Pages:
Author

Topic: $5million Airdrop Mistake from Coinnest - page 2. (Read 227 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 23, 2019, 07:06:41 PM
Of course, the exchange should compensate for these losses as it was precisely because of its mistakes that money was lost
This mistake is done by exchange but it is not ethic to ask funds back from airdrop participants. I am sure more than half of participants will not send back these amounts. Exchanges have to double check these type of transaction before confirming it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
January 23, 2019, 07:03:03 PM
Of course, the exchange should compensate for these losses as it was precisely because of its mistakes that money was lost
copper member
Activity: 224
January 23, 2019, 06:59:19 PM
Last year a local exchange send my btc order 2 times. And i was honest enough to pay them back. But they should work more carefully.

You are a good Samaritan then. Only two out of a hundred can do that. Exchanges should be more careful in transactions going in and out, that way this kind of thing will be averted.
copper member
Activity: 224
January 23, 2019, 06:57:43 PM
Korean exchange mistaken airdrops BTC instead of We Game tokens.  The loss is valued at over $5million.

As responsible crypto investors, especially with recent exchange hacks, we are responsible for protecting ourselves.  Is it right for Coinnest to ask for the BTC back?

https://cryptomenow.com/crypto-exchange-coinnest-loses-15-million-due-to-accidental-airdrop/

What? So sad. And many will be glad about this development. Asking for the mistaken funds won't be easy. If there's a way to lock it up in the accounts affected, better. But it will be very difficult just asking and getting the coins back.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 03:57:19 PM
what a weird mistake! I wish I received this airdrop) Another reason to think that crypto is about being lucky enough to be in a right place in a right time.
Hope obe day something similar will happen for me.
Activity: 756
Merit: 13
DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange
January 23, 2019, 03:47:47 PM
I think those who have received the airdrop should voluntarily return it back or refund the transaction as it will be unethical to keep it after the company have announced that it happened due to mistake, also all these exchanges need to come up with more professional attitude every other day we hear something negative from exchanges side and suddenly resulting in market crash. Exchanges should comeup with a fool proof system of administration in all its aspects otherwise they should not operate.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
January 23, 2019, 03:38:00 PM
Last year a local exchange send my btc order 2 times. And i was honest enough to pay them back. But they should work more carefully.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 02:54:11 PM
There was a glitch in the server that made the bitcoin airdrop happened instead of tokens. I think they have the right to ask to return the btc and replace them with tokens. Some traders already have cash in and some of them will not return it back. It's the fault of the exchange and with the server error happened, it's also possible they will get compromised anytime.
Activity: 42
Merit: 3
January 22, 2019, 01:28:46 PM
Korean exchange mistaken airdrops BTC instead of We Game tokens.  The loss is valued at over $5million.

As responsible crypto investors, especially with recent exchange hacks, we are responsible for protecting ourselves.  Is it right for Coinnest to ask for the BTC back?

https://cryptomenow.com/crypto-exchange-coinnest-loses-15-million-due-to-accidental-airdrop/
Pages:
Jump to: