Pages:
Author

Topic: $6 today?! (Read 7968 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
January 18, 2012, 12:39:43 PM
I got my bitcoins, no better bargain than after a 45k selloff that took the price from 6.0 to 4.5 in seconds. Zhoutonged Bitcoins are mine now...
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
January 17, 2012, 07:08:27 PM
6.4 please

4.6 please

(not done stocking up yet, haha)

Someone got left behind by the rally train!  We have to go back for them!

seriously. i'm actually proud of you to have changed your position from bearish to bullish so quickly.  thats the sign of a good trader.  so many others refused to do so and now look at them...

Permabears are in deep shit right now, that's for sure.  I know people who shorted at $2, and when it went up they didn't cut their losses... oops.

i've always been long-term bullish.

previously, i was bullish and got excited whenever the price went up.

currently, i'm bullish, but want the price to go down (and stay down for 3 to 6 months while i inject more fiat)

you won't get that chance i promise you.

heh, just had to come back and quote this... only 4c away from those $4.60 coins Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1386
January 06, 2012, 09:05:48 PM
Personally, I think we need a new thread for $7.  Shocked  Grin

I think that the bear coalition,
headed by the prediction of S3052 (he says "short")
will hit 6 ($6.58 atm)

Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
January 06, 2012, 01:31:21 PM
Personally, I think we need a new thread for $7.  Shocked  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
January 06, 2012, 01:23:13 PM
Heh.  Time to resurrect this thread?
Wow. The major correction finally came - there goes my bubble theory. I guess it's good I didn't invest too much into the bubble buildup.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
January 06, 2012, 01:19:12 PM
Heh.  Time to resurrect this thread?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
January 05, 2012, 03:28:19 AM
how much btc do you bulls did eat in the 6$ range? i still see 25k btc at 7$, 200k volume in 24h ....
The amount traded overall throughout today is higher than the average, but there's been no 20k spikes or such, several lower buys (and sells). Buying 20k BTC now costs $150K+.

Here's the current 5-day volume, and in addition is the true range analysis, so you can see how much BTC value was eaten up by one buy or dump. You can see that the depth has been eaten up around the trading price by the increasing spreads.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
January 05, 2012, 03:26:05 AM
can you picture $7 in 30mins?

Not only can I picture it, I can profit from it Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
January 05, 2012, 03:25:22 AM
can you picture $7 in 30mins?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005
January 05, 2012, 01:49:34 AM
...as though you've suggested that a three-toed Martian leper stole all your hair follicles to build a living string instrument and you want them back.
I do rather like that choice of words.

It happened. He stole the pictures, too.
legendary
Activity: 1400
January 05, 2012, 01:48:08 AM
...as though you've suggested that a three-toed Martian leper stole all your hair follicles to build a living string instrument and you want them back.
I do rather like that choice of words.
legendary
January 05, 2012, 01:40:15 AM
And then bitcoin banks will form to keep everyone's bitcoins safe.  But now the banksters are the sysadmins and hackers that understand how the magical money machine works.

Banks may form as management concerns. Bitcoin's transparency effectively limits (even negates) the banking institutions' ability to simply make off with assets... eventually.

A major reason for the success of frauds that occurred during the bubble was that the Bitcoin community, although largely self-policing, didn't (and still doesn't) have enough social exposure and credibility to effect legal repercussions. If most people knew what a Bitcoin was, it would've easy to make the issue a police or court matter.

As it stands now, Bitcoin-related crimes are still met with a blank stare, as though you've suggested that a three-toed Martian leper stole all your hair follicles to build a living string instrument and you want them back.

Good point.
legendary
Activity: 1316
January 05, 2012, 01:38:41 AM
And then bitcoin banks will form to keep everyone's bitcoins safe.  But now the banksters are the sysadmins and hackers that understand how the magical money machine works.

Banks may form as management concerns. Bitcoin's transparency effectively limits (even negates) the banking institutions' ability to simply make off with assets... eventually.

A major reason for the success of frauds that occurred during the bubble was that the Bitcoin community, although largely self-policing, didn't (and still doesn't) have enough social exposure and credibility to effect legal repercussions. If most people knew what a Bitcoin was, it would've easy to make the issue a police or court matter.

As it stands now, Bitcoin-related crimes are still met with a blank stare, as though you've suggested that a three-toed Martian leper stole all your hair follicles to build a living string instrument and you want them back.
legendary
January 05, 2012, 01:00:36 AM

I'm sure we will see many scandals yet unfortunately.

Unfortunately, I agree. The split-key stuff can't get developed fast enough IMO. It won't prevent all scandals, but it will put a HUGE dent in the numbers when it gets used properly.

it won't get used properly.

just like gpg, truecrypt, dropbox, backups, safe deposit boxes, etc. don't get used properly.

Activity: 812
January 05, 2012, 12:59:06 AM

Unfortunately, I agree. The split-key stuff can't get developed fast enough IMO. It won't prevent all scandals, but it will put a HUGE dent in the numbers when it gets used properly.

it won't get used properly.

just like gpg, truecrypt, dropbox, backups, safe deposit boxes, etc. don't get used properly.
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
January 05, 2012, 12:55:58 AM

legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
January 05, 2012, 12:50:59 AM
The ask depth is looking a little scary right now.  I really hope it fills back in.

Scary for you Wink

Scary for a lot of people.  I'm worried that if we snowball into the same sort of behavior we saw last April through June we're likely to see the same sort of long term reversal.  I don't think the integrity of the project can handle that a second time.

You expecting another mtgox hack? Maybe another mybitcoin fiasco? Perhaps another allinvain theft or bitomat scandal?

No?

Ok then...

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
January 05, 2012, 12:49:36 AM
The ask depth is looking a little scary right now.  I really hope it fills back in.

Scary for you Wink

Scary for a lot of people.  I'm worried that if we snowball into the same sort of behavior we saw last April through June we're likely to see the same sort of long term reversal.  I don't think the integrity of the project can handle that a second time.

You expecting another mtgox hack? Maybe another mybitcoin fiasco? Perhaps another allinvain theft or bitomat scandal?

No?

Ok then...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 05, 2012, 12:25:41 AM
buyers are filling in.

woah, $3000 seller drop.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 05, 2012, 12:12:47 AM
a good patron @ 5.95 Smiley
Pages: