Pages:
Author

Topic: 5.5GH ETH Man Mining Shed needs de-humidification - Please provide suggestions! - page 4. (Read 4810 times)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
The old man and I collaborated and came up a plan to keep the S9s and L3+s quiet. The first S9 arrived and is in the shed already, but not in a permanent location. Wow, i knew they were loud, but i did not expect to be able to hear them in the house. Angry I can't imagine what 15-16 will sound like.

Air will continue to be sucked from the underside of the shed. We are building an "AntMuffler" © in the unused half of the shed. What we have is an air inlet on the north side (right side in the drawing) of the shed near the electrical panel. There are 3 baffles on the intake of the fans and 3 on the discharge side. Each baffle will be made of 3/4" plywood with 2" of industrial soundproof foam. This should ensure that we can't hear the trains whistle. I don't want the neighbors to complain Shocked

The baffles are positioned such that it will be very difficult for sound to escape. Air will be discharged on the South side. The fans should be more than able to keep up with the 15 Antminers.  If not, we have room for a third. Smiley

First trip to home depot, a batch of 2x4s.

We cleared out all the stuff.

Some modifications to the grating need to be made. The design for quiet box is a little too wide and would need to be built on top of the grating. This would block some air flow and make the grating impossible to remove. I still want to be able to remove them if needed. A compromise was made. So we are cutting away three sections to install some 2x4 mounts.

Last pic for today. You can see the mounted elevated 2x4 which allows the grating to be slid in and out.

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
As an electritian based in Europe im always freaked and scared out of my mind about your electrical work when i see pictures. The 110v thing is just retarded.  Grin Huh Grin
What you have in actuality is a giant computer case in your backyard.  The airflow through the floor grating is brilliant.  When time permits, you should set up a desk, chair and monitor and take a pic next to the world's biggest home (yard) computer.

Ha ha!  Grin

i will recommend you to check yun9999 thread of his garage farm
it is lovely and you can implement a few ideas in your farm too
link https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/data-center-mining-garage-and-man-mining-cave-1761303

I think I looked at every picture in his threads, I need to buy that man a beer one day as the inspiration for this project was largely due to his posts. We were debating on going with a rental space, but we figured that we would save money in the long term by building in my backyard. It was around 13k for the elec and trenching and 3k for the shed. At 1200/mo rent for a place nearby, the shed would pay for itself in a year (not to mention the tax incentives I have been pondering).

A rental space is likely in the future as we grow. The shed is a mere stepping stone!

I am surprised the neighbors don't complain about the noise, or have they?
Don't give out the info where you live or brag to much about it.
I would also setup a security service on this.
Have you added this to your home owners policy yet? Say your running seti Wink

Shed was HoA approved, and no complaints. I have been wondering about insurance, that is a great idea!
Awesome hut, what power supply line do you have feeding the shed ?

This was the real issue! Previously, we had 100A service to the house. We wanted dedicated 400A service to the shed along with a new meter. However, the transformer in the neighbor's yard did not have enough connections. We went back and forth with Centerpoint Energy and the only thing we could get was as follows:

New underground 400A service from the Transformer to the house, terminated to a new 320A meter can (80% load). From there the load is split between the home (still 100A) and shed (225A). The cable that feeds the shed is the same size as the one feeding the house (capable of 400A) but the panel they installed is only rated for a certain size. I may have him come back out once I have some ASICs pulling more juice to see what other options we have.

Back of the shed.

The trench, which the signs of the digging have all but disappeared.

You may not be able to tell, but that is 20 inches down.

The ethernet conduit (2 runs of shielded gigabit).

The power distribution. The center panel is the original 100A panel.

The cable

Activity: 585
Merit: 110
what about insects crawling from underneath the ground?
what about when it rains?
it is pretty sick setup and everything looks great

This is a minor issue, but I have plans to put some screens underneath the grading to filter the air. Also, going to put some chicken wire or something around the border of the shed to prevent any critters from getting under there.

Rain is not an issue, we survived Hurricane Harvey just fine! However, I was a bit worried and dismantled the rigs on the bottom shelf as a precaution. That was stressful!

i will recommend you to check yun9999 thread of his garage farm
it is lovely and you can implement a few ideas in your farm too
link https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/data-center-mining-garage-and-man-mining-cave-1761303
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Awesome hut, what power supply line do you have feeding the shed ?
Activity: 403
Merit: 101
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I am surprised the neighbors don't complain about the noise, or have they?
Don't give out the info where you live or brag to much about it.
I would also setup a security service on this.
Have you added this to your home owners policy yet? Say your running seti Wink
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
I didn't think the metal carport t hing would work with the small backyard.  Insulation and airflow will be the best solution.  If heat does become an issue you can always underclock your cards on hot days if need be.  Being vigilant is key.  Seriously though, nice job!

What you have in actuality is a giant computer case in your backyard.  The airflow through the floor grating is brilliant.  When time permits, you should set up a desk, chair and monitor and take a pic next to the world's biggest home (yard) computer.

This is a minor issue, but I have plans to put some screens underneath the grading to filter the air. Also, going to put some chicken wire or something around the border of the shed to prevent any critters from getting under there.

Rain is not an issue, we survived Hurricane Harvey just fine! However, I was a bit worried and dismantled the rigs on the bottom shelves as a precaution. That was stressful!
Activity: 206
Nice garden's hut.
Thanks for sharing

But how do you protect it from thieves ?

You got approx 20k$ in it, which can be stolen in few minutes.

Perhaps you live in a nice country but in mine, even 10$ garden sculptures could be stolen !
Activity: 585
Merit: 110
Nice setup! Could you please share more about the ventilation and cooling plan!

Sure: Here is the vision. Since the center of the shed is open (industrial steel grating), air goes where the fan exhausts it. So, first, need better fans to go exhaust the heat generated by s9s and L3+s, which in turn blows outside. Just like on the Eth rigs side, but less dense of course.

If we are happy with the fans, I will replace the fans in the Rig side of shed. See the ghetto pic:

Activity: 336
Take red plastic pieces off to increase airflow
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
Nice setup! Could you please share more about the ventilation and cooling plan!
celing exhuast fans 1500  cfm x 3 or wall mounted take care of all your heat
exhaust issues, I have six in my build and with 150gpus i only have to turn on one

Unfortunately my HOA has strict rules about the height of sheds, must be no more than 8 feet above grade, and I am right there.

I am in awe. Can you put a metal roof/siding, spaced out from the structure, to shield it from the sun?  Kind of like a pre-fab carport?  It would look like shit but it would keep the sun off your shed.

Ha ha! OMG no... Shocked I just need to put the insulation on that part and change fans...too busy now with classes, and the temp outside has dropped. So, during Thanksgiving break, I have a lot of shit to do! Trying to prepare now.

Only code violation I see is the romex is not run in the studs and does not have conduit. I also believe the outlet right by the panel is required to be a GFCI.

But it looks good to me

Oh, i'm sure its fine in the U.S. I'm envious as we would have to get an electrician at about $120 per hour + material to wire that up for electrical and data, then bury the conduit between house and shed. Has to be 700mm down in orange conduit I believe.

All the electrical work was done by a master electrician. The Ethernet cables were run by me, zip ties and all  Cool
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
celing exhuast fans 1500  cfm x 3 or wall mounted take care of all your heat
exhaust issues, I have six in my build and with 150gpus i only have to turn on one
Merit: 252
Until the end
  I am in awe. Can you put a metal roof/siding, spaced out from the structure, to shield it from the sun?  Kind of like a pre-fab carport?  It would look like shit but it would keep the sun off your shed.

Activity: 306
Merit: 251
Only code violation I see is the romex is not run in the studs and does not have conduit. I also believe the outlet right by the panel is required to be a GFCI.

But it looks good to me

Oh, i'm sure its fine in the U.S. I'm envious as we would have to get an electrician at about $120 per hour + material to wire that up for electrical and data, then bury the conduit between house and shed. Has to be 700mm down in orange conduit I believe.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251

But it looks good to me
Pages:
Jump to: