Pages:
Author

Topic: 7 REASONS WHY: which one are you? - page 11. (Read 959 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 17
May 13, 2018, 06:48:58 AM
it is very convenient for me, no need to go to the bank, wait when they will appove it, losing several business day and pay taxes for it, time is most precious resource right now, so if u have a pc and internet u should do many things by one click like sending money for example

and for me there is noffing to hide, i am a ordinary man with the ordinary life, i dont steal money and i dont need anything illegal
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1079
May 13, 2018, 06:43:31 AM
I guess one more option can be added. Apart from privacy, anonymity, security, ease-of-use, fast, fees (Although Bitcoin fees are fairly low, still not suitable for micro transactions, but with large amounts it beats any traditional mode of payment) and transnational, cryptocurrency transactions are also non-reversible. There is no risk of chargebacks, eliminates chances of fraud.

Since the thread is about medium of exchange, the fifth could be purchasing power.

Yeah, like timerland mentioned apart from medium of exchange, it's store of value/not prone to inflation/be your own bank.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
May 13, 2018, 06:40:20 AM
I think that you're completely missing the most important economic aspect of bitcoin being a store of value.

With fiat currencies currently being widely adopted, it's almost hard to see where the problem lies with it. But there is a problem, and a huge one, as fiat is not a store of value in the long run. In fact, no fiat currency has ever even survived past a few centuries, let alone retain its value.

With BTC it's different. No central entity has control over its supply, and with the hard coded limits in place, it's a good long term store of value just like precious metals.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
May 13, 2018, 05:27:13 AM
I just noticed some questions about this topic so I listed some seven reasons why people want to have a cryptocurrency transaction rather than fiat.

1. INCOGNITO. this is the main reason why people use it. You cannot trace crypto transaction and its perfect from hiding.

2. CONVINIENCE. people nowadays are so lazy that they want to have transaction while seated comfortably on their home. With just one click , crypto can be transferred as payment to whatever they want. Well, who doesnt want that anyway.

3. TREND. basically, people want to try something new, something not ordinary , something innovative and if it was used by all their friends, they want to use it also.

4. ILLEGAL. yes, i dont want to include this but i saw many topics about this also. If you want to buy on black market or an illegal item, your transaction should not be traced as i said on our first reason so Crypto will help you hide on cops but not forever.

5. MODE OF PAYMENT. this is where some people buy an item usually using the profit they had on investing bitcoin even just holding. Ex. If you have 1btc and after a month it becomes 1.5 btc and you want to buy an item that cost 0.005btc and crypto is accepted as a mode of payment, you will use it ofcourse rather than fiat.

6. TECHY. it seems that techy people using cryptocurrency as a mode of payment see themselves as going with the flow of technology considering that bitcoin is the new technology of currency for the new generation.

7. SHOW OFF. whether we admit it or not, some people use cryptocurrency just to make their status up. Telling their friends about how wealthy they are and keep boasting for their ego.

This is what i noticed. So which one are you?
Pages:
Jump to: