Pages:
Author

Topic: 50/50 Bitcoin Raffle - tickets are 0.01 BTC - (50% to winner / 50% to charity) (Read 2537 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
BitcoinRaffle.co
Whoever is sending fractional payments (0.001, 0.005) to the current raffle address.... ummmm, thanks for donating to the prize pool.  I guess.   Undecided
BitcoinRaffle.co
For everyone that thought .10 was too expensive and for those that think .01 is taking too long, maybe the next raffle should be .05 Wink

Yeah, it's a little depressing.  I got a shitload of emails during the first raffle saying 0.10 was way too expensive.  Maybe I'll give away free tickets next time.  \_(o.O)_/
Activity: 108
For everyone that thought .10 was too expensive and for those that think .01 is taking too long, maybe the next raffle should be .05 Wink
BitcoinRaffle.co
There are 1446 tickets left in the 50/50 raffle (0.01 BTC per ticket).  Winner walks away with at least 10 BTC and another 10 BTC goes to the winner's favorite charity.

BitcoinRaffle.co
A special thanks goes out to Spend Bitcoins for agreeing to help out by providing unique Bitcoin addresses for donations to charities that do not currently accept Bitcoin.  (Thanks Jeremy!)   Winners, and everyone else, will be able to verify their donation (50% of the prize pool) was sent to the correct address.  So, if you don't see your favorite charity listed at BitcoinsForCharity.org, you will still be able to donate to them! You just need to tell me the name of the charity.

Lots more tickets left in the current drawing!
BitcoinRaffle.co
Lots more tickets left in the 50/50 charity raffle!

BitcoinRaffle.co
Hey guys,

The first raffle was a big success.  A huge thanks to everyone who bought a ticket!

I decided to try something a little different this time.  A new raffle is now open.  This one is a 50/50 raffle with 50% of the prize going directly to the winner and 50% going to a charity of the winner's choice.  Until I can set up a system to allow easy verification of payment, the winner will be asked to choose from a charity or non-profit that already accepts Bitcoin like the ones listed here: http://bitcoinsforcharity.org/charities

The total prize will be at least 20 BTC (10 BTC for the winner and 10 BTC for charity).  The ticket price has been lowered to just 0.01 for this raffle, so it will end after 2000 tickets have been sold.

Good luck!
donator
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
you got hacked bitch!
BitcoinRaffle.co
Payment was just sent to the first winner  Grin

donator
you got hacked bitch!
Keep buying guys!  This is rad!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
PS, if you put some google adsense or something on your page that paid per impression, I would have generated some income for you. 
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I bought two tickets a week ago and have been refreshing the page EVERY DAY waiting for more tickets to be purchased.  Glad to see that someone finally kicked in the other 6 bitcoins.
Activity: 26
Looks very cool, am definitely going to try and remember to get in on this when I get home today, hopefully the jackpot continues to grow.
BitcoinRaffle.co
The first drawing will end tonight at midnight UTC!

101 tickets have been sold so far, which means the prize is 10.1 BTC.  You can still still get in on the action if you purchase a ticket before midnight. 

The Daily3 mid-day Michigan lottery numbers are: 360

http://www.michiganlottery.com/
Activity: 15
BitcoinRaffle.co
Okay so if I buy all 62 tickets right now ... can you end the raffle?  I have a pretty good shot at winning lol

To: RAFFLE -- 1Hxjf7yzS8C5obUBcVKxFNSFVCeaVhmTeA
Debit: -6.20 BTC
Transaction ID: 38ed471583e4ba3b9c161b50f4cb979a14877865a226055d59cc5d9ffc999127

Yeah... something tells me you have a pretty good chance =)

The countdown clock is started on the site now.  People have approximately 9 hours left to purchase tickets if they want to.  (The prize increases by 0.10 BTC for every additional ticket sold)

donator
you got hacked bitch!
Okay so if I buy all 62 tickets right now ... can you end the raffle?  I have a pretty good shot at winning lol

Lets hope I win!  If I don't, I am never gambling again LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 5/22/2012 00:05
To: RAFFLE -- 1Hxjf7yzS8C5obUBcVKxFNSFVCeaVhmTeA
Debit: -6.20 BTC
Transaction fee: -0.0005 BTC
Net amount: -6.2005 BTC
Transaction ID: 38ed471583e4ba3b9c161b50f4cb979a14877865a226055d59cc5d9ffc999127
BitcoinRaffle.co
Only 62 tickets left at 0.10 BTC each!

BitcoinRaffle.co
Your sendto address is a hyperlink that jumps you to the blockchain.info  This makes it inconvenient for us copy&paste people.  Not a big deal.  Hurry up everyone, I've got that 35th ticket already spent Wink

Thanks for the feedback.  I changed it a bit to make the address more obvious and easier to copy & paste.
Pages:
Jump to: