Have wiped the flash drive raw with windows manager.  Have done everything I can possibly think of and I just cannot get BAMT to boot from these flash drives.

Farthest I have got is the splash screen where its all fire and it says choose fail safe or regular blah blah then it crashes.

I cannot even get to that screen anymore.

Tried it on many different machines, so it has to be something with my flash drive.

Tried multiple different BAMT image files.  Versions 4 and 5.

I have about 10 of the same flash drive.  I know these work with linux.  I am a linux n00b ... just need help.

5 BTC to winning answer.
Pages:
Jump to: