Pages:
Author

Topic: 5850 don't produce BTCs fast enough anymore. 1BTC/~144hours.. - page 2. (Read 3603 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Need to know the rest of your setup before I can say whether you will need a new psu. How many fans? What kind of cpu? cpu overclocked? How many hard drives? Also keep in mind every time difficulty increases, you need to DOUBLE your current hashing power to take as minimal loss as possible. Pretty soon difficulty will be reaching levels that will make for hard times and tough decisions. Can you afford to keep doubling your hashing power with each difficulty increase? Will it be worth it? If your living with your parents and they are paying for electricity, sooner or later they are going to notice that the electric bill is rising. These are factors you need to take into consideration.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
6990 will draw more electricity than the most efficient card there is for mining, the 5870! The 5850 should give you on moderate settings 300 MHash/sec not less! Buy a decent MoBo (with 4 PCIe Slots) and a 850 Watt PSU and you are golden again.

--
Free money never stays long with you, for me mining is contributing to a great idea; not making money.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Hi.

I'm not sure that this topic title is best possible? I've been happily mining with my HD 5850 (~280Mhash/s) and recently it's become really inefficient and produces 1BTC/~144hour.. With that "speed" i can't pay electric used in mining.

I was thinking that i might be able to upgrade my GPU for better. I do play games too, and this 5850 is been good gaming card for me too.

I have AXP 750W PSU and Asus M4A785TD-V EVO as my MOBO.

I don't change MOBO, but i think maybe i can change PSU if it's not powerful enough for GPU what is coming.

In here i need your expert help. What GPU you recommend for me? I've been thinking on getting 6990 (my local computer store sells it for 62€/month and 12months time to pay). But if i choose that card i have to get better PSU.

I hope that new GPU(s) are good for mining and gaming. If it's CrossFire setup i don't need dummy adapter as i have monitor(DVI) and projector(VGA and it's hooked with adapter).
Pages:
Jump to: