Pages:
Author

Topic: 6BTC investment into mining, worth it ? - page 2. (Read 2317 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
June 10, 2014, 12:07:34 AM
Invest 6btc in mining equipment and watch your "stable income" decrease 40-60% every month. Or you can increase your hashrate 40-60% every month just to maintain your original first month income.

Doesn't sound so great now, does it?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018
June 09, 2014, 05:41:31 PM
Mining can be fun but there is of a lot of uncertainty and only the very skilled are winning atm

If you are new you will not get skilled right away so you are likely to lose (negative BTC ROI) and it will consume a lot of your free time so I would advice you not to do it if you don't have a passion for it
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
June 09, 2014, 04:17:04 PM
Hi guys,

I am considering investing a fair amount of money 6BTC into a mining operation.  I have never done any sort of mining before, and was wondering whether or not it's actually worth it ?.

What miner is the best to go for that amount of money?
How much would i make a day?
How much electricity would cost me?
Is it worth time/effort?

People say it's not worth it, but i'm just giving a shot on here to see if someone thinks differently.
I am looking for a stable income, so i'm not sure if this is for me.

You might be able to make ROI, but there are a lot of factors to consider.  Space, electricity costs, time, etc.  You said you wanted a stable income, mining is about as far away as you can get from that.

For the $, I'd recommend you go with a couple Dragon 1th miners.  You'll get $25 off each for buying more than one.

At the moment it would make 0.0428 each daily

Power costs depend on your area.  Those machines use a little under a kW, so just multiply your kWh cost by 24 and you have the daily cost to run each one.

If you're talking about profit wise, it almost certainly isn't worth the time.  If you wanna get involved in BTC and play around with some hardware, it is Smiley
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
June 09, 2014, 04:08:22 PM
You call it an investment.  Typically people expect investments to earn them money.  If you spend 6BTC buying hardware and mining it's almost certain you will end up with less than 6BTC (unless you have a good connection with cheap ASICs).
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
WW3
June 09, 2014, 04:04:01 PM
Hi guys,

I am considering investing a fair amount of money 6BTC into a mining operation.  I have never done any sort of mining before, and was wondering whether or not it's actually worth it ?.

What miner is the best to go for that amount of money?
How much would i make a day?
How much electricity would cost me?
Is it worth time/effort?

People say it's not worth it, but i'm just giving a shot on here to see if someone thinks differently.
I am looking for a stable income, so i'm not sure if this is for me.
Pages:
Jump to: