Pages:
Author

Topic: $6 Billion gets wiped out the cryptocurrency market - page 2. (Read 332 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 253
I heard a news about,
$6 Billion gets wiped out of the market capitalization the cryptocurrencies between November 7th and November 9th 2018( within 48 hours).The valuation of this highly volatile market fell from $220 billion to $214 billion within this period.

So, what do you know about this, and what will happen to the price of the bitcoin ?

Well, as you can see there are no major effects in the price of Bitcoin about it and I know that bull run would start not long now. So be prepared.
Activity: 412
Merit: 3
This is just a drop in altcoin. This is very normal and is caused by the fact that MarketC's x can not get information from it, and MarketCom is very poor.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY
The figure is very low compared to January. But I have to say this is very normal in the crypto money market. In a few days it could increase to 100 M $ ...
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
it is a silly math that has no meaning when it comes to cryptocurrencies called market capitalization.

Exactly.

I can create an ERC-20 token with a 1 billion token supply. I can then sell a single token to my friend for $10. Boom, my project now has a market cap of $10 billion! I'm a billionaire!

Wait. My friend has just realised that my project is a scam. He sells my token to another friend for a single satoshi. My project is now only worth about $60,000, and just like that, the marketcap of cryptocurrency falls by just under $10 billion in a matter of seconds.

Marketcap is a poor metric to be tracking.
copper member
Activity: 644
Merit: 0
POINTPAY
I think This is the indication that bitcoin takeoff from here that the reason there are trying to create panic.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
So, what do you know about this, and what will happen to the price of the bitcoin ?

it has nothing to do with bitcoin price and that is not dollar that is being wiped out of the market. it is a silly math that has no meaning when it comes to cryptocurrencies called market capitalization.

there simply is a huge amount of altcoins available (supply) and when the price of them go down a tiny bit the result of multiplication (supply * price = market cap) changes a lot.
so the only thing that your number shows is that there are a lot of total supply available!
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I heard a news about,
$6 Billion gets wiped out of the market capitalization the cryptocurrencies between November 7th and November 9th 2018( within 48 hours).The valuation of this highly volatile market fell from $220 billion to $214 billion within this period.

Pages:
Jump to: