Pages:
Author

Topic: 5830 x 4 Mining Rig, When to call it quits? - page 3. (Read 9289 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
"When to quit mining" -- that's a personal decision.

How much money would you have to earn to make mining worth it?

It's not a silent cash cube that spits out dollar bills every so many hours. It's a noisy, hot PC that has periodic problems (overheating, etc.) and needs regular check-ups/maintenance (cleaning the fans that run 24/7 before your PC is choked with dust)

You need to make sure the miners are always running, etc.

And of course you have to worry about selling the BTC, and turning it into something you can use/spend.

And you ARE taking the full attention (as in, 100%) of a $500 PC running 24/7 to get $X per week. You can't play games on it, for example.

Yes, altogether it's not that big of a deal, but it might be considered "not worth it" if, say, you were only making $10/week. Others might go through all that for $5/week -- it depends on the person.
Activity: 672
Merit: 258
https://cryptassist.io
around 4 million difficulty with no further price increase is my cutoff point.

But I'll continue to mine through the winter even if we surpass that since I need the heat.  Next summer I will shut down.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
simple....when your electricity bills come to more than you're mining !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Your still making good profit, but your hardware will be worthless if you wait esp 5830s b.c they have no use besides mining, gamers are not buying them...

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Hey guys, I've been mining 24x7 for the last month and a half at about ~ 1207.00 MH/s with 4 x5830's and an 850Watt Supply.  My power cost here is 8.5 cents/kWh.  With these inevitable complexity increases when do you think I should call it quits?
Pages:
Jump to: