Pages:
Author

Topic: 6 x sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 4GB HYNIX - bios - page 2. (Read 6252 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Getting 29Mh/s @ 85W on Sapphire rx 580 nitro 4gb here.

85 w gpuz ? Or from the wall ?
GPU-Z or MSI, I doubt you can have less than 100W with AMD GPU.

Eth only, yes its possible (91w at the wall @ 27Mh/s here).  Could be above 27 but my elpida does not clock above 1850.

I set voltage to 831 @ 1090mhz in PBE. Lower it would hang while dual-mining.  

I have seen cards running bellow 800mv, so those consume even less than 90w at the wall.

edit: dual mining @ 1130/1850 831mv = 118w at the wall
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
90*c is good, right?
Hi,

I have a rig with 6 x rx580s that started mining at 24Mh out of the box. I experimented with the bios a little bit, got it down to 12, now it's back at 24 and I am a little depressed as I can't get more than that and I  tried for the last two days. I will appreciate all help, thanks.
You need to mod bios. Hynix s*cks it's very bad right now. You can find few good tutorials on youtube and lot of bad. Performance timings is the key. You should have at least 28Mh/s. PM me if you want timings or mod bios.

Agreed. I have a hynix card that will clock to the moon, and will do 32Mh/s but isn't stable for more than a few hrs.
It isn't even stable at stock settings, it will crash the driver about once a day....
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Any details on rom and under/over-clocking? Cheers!
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

GPU-Z or MSI, I doubt you can have less than 100W with AMD GPU.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
no. should i always reinstall after flashing bios?
Yes!
I didn't brick them. I was thinking replacing bios from USB would be more effective. I am not sure if it's necessary. I just don't know what to do as after flashing bios hashing dropped to 12Mh and then after loading the backup rom it remained at 12Mh. Everytime I reboot my computer my core and memory clock are on the lowest setting and I have to reset them in afterburn before mining. So I didn't really brick them but I am looking for a way to get them to the 'out of the box' state that would work for me.
Did you reinstall drivers after flashing the card?

no. should i always reinstall after flashing bios?
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
I didn't brick them. I was thinking replacing bios from USB would be more effective. I am not sure if it's necessary. I just don't know what to do as after flashing bios hashing dropped to 12Mh and then after loading the backup rom it remained at 12Mh. Everytime I reboot my computer my core and memory clock are on the lowest setting and I have to reset them in afterburn before mining. So I didn't really brick them but I am looking for a way to get them to the 'out of the box' state that would work for me.
Did you reinstall drivers after flashing the card?
Activity: 3
I am hoping to get more than that if possible Smiley cards are still pretty new to the market.

When I went down to 12 I then copied 1:1650 to 1:1750 and 1:2000 - resulting in coming back to 24Mh. I am thinking now about "unbricking" the cards with bootable USB and then copying the strips like I did previously. Has anyone has experience with 4gb hynix cards?
How did you brick your cards?

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
I am hoping to get more than that if possible Smiley cards are still pretty new to the market.

When I went down to 12 I then copied 1:1650 to 1:1750 and 1:2000 - resulting in coming back to 24Mh. I am thinking now about "unbricking" the cards with bootable USB and then copying the strips like I did previously. Has anyone has experience with 4gb hynix cards?
How did you brick your cards?

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Hi,

I have a rig with 6 x rx580s that started mining at 24Mh out of the box. I experimented with the bios a little bit, got it down to 12, now it's back at 24 and I am a little depressed as I can't get more than that and I  tried for the last two days. I will appreciate all help, thanks.
You need to mod bios. Hynix s*cks it's very bad right now. You can find few good tutorials on youtube and lot of bad. Performance timings is the key. You should have at least 28Mh/s. PM me if you want timings or mod bios.
Hi,

Pages:
Jump to: