Pages:
Author

Topic: $500 bitcoin by mid-July - page 2. (Read 5117 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish
April 20, 2013, 08:38:01 PM
By the way, seems silver will go really down, maybe to 15$ an ounce... this year. Which might shake the stocks as well.

If there is any widespread deflationary event, then watch Bitcoin (99.5% speculative capital) crash and burn.

This is something that is so very obvious and with a high likelihood of occurring in the near future, yet nobody here seems to want to even consider the issue.

ya probably but tell that to the hundreds of peole that are now hundred thousand airs or > because they spent a hundred-onethousand on bitcoins. ya its a risk but big reward. if you dont like bit coin than don't buy any bitcoins. if your board go watch a movie. if you want to troll than i guess keep on doing what your doing.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2013, 08:34:32 PM
There cannot be any deflation. The printing presses are running like never before.

LOL!

Do you really think it is that simple?

Stop getting your economics advice from internet conspiracy gooks

They've been right on the money so far. Do you ignore the global news that has been happening the last 5 years? We're not in the year 2000 anymore.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
April 20, 2013, 08:16:55 PM
There cannot be any deflation. The printing presses are running like never before.

LOL!

Stop getting your economics advice from internet conspiracy gooks and realise that the global economy is screaming out to have a deflationary crash, which is being postponed due to central bank printing. And where is all this new 'printed money' going? Is it going to Main Street, have your wages suddenly tripled in nominal terms thanks to all the new dosh floating around the economy which has also pushed up the price of bread, milk, transportation costs 3-4 times? The answer is of course no! This money for the most part has not went into the economy of real things but is being used to prop the balance sheets of otherwise insolvent financial institutions/entities, essentially allowing the multi-billionaire financial class who are invested in and ultimately control these institutions to claw 'value' back which would otherwise have gone up in smoke back in 2008. Thus allowing the elite parasite class to continue with their mass theft of wealth whilst passing on the short term costs onto the tax payer. Think of it a bit like a tradesman who knows he is going out of business, buying himself a bit of time to shift all his valuable and seizeable assets out of the reach of the receivers, before being foreclosed on.

Whilst the reality is that ultimately, this will all end in hyperinflation as this us the only way the US has to deal with the astronomical debt without the US government defaulting, which just isn't going to be allowed to happen. What major powers and creditors of the US such as China make of this is another matter. However, in between then and now, there will be serious deflationary events, which will destroy huge amounts of wealth, pushing the 99% further down into the poor house, before the central banks come to save us all with yet more money printing, (again shoring up balance sheets of insolvent/bankrupt institutions, allowing them to buy up all the assets at relative fire sale prices).

You've got this pretty much backward. It should be more like "The central bank printing is screaming out to have hyperinflation which is being postponed due to a global economy that would otherwise cause a deflationary crash."
Activity: 840
April 20, 2013, 08:16:18 PM
So you're saying that if a major, world-wide store of value (silver) crashes and burns; bitcoin - another, but appreciating, store of value - will plummet as well?
Interesting.

No smart arse.

I am saying that if there is another widespread deflationary event, that Bitcoin will crash and burn. Of course, so will everything else but Bitcoin will top the list by a long way.

What happens in just a single market isn't greatly relevant, especially not markets as controlled and manipulated (and therefore markets that defy all rules of logic) as the PM markets.
Activity: 133
April 20, 2013, 08:03:56 PM
Whilst the reality is that ultimately, this will all end in hyperinflation as this us the only way the US has to deal with the astronomical debt without the US government defaulting, which just isn't going to be allowed to happen. What major powers and creditors of the US such as China make of this is another matter.

China is moving out of this game, reducing the investment in USD by having more different currencies. This is already annoying the US government a lot.
But if you invest in the stock market, is only smart move to diversify the basket of stocks so China is doing the right thing.

Let's see next 6 months.
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
April 20, 2013, 08:03:45 PM
- more European economic problems, Cyprus-like: Spain, Portugal, Greece.

I think this is a given. The EU is a failed experiment and is falling apart. The only question is when the next implosion will hit.

Given that many other countries, e.g. Canada and Switzerland, have either already enacted or have legislation in front of them now for "bail-in" thefts from people's bank accounts, it's probably a safe assumption that we'll see more thefts by the bankers to prop up their criminality. This will have further devastating effects on central bank fiat currency, and drive people into hard assets that are not so easily subject to confiscation.

However, there are significant market manipulations going on that have affected assets like gold/silver in ways opposite to what one would expect from current news and events. The question there is whether or not the manipulations can continue indefinitely or how long they can suppress asset prices.

With the acceleration of the decay of the EU, I don't think it will be long before we see another major crisis. Japan is debasing its currency, which is just one more indication that the rot is worldwide, and not limited to the EU. The recent reports of Chinese municipality debt also indicates the rot is inside the BRICs countries. Not good for them. But it will be good for bitcoin! Tongue
April 20, 2013, 07:52:51 PM

LOL!

Stop getting your economics advice from internet conspiracy gooks and realise that the global economy is screaming out to have a deflationary crash, which is being postponed due to central bank printing. And where is all this new 'printed money' going? Is it going to Main Street, have your wages suddenly tripled in nominal terms thanks to all the new dosh floating around the economy which has also pushed up the price of bread, milk, transportation costs 3-4 times? The answer is of course no! This money for the most part has not went into the economy of real things but is being used to prop the balance sheets of otherwise insolvent financial institutions/entities, essentially allowing the multi-billionaire financial class who are invested in and ultimately control these institutions to claw 'value' back which would otherwise have gone up in smoke back in 2008. Thus allowing the elite parasite class to continue with their mass theft of wealth whilst passing on the short term costs onto the tax payer. Think of it a bit like a tradesman who knows he is going out of business, buying himself a bit of time to shift all his valuable and seizeable assets out of the reach of the receivers, before being foreclosed on.

Whilst the reality is that ultimately, this will all end in hyperinflation as this us the only way the US has to deal with the astronomical debt without the US government defaulting, which just isn't going to be allowed to happen. What major powers and creditors of the US such as China make of this is another matter. However, in between then and now, there will be serious deflationary events, which will destroy huge amounts of wealth, pushing the 99% further down into the poor house, before the central banks come to save us all with yet more money printing, (again shoring up balance sheets of insolvent/bankrupt institutions, allowing them to buy up all the assets at relative fire sale prices).

Activity: 133
April 20, 2013, 07:30:58 PM
Brave call, I'm slightly concerned this bull move could be a dead cat bounce in which price may end up nearer $50 than $500

I wish... LOL

then I would but back all the coins I sold and many more... Wink
I'm not going to buy anything over $100,  may end up losing lots of money.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
April 20, 2013, 07:04:14 PM
A new bubble can happen now (next weeks) or after a few more years. Not in July.

Once the euphoria and the media frenzy dies off, there are no more dumb money entering the system, so a long term bear market will follow.

For self-sustained 500$ you really need massive visibility, greed and willful ignorance from many people; so something massive must happen now to reignite the bubble, or never.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
April 20, 2013, 06:55:12 PM
What we need is to price to recover to a new all time high. That way we would be half way there, plus the media coverage about some bitcoin project that resurrected after 80% drop in xx days Cheesy

Exactly. I'd add, slowly, sanely recover. Then maybe rally to 500s
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
April 20, 2013, 06:48:20 PM
What we need is to price to recover to a new all time high. That way we would be half way there, plus the media coverage about some bitcoin project that resurrected after 80% drop in xx days Cheesy
legendary
April 20, 2013, 06:43:52 PM
By the way, seems silver will go really down, maybe to 15$ an ounce... this year. Which might shake the stocks as well.

If there is any widespread deflationary event, then watch Bitcoin (99.5% speculative capital) crash and burn.

This is something that is so very obvious and with a high likelihood of occurring in the near future, yet nobody here seems to want to even consider the issue.

Bitcoin at any lower than $5 will trigger the geeks to buy. Now it's more widespread than ever so it won't be like 2011. Any geek wants at least 2 coins
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061
April 20, 2013, 06:35:48 PM
Brave call, I'm slightly concerned this bull move could be a dead cat bounce in which price may end up nearer $50 than $500
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
April 20, 2013, 06:35:13 PM

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 20, 2013, 06:35:01 PM

So you're saying that if a major, world-wide store of value (silver) crashes and burns; bitcoin - another, but appreciating, store of value - will plummet as well?

Interesting.
April 20, 2013, 06:31:16 PM

legendary
April 20, 2013, 06:24:14 PM
April 20, 2013, 05:27:01 PM
56 days until then.

What kind of power, action or event would be needed for that?

- more European economic problems, Cyprus-like: Spain, Portugal, Greece.
- more mainstream news about bitcoin
- more big "investors"
- more options to buy with, exchanges, apps, games etc

This reminds me of all the $500 Silver proclamations from way back in 2008. What, with silver's mass of industrial uses for which their is no alternative metal (except for gold), and the fact that available Silver has become rarer than available gold, it all sounded well n good in theory. Never quite got their though did it. Peaking at $50 in a parabolic rise mid 2011, and now sitting at around $23.

Seems that all the complexities of the real market place combined with the activities of those who seek to control the whole system, render the 1+1=2 'crusoe economics' totally futile as a means of predicting the future.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
April 20, 2013, 04:33:50 PM
Brave! Very brave
legendary
April 20, 2013, 03:59:48 PM
I remember in 2011 many said that bitcoin is doomed. As long as my friend Toby from US will still mine (he said he will do it just to his heat home and give me coins for a beer if price drops lower than parity) and as long as me and my other friend Mike will use BTC as whatever price to settle debt or pay each other, you can crash bitcoin hard, cause we will crawl.

Pages:
Jump to: