Pages:
Author

Topic: 5970 power related questions. turns into mining question - page 2. (Read 2767 times)

copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
ok, i just needed to know i havent messed up the gpu with low powered psu. the fan spins and even gets hot, but is not used by the system atall, not in system settings. dont think i can afford a 1.2kw psu, but i know what your saying, a little more never hurts.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
Seems to be the underpowered PSU that's the problem. Go for a Gold rated, as high wattage as you can go PSU, preferably from antec. I personally use 1200w psu's regardless on how much GPU's I load in my systems.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
hi all, hope your all good, alot of people ask aboout psu for what card, and i know its much more than wattage, it's amp's, rails, good capasiters and such, i'm trying to get me 5970 in a barebones system mining for me, the problem is i have 2 psu's both 34A, one is 500w one is 550w, but some sites say i need 50A to power this beast, getting another one isnt a prob but i need to make sure before i choose one, there are antec, xfx, ocz that are available near me.

the other question related to this, is when i try the psu's i have, it boots up using on board graphics, (i have monitor plugged into card, but when no display i try others) is this because of underpowered psu or do i have a bigger problem.

I need to know as soon as poss (or things to try) as i am looking to get a psu later today. time is money LOL

Pages:
Jump to: