Pages:
Author

Topic: 600,000 DOGE Stolen - Please Help - page 2. (Read 545 times)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 116
February 05, 2021, 06:15:06 PM
Sorry I can't help you, but this incident can be a lesson for you not to store coins in one wallet. And also use a hardware wallet so that the coins
you store are safer, then activate all the security features of your wallet. Moreover, the current price of Dogecoin is on the rise, making Dogecoin
a target for hackers. If you live in a country where cryptocurrency is legal, you can report it to the police for help tracking where your Dogecoin
was sent.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
February 05, 2021, 06:09:39 PM
In crypto, transactions are irreversible, so you can't recover it anymore.

If you like to know who stole it, you can start investigating on your own but like I said, you'll never get it back, unless you found the culprit and ordered him to return the stolen dogecoin, which I think 1% chances of happening.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
February 05, 2021, 05:56:23 PM
My wallet address is DQGye4CxaxG6JWW3J4XW8iStkhqR7WzpnN

Two amounts were sent to DSt3upFE1Z31SUx9vE3XzmYv9HkTYZWogF on 27/08/2020 1st one of -376.07930954, followed by -601372.35450604
It is really sad to hear your loss, the only option you can do right now is to contact all the exchanges providing the proof that you are the real owner of the address by signing a message from the wallet and inform that your coins were hacked and hopefully the exchanges could help you in getting your coins back. It is the only option you have right now.

Make sure you monitor the trail even if the hackers try to split up the coins in multiple wallets and hope for the best as the chances of getting it returned are slim but it is your only option.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
February 05, 2021, 05:43:06 PM
i'm sorry to heard about that,
but no one can help you my friend, because all transactions in blockchain are irreversiblle
wich mean its can be cancelled, except the thief will giving back to you the doge, but thats impossible
Activity: 854
Merit: 103
February 05, 2021, 05:08:13 PM
I wonder from which wallet the coins were stolen. And most notably, it was stolen when Doge was in the center of the action. This is very annoying in fact. All wallets promise security, but no one is insured to be in the victim's shoes. It remains only to sympathize to the author who lost such a large sum. Embarrassed
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 05, 2021, 02:39:25 PM
Hey,

I do have to go to work, so 24hrs is a reasonable time to reply...

It was a normal home PC which is connected to the internet when on. Windows 10.
Wallet was encrypted with a fairly weak password I guess.

Windows Anti virus and anti malware. Normal firewall with modem. Pretty sure it was accessed through the internet.

Can anyone run a trace so I can find out which exchange traded the coins?

I may engage a crypto PI if there is a lead.

Cheers,

600,000 doge at this current rate is $27,173.39 stolen so easily, if this home computer is access by you only then certainly from a malware in your computer,  in cases like this, it is hard to get your coins back because there is a probability the hacker traded the coins through dex and not cex, better you have it at the back of your mind that your coins are gone for good.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
February 05, 2021, 02:33:57 PM
I think that the amount is still large to just lose it. Have you tried to think, maybe someone else had access to your wallet? Although, of course, if the money has already gone, then nothing can be done.
Activity: 125
Merit: 4
February 05, 2021, 02:27:48 PM
It may be hard to remember but I think the first question to ask is who has had access to your pc? Did you get it repaired at all? Did you let a friend use it?

why would anyone want to write all those digits ?, twice.

the destination address uses the same method
https://dogechain.info/address/DSt3upFE1Z31SUx9vE3XzmYv9HkTYZWogF

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
February 05, 2021, 01:38:43 PM
It may be hard to remember but I think the first question to ask is who has had access to your pc? Did you get it repaired at all? Did you let a friend use it?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
February 05, 2021, 01:29:36 PM

Windows Anti virus and anti malware. Normal firewall with modem. Pretty sure it was accessed through the internet.

A lot of times such steals are inside job. So make sure to think also about that. Who had access to your computer. Not only in 2020. But also before. They could steal your private key in 2017 and then just withdraw last year, so would not look suspicious. 
Activity: 657
Merit: 102
February 05, 2021, 10:52:10 AM
I have many theories about your loss, but it doesn't seem like it will make you any money. But through this loss you can learn by yourself and protect your property properly, you should take the time to check the computer because I know many people use computers when participating in the field. In this area they are accidentally attacked by hackers for stealing information and that's awful if you have money.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
February 05, 2021, 10:05:37 AM
Hey,

I do have to go to work, so 24hrs is a reasonable time to reply...

Cheers,

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
February 05, 2021, 04:18:56 AM
What kind of secure environment was this PC inside?

Encrypted? Laptop? regular home PC?
What kind of firewall, antivirus etc?

Would be good to know what kind of risk this wallet was in to get accessed.
Someone had physical access or was it accessed through the internet?

If encrypted, how did they access it? Brute force?

all the good questions, but seems that we will not find out what happened, since OP made introduction post and disappeared from the forum
but, what one should get is that security is really important and you should keep your private key as secure as possible to avoid hacks in the future
Activity: 758
Merit: 104
February 05, 2021, 04:01:44 AM
Sorry to hear that, but nothing cant be done to reverse the transaction and make your funds back.
Unless you can do investigation about who are the thief, but its will very hard to do.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 05, 2021, 03:35:27 AM
It's very sad to know someone accesses your wallet and transfers your Doge coins to its wallet. It's a huge loss for you if we see the current price of the Dogecoin. When block confirmation is there then there is no chance to get back your coins it's lost forever better take care of your wallets in the future so that nobody can access your wallet again.
Activity: 129
Merit: 1
February 05, 2021, 02:35:40 AM
No one can help you with it. Because nothing can be done about it. You lost it. Full stop.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 297
https://duelbits.com/
February 05, 2021, 02:23:04 AM
Grief, such an incident cannot be helped by anyone. It is common for people to enter your wallet and sell or send all coins, it is very permanent that all assets cannot be returned to the wallet, there is no other choice you have to get back up from the beginning and be more careful heart again with this hack a lesson for us all
Activity: 133
Merit: 5
February 05, 2021, 12:56:56 AM
What kind of secure environment was this PC inside?

Encrypted? Laptop? regular home PC?
What kind of firewall, antivirus etc?

Would be good to know what kind of risk this wallet was in to get accessed.
Someone had physical access or was it accessed through the internet?

If encrypted, how did they access it? Brute force?
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
February 05, 2021, 12:51:47 AM
Cryptocurrencies are irreversible, so there's no way to get your coins back.

Beware if someone PM you offering able to recover your funds on any recovery websites, because it's only scam.

Since you're using a wallet, probably you doesn't have a good security on your wallet (e.g. strong password, 2FA) next time you can use hardware wallet to invest on large amount money.

yes, its irreversiblle and i think the OP got hacked by he didn't know it
i hope from this incident, all crypto hodler will be more careful and secure their wallet with all kind of security system
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1179
February 05, 2021, 12:42:58 AM
Cryptocurrencies are irreversible, so there's no way to get your coins back.

Beware if someone PM you offering able to recover your funds on any recovery websites, because it's only scam.

Since you're using a wallet, probably you doesn't have a good security on your wallet (e.g. strong password, 2FA) next time you can use hardware wallet to invest on large amount money.
Pages:
Jump to: