Pages:
Author

Topic: 7 days ***Extremely rare and valuable*** fine ruby (Read 11850 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000
Truly decentralized stable asset
The Mozambican ruby is sold.
legendary
The Mozambican ruby is now $550.  This includes registered air mail with online tracking.  A report from any highly respected gemological laboratory can be included for a very modest fee- as low as $50.  Please inquire for details.
legendary
The Burmese ruby is now sold.  The Mozambican ruby is now $580.
legendary
I will sell my pigeon's blood Burmese ruby for $10,225; the Mozambican ruby is $599.
legendary
Pigeon's blood ruby sets world record for price per carat for colored gemstone:

http://www.jckonline.com/2012/05/29/ruby-sets-world-record-christies-martian-pink-nearly-doubles-estimates

I will sell my pigeon's blood Burmese ruby for $10,250; the Mozambican ruby is $625.
legendary
The 1.24 carat unheated Mozambican ruby is available again.  $650 includes registered air mail and tracking.

The 1.64 carat Burmese ruby is $10,275.  This does not include the cost of shipping or insurance.
legendary
The 1.64 carat Burmese ruby is available for $10,290.  This does not include shipping or insurance which are available for additional cost. 
legendary
~~~SOLD~~~

The 1.24 carat unheated Mozambican ruby is now sold.

The 1.64 carat Burmese ruby is available for $10,300.
legendary
LOL- poor SaltySpitoon has been at sea too long...
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Ruby Purchased for 12 BTC! Thanks so much, I can't wait for it to get here *Wakes Up*
legendary
LOL- most shipping methods have relatively low limits on insurance.  And those that have higher limits also have couriers who understand that their career is over is they conveniently lose an extremely high value parcel that they have either scanned or signed (or both) into their posession. 

PM sent on the African ruby...
legendary
Also forgot to mention, the article on flux was very enlightening too, thanks for that. Very tempted to buy the African Ruby (and the Burmese, but that's dreaming a little large for now), maybe if you still have it in a few months, I can afford to pick it up from you.

I'v never fully understood the insurance on shipping things, can you have it insured for as much as you want? What if you got 100 of the $15 flat rate boxes, and filled them full of cement (should be about 80 lbs) Insure them each for $10,000, and Id say there's a decent chance the delivery person would get tired of lugging them around, kick them out of the truck onto an overpass, and you would get your sweet $10,000+ payday.
legendary
Well, since you don't seem to be getting the necessary publicity for this fine item, I'll start the bidding! Shall we say... 10 BTC!?
legendary
$10,300 for the 1.64 carat Burmese ruby, and $700 for the 1.24 carat unheated Mozambican ruby.

$10,295 on the 1.64 carat Burmese ruby and $675 for the 1.24 carat unheated Mozambican ruby.  And if you want a laboratory report on the 1.24 carat ruby it is not a problem at all. 

I will provide a basic report from Hallmark for no cost with this stone, and if you want a report from a lab like Tokyo Gem Lab it will be $50.  AIGS, GIA, GIT, and GRS are all available too at different prices.  Of course if you want a lab that is not on this list to examine the stone that is not a problem either.  If you want your local jeweler to examine it, or a local gemologist appraiser- we encourage this as well. 

We prefer that you use a major laboratory that has a long-standing reputation in the industry, and if you are getting it appraised we suggest that you use a member of the NAJA (National Association of Jewelry Appraisers) because they tend to have the experience, resources, and knowledge to provide a fair and independent assessment.

legendary
$10,300 for the 1.64 carat Burmese ruby, and $700 for the 1.24 carat unheated Mozambican ruby.
legendary
Another discount on both of these rubies:

$10,300 for the 1.64 carat Burmese ruby, and $775 for the 1.24 carat unheated Mozambican ruby.

On the 1.24 carat unheated Mozambican ruby, I will pay registered air mail shipping.  If you want FedEx and insurance, I will charge extra for that.  I always suggest insuring ruby for full retail value- what it would cost in the West to replace the stone.  $2,000 is a reasonable retail price for the Mozambican ruby. 

Wild Fish Gems is one of the most respected names in natural ruby.  Edward Bristol is a fair and honest man, but with such a large inventory of stones his ovehead is much higher than mine.  I rarely have more than a few high-quality rubies in stock at any given time, and this limits my investment but also allows me to sell for modest prices.

http://www.naturalunheatedruby.com/1-01---1-49?cmx=101&start=0

Unlike Edward, I sell most of my ruby to people in the trade instead of the general public.  I have found that if you leave enough room for your customer to make money on the stones you sell, you build a nice network of dealers who buy regularly.  Wild Fish Gems is an excellent retail source of ruby.
legendary
$10,350 for the 1.64 carat Burmese ruby, and $800 for the 1.24 carat unheated Mozambican ruby.
legendary
$10,400 for the 1.64 carat Burmese ruby, and $900 for the 1.24 carat unheated Mozambican ruby.
legendary
$10,500 for the Burmese 1.64ct pear shaped ruby, and $950 for the oval African ruby weighing 1.24cts.
legendary
Thank you Tonto!  My wife and I enjoyed finding your stones!
Pages:
Jump to: