Pages:
Author

Topic: $69 Million Beeple Art Buyer Revealed as NFT - page 2. (Read 209 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603
$69 million !!! Dam it that’s amazing price tag for the art. Being artist, I am very very happy that someone is getting paid for their creativity and imagination. I know a life of artist, it’s hard, competitive and you always have to stand out from the crowd.

Scientifically speaking the genome is changing for the new generation and we are seeing artists everywhere! The thing is there is value for art but people are being very very picky. I am not sure if my pencil artwork will ever get recognised like this ever but I’m gonna make excellent artwork and gonna spend huge time on the same. Smiley
Activity: 1848
Merit: 370
Beeple's art is disturbing, yet it is only because it opens people's eyes. I believe the $69 Million bid was both memed out and justified, since it's 69 (lmao nice) and the fact that this is 5000 day's worth of pristine quality art pieces you wouldn't get elsewhere but from Beeple. It inspires me to become an NFT artist really as I have a few artworks on canvas and on paper too that I can scan and then sell on the blockchain.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
There's already somebody who has made a thread out of this topic.
Thread: Crypto Art record! 69M for a Beeple
You don't need to make one for this and lock the topic instead to pursue the discussion on the other thread that was made earlier than you.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
The famous Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci was insured for $100 million in 1962.

It set a guinness world record for the most expensive insurance policy ever put on a painting.

Highest insurance valuation for a painting

The highest known insurance valuation for a painting is $100million (£53.55 million) assessed for the move of The Mona Lisa (La Gioconda) by Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519, Italy) from the Louvre in Paris, France, to Washington, DC, USA and then New York City, New York, USA for a special exhibition 14 December 1962 to 12 Mar 1963.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-insurance-valuation-for-a-painting

Rembrandt painting sold at Sotheby's virtual auction shatters record for one of his self-portraits

A self-portrait by Rembrandt sold for $18.7 million at the virtual auction — a record price for a self-portrait by the Dutch master, the auctioneer’s said.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/rembrandt-painting-sold-sothebys-record-self-portraits

Last year a self portrait painting by Rembrandt sold for $18.7 million.

Imagine NFTs selling at significantly higher prices than famous paintings and art.

Cheesy
Activity: 700
Merit: 182

This is the $69M ART. Which shows his 5000 Days all art pices

Pseudonymous NFT investor Metakovan was the high bidder on Beeple's history-making NFT, according to a statement from British auction house Christie's. He paid over $69 million for the piece.

Bloomberg had previously reported that crypto entrepreneur Justin Sun was the buyer, but Sun later said that he'd been outbid at the last minute.

To read full details click
Pages:
Jump to: