Pages:
Author

Topic: $5k on hand. Where to invest? - page 3. (Read 1926 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
October 15, 2017, 08:01:39 PM
invest 40% in bitcoin and the rest in altcoins NEO, Waves,ETH
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
October 15, 2017, 08:00:31 PM
Let's say I had $5k I'm willing to invest in crypto.
Where would you put this money if you were to invest today?

Eth, Neo, Waves?...or just throw everything at BTC?

You should always hold some Bitcoins! Waves and Ethereum are good coins to invest some money for longterm. They will both rise up with bitcoin in the future!
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
October 15, 2017, 07:47:46 PM
btc is the only answer.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
October 15, 2017, 07:35:23 PM
Well the thing with Litecoin is, you will not see any profit unless you do a really long hold on it. And what I mean by long is it will take years until you see some serious profits. Litecoin is a coin that is pretty stable at its price right now so you will only see tidbits of profit from it.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
October 15, 2017, 07:29:58 PM
Thanks all, Apart from ERC20 Tokens are there any other Tokens which is available and I'm surprised  Litecoin hasn't been on anyone list!

Activity: 394
Merit: 105
October 15, 2017, 07:24:45 PM
I would only invest that money on serious projects like Ethereum, that has been making a great increase in the last few days, or monero, that recently had a dump and probably will go up again after the fork.
But there are some altcoins that are never going to recover, like waves, a lot of people are hyping it, but it is obviously a dead coin, i dont see any future for this one because it doesnt offer anything new to the market, and it is only being hyped by the community, but they are failing.

What's the problem with Waves?Do you want to create more FUD to buy cheaper?

Waves is a very promising project and undervalued at the moment.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
October 15, 2017, 06:00:52 PM
I would only invest that money on serious projects like Ethereum, that has been making a great increase in the last few days, or monero, that recently had a dump and probably will go up again after the fork.
But there are some altcoins that are never going to recover, like waves, a lot of people are hyping it, but it is obviously a dead coin, i dont see any future for this one because it doesnt offer anything new to the market, and it is only being hyped by the community, but they are failing.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
October 15, 2017, 05:56:06 PM
Dont pay attention to the other ones who replied before, they are advising you to invest in those altcoins that nobody knows, the only good ones from that list is Neo and Gas, but you need to hold more than $200k worth of neo to make a good revenue from Gas. If you want to make good profit, then you should only invest that money on bitcoin, everybody knows that this has been the only coin rising in the last months while altcoins were only going down.

I appreciate everyone's opinion and advice.  As a newbie myself though, this seemed like the most sensible and smart advise.  Thank you sir!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
October 15, 2017, 05:39:35 PM
Dont pay attention to the other ones who replied before, they are advising you to invest in those altcoins that nobody knows, the only good ones from that list is Neo and Gas, but you need to hold more than $200k worth of neo to make a good revenue from Gas. If you want to make good profit, then you should only invest that money on bitcoin, everybody knows that this has been the only coin rising in the last months while altcoins were only going down.
Activity: 686
October 15, 2017, 05:33:37 PM
Very nice thread because i have 8k too to invest !

Was thinking about OMG/STRAT/BTC/ ( i have already ETH).

I don't know KOMODO and WTC...will look it ! Thanks !
Look at XBY as well. When investing in my opinion we should diversify and definitely include the established ones. However disruptive technology should be in as well. We don´t know if they will deliver, but if they do It really gets huge. In this chapter of small coins with disruptive tech and small price i´m really excited about XTRABYTES, XBY.
Activity: 714
October 15, 2017, 05:23:43 PM

i think altcoins is the best to invest today because their prices are dropping therefore you can buy bulk cheaply, also bitcoin is a good choice if you want a stable and a long term investment but i wont suggest that you buy now because it is still high rather wait for some time or after the fork has been done for a posible dip in the price. investing in some promising ico's is a good alternative too , just make sure you know to choose and spot a legit one.
Activity: 144
Hello, i'm Nixeus :)
October 15, 2017, 05:17:12 PM
Very nice thread because i have 8k too to invest !

Was thinking about OMG/STRAT/BTC/ ( i have already ETH).

I don't know KOMODO and WTC...will look it ! Thanks !
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
October 15, 2017, 05:15:12 PM
Make sure to pick up some ETH, XMR and BTC

Those coins are a guaranteed gain and arn't going anywhere for years.
Same suggestion since these 3 coins would potentially give you future profits for sure but you would still need to wait for how many years and if you cant afford to wait then you can try some altcoins in the market too which i do suggest always choose up on those top coins in the marketcap because this is the thing what im doing. Usually just aim for those coins which do have a low total supply.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
October 15, 2017, 05:12:11 PM
Definitely buy Spectrecoin and Deep Onion.
If your looking for an ICO, I suggest electroneum, get an 11% bonus with the link below. You definitely should do your own research as these coins speak for themselves!
https://my.electroneum.com/join/2835EE
Activity: 280
October 15, 2017, 05:04:49 PM
Make sure to pick up some ETH, XMR and BTC

Those coins are a guaranteed gain and arn't going anywhere for years.
October 15, 2017, 04:30:38 PM
Would you guys recommend Ripple as investment, Even after research its tough to decide.
I think Ripple will make money to many people. I personally don´t touch it unless it´s for very short term daytrading. Why? Centralized coin, Made for banks, and useless. You dont need the token to use the service. So it´s just for speculative trading, no use.
October 15, 2017, 04:29:13 PM

Diversify. 5K are more than enough to get a fairly diverse portfolio. I would combine BTC ( bigger share) with good, well established alts of your personal choice, a little of smaller coins and a dividend sharing asset if your choices are bad and you get someone to trade for you:)
50% BTC; 30% XMR and LTC; 10% KMD and XBY; 10 % TAAS. Rough estimates and the choice of coins may vary as e have plenty of choices.
Activity: 266
October 15, 2017, 04:28:03 PM
It seems to me to invest all the money in bitcoin is too risky. I would divide your money between bitcoin, Ethereum, neo, waves, ltc and monero. This is a good coins that in my opinion should soon grow in value.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 15, 2017, 04:16:56 PM
Diverse your investment. 2.5k into BTC 500 into NEO/ETP/RPX/WTC/Request(or if you want to risk any trash coin that can 5-10x)
Activity: 406
Merit: 111
October 15, 2017, 03:50:24 PM
Would you guys recommend Ripple as investment, Even after research its tough to decide.

I won't touch Ripple ever, idc what happens. It's also a centralised coin. Some have faith in it but I think that banks rather develop their own blockchain and don't really care about Ripple. It's a nice idea but unless it gets used its just as useless as bunnycoin. Maybe they will have some succes with smaller and private banks though.
Pages:
Jump to: