Pages:
Author

Topic: 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Cold Showers - page 2. (Read 1364 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
January 10, 2015, 11:09:30 PM
I half-thought only psychopaths took cold showers. Even the thought of it makes me uneasy. I think my nerves are too close to my skin.

The more you knowTM
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
January 10, 2015, 11:06:17 PM
There’s nothing like a warm shower when we want to relax or even warm up on a cold winter day. The idea of subjecting ourselves to cold showers can actually seem crazy at times given how luxurious it has become to enjoy hot showers. But the truth is a cold shower can provide a lot of benefits that you may want to consider.

1. Improves Immunity & Circulation

Running cold water over your body at the end of a shower can improve circulation as blood is sent throughout your arteries to surround your organs. It can be viewed in the same way we run certain systems at high performance every so often to keep it maintained and well oiled. Increased blood flow can also help certain skin and heart issues as well as lower blood pressure, help clear blocked arteries and improve our immune system.

2. Improves Hair and Skin Condition

Hot water can dry out your skin and hair. Of course, it doesn’t help that there are high levels of chlorine coming out of our showers which has a drying-out effect on skin and hair as well. If you can run your shower colder or finish cold at the end, it’s a natural way to keep your skin and hair from drying out as cold water tightens cuticles and pores. This helps to prevent natural oils on the scalp and skin to be stripped away so easily. By keeping a proper oil balance you will have soft, shiny natural looking hair. This also helps to keep the skin and scalp cleaner as well.

More...http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/01/no_author/take-a-cold-shower/

I had a doctor tell me that hot showers can also be good for you if you have nasal issues.  Another thing to consider is that you can get filters to remove the chlorine.  I'd rather go for a nice jog or run and have a filtered hot shower than freak out in a cold shower.  If you have poor water pressure the filters don't help though.  I'm hoping to replace my current water heater with an inline electric water heater and at that time hopefully add something that would help with the water pressure too.

Don't think I'll ever bring myself to cold showers though lol
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
January 10, 2015, 07:57:52 PM
There’s nothing like a warm shower when we want to relax or even warm up on a cold winter day. The idea of subjecting ourselves to cold showers can actually seem crazy at times given how luxurious it has become to enjoy hot showers. But the truth is a cold shower can provide a lot of benefits that you may want to consider.

1. Improves Immunity & Circulation

Running cold water over your body at the end of a shower can improve circulation as blood is sent throughout your arteries to surround your organs. It can be viewed in the same way we run certain systems at high performance every so often to keep it maintained and well oiled. Increased blood flow can also help certain skin and heart issues as well as lower blood pressure, help clear blocked arteries and improve our immune system.

2. Improves Hair and Skin Condition

Hot water can dry out your skin and hair. Of course, it doesn’t help that there are high levels of chlorine coming out of our showers which has a drying-out effect on skin and hair as well. If you can run your shower colder or finish cold at the end, it’s a natural way to keep your skin and hair from drying out as cold water tightens cuticles and pores. This helps to prevent natural oils on the scalp and skin to be stripped away so easily. By keeping a proper oil balance you will have soft, shiny natural looking hair. This also helps to keep the skin and scalp cleaner as well.

More...http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/01/no_author/take-a-cold-shower/
Pages:
Jump to: