Pages:
Author

Topic: 5 BTC Reward**** Blockchain.info Alias Identifier - page 2. (Read 848 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 5297
Self-proclaimed Genius
Depends on what info they will ask, what matters the most is the alias.
But I don't get why a web archive of the login page can be a "solid evidence" since logging using the alias in the achieved page wont work.
Anyways, since the "Forgot Identifier" page archive is still saved, I saw an instruction there that may be (hopefully) relevant until today:

Quote from: forgot-identifier
If you don't have an email associated with your account please
contact us (Support Desk) with any information you can provide including Skype
username, Google Talk username, secret phrase or alias.
(Basically the same as post#3)
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
At the time Blockchain.info did not require an email address or any other type of identifying info. Blockchain.info used an alias identifier to recover the wallet ID
Don't they have a support? I mean, if you remember your alias identifier and password you can send them a message. I don't think that email would matter that much. If you successfully get your bitcoins back, which is difficult since these guys know what you have, don't dare to leave them 5 whole bitcoins.  Tongue

I went back in 2013, yep they had that option back then:

If you get the chance to talk to the support, show them this.
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 10424
Ah! yes you are correct. I did not have the encryption in mind. However, should we be surprised if years ago they did not use this encryption?
Blockchain.info has always been pretty bad but I don't think they were this bad!
The site should be saving the "hash of the password" not the password or encrypted password. Basically how it works is that the user enters their password in their browser, the browser creates the hash of it and sends that hash to the site where it is compared with their stored hash. If it matches it signs in and sends back the encrypted wallet then the user in their browser uses the password to decrypt the wallet using AES.
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
It's still risky because he has to trust the guy in the customer service for this. The best shot for him is by any chance if he has the 12/24 word seed then he can restore the wallet using Electrum. But he has to have the seed.
The old version seeds aren't BIP39 compliant.
All he can do with it (if he has a backup) is to use the legacy recovery page "forgot password" to get his (missing) wallet ID.

Even if it's years ago, as the quoted email said, their customer service may help if you can provide enough proof of ownership (minus the password).
But what kind of proof does OP have? Does list of bitcoin address and rough date when the wallet is created/last serve as valid proof?
Some people were asked for wallet creation date, known used IP address(es) which IMO, not enough proof.
But since he'll just ask for the Wallet ID which is useless without the password, I guess blockchain(com) may consider.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
- Give them the identifier and last/first few characters of the password.

It doesn't make sense unless blockchain.com store user raw password
Ah! yes you are correct. I did not have the encryption in mind. However, should we be surprised if years ago they did not use this encryption?

Anyway, again the case is messed up and the only way I see is the seed. I really hope the OP has the seed and he is reading it.

PS: There is one thing, if the identifier was everything at that time then even giving it to a customer support guy is risky. Once it is exposed to the customer support guy then the guy already know the wallet information. It's like giving your seed to someone else. I can't imagine how a company like blockchain.com has this kind of security system.
legendary
Even if it's years ago, as the quoted email said, their customer service may help if you can provide enough proof of ownership (minus the password).

But what kind of proof does OP have? Does list of bitcoin address and rough date when the wallet is created/last serve as valid proof?

The case is messed up.
Mattgillum had the identifier and the password.

There could be one possibility to verify that he indeed is the owner of the identifier.

- Give them the identifier and last/first few characters of the password.

It's still risky because he has to trust the guy in the customer service for this. The best shot for him is by any chance if he has the 12/24 word seed then he can restore the wallet using Electrum. But he has to have the seed.
legendary
Two questions however first one is very important.

1. Have you ever saved a 12 word seed somewhere?
2. Do you have any address from that account.

If you have the 1st one then there is a hope for you. You can use these words and restore the using electrum but do not try it yourself if you do not know what you are doing. Careful about installing fake Electum.

The genuine version will be here always: https://electrum.org/#download
But still make sure you verify the downloaded Electrum exe file: https://bitcoinelectrum.com/how-to-verify-your-electrum-download/

Note: If you have the 12 word seed then do not share it with anyone. Your wallet will be compromised then and your coins will be stolen.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I still remember my alias identifier and my password.
Matt
It is true that Blockchain.info have gone through so many updates, upgrades and developments. they bought .com domain and shifted there. they started supporting ethereum and some other altcoins.

but the main thing is it stilll logs in with Identifier and password. if you remember these 2 things then why don't you just use them to login?

let me know what is your problem exactly? do you have the 12 words recovery phrase?

you can ping me on telegram @atrizbtc we can try to figure it out together.
Activity: 43
Merit: 2
Wow, hope you can recover! I wish you good luck. Somehow I feel like I'm giving this info for free. Oh well, helping is kind.

I had the same issue a few years back. You mean you formerly had to login at http://blockchain.info/wallet/aliasgoeshere? And when you got there you had to enter a password correct? If that is the case, I believe you can easily recover the wallet because that was my issue. I had no email attached and so was stuck. The problem is that now you must login using the identifier, rather than an alias... and you don't know the identifier? Well, it is pretty easy so if this works, can you at least throw me something? It worked for me.

All you need to do is send a request via the page below. If you send them the alias, they will supply you with the identifier. If any of the account has any details in it, you may need to provide proof that it is you. A fantastic proof of ownership is the transaction id of any of the transactions you did or a wallet address. I assume you have some piece of info that can prove it is your alias. BE SURE to mention that you have the password (but obviously do not give it) That's all I had. The alias, the password, and a wallet address that I received coin through. Within a day or so, I got an email reply saying the account identifier for this alias is xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxx and from that I was easily able to sign in with my password. Wishing you the best!

https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us

If it works, help a poor guy out!
1BbRGQ1yBE7Py5x5ni7DT4QKU65y5a6GK2

Was just thinking, at the time this happened to me, I had about 3 btc and was selling them for a few hundred each.  Damn.  IDIOT!
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
You didn't set an email?
Then it will be troublesome to restore since you can't request for a Wallet ID reminder, too bad that it's now functional (I've just tested it).
How about the (random number of words) recovery phrase?

Also, it seems like they'd set the aliases of no-email accounts as "insecure" years ago: /index.php?topic=305625.msg3275271#msg3275271
Activity: 11
Merit: 2
Hi Matt,

Wow such treasure there. I have no much idea to reach old version, does you try downloading blockchain with old version to recovery.
Or does you trying reach support blockchain to solve it?
Unfortunately security blockchain was changed to required 2fa email to allowed login.
So best suggest is, take a support blockchain might they could help you.

Goodluck!
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello All,

So I created a wallet in 2013 on blockchain.info which I deposited 100 BTC into. At the time Blockchain.info did not require an email address or any other type of identifying info. Blockchain.info used an alias identifier to recover the wallet ID. I was gone for 7 years and when I returned blockchain.info is now blockchain.com and noone there seems to know anything about an alias identifier. I still remember my alias identifier and my password. I am offering a 5 BTC reward (assuming I can find the missing BTC) for anyone who can help me obtain the wallet identifier.

Matt
Pages:
Jump to: