Pages:
Author

Topic: 7 Transactions per second limit dragging down the price - page 2. (Read 2354 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Transaction times eh? You see a lot of complaints by the users do you?

Because there are almost no users.  According to Bitcoin wiki, Visa alone "handles on average around 2,000 transactions per second (tps)" (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability)
Average doesn't mean maximum.
Visa is capable of handling 30,000 tps.  
Thirty thousand transactions per second.
Bitcoin can only handle seven transactions per second.  Not seven thousand, just seven (7).
Good luck, new world currency Cheesy

Comparing a nascent payment network with the largest payment gateway provider in the world is a great comparison!

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Everyone seems to know why the price is coming down.

As a an actual bitcoin user, I don't see it.

This forum is to speculate about the price.

I'm speculating that "big players" might look at this limitation that won't allow for btc to become a disruptive technology, and say, why would I invest in this? It has no way to grow that much because of its very nature (7 tps limit)

thus, no signifiicant price increase.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
I have noticed a lot of people that do not actually use Bitcoin, complaining about its "shortcomings".

I have noticed a lot of people that do not actually huff glue try to warn you about its "shortcomings."
Listen to the nice people, Elwar, and don't forget to thank them.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Translation:

"As a permabull bitcoiner, I am rambling about bitcoin becoming mainstream and getting rick quick, but at the same time I am ignoring/not talking about its limitations that make it impossible for that to happen"  Cry

haha, very funny!

I have noticed a lot of people that do not actually use Bitcoin, complaining about its "shortcomings".

I wish that damned Yeun was not so big, it doesn't fit in my pocket and when it gets wet it erases all of the numbers. Is this why it is going down vs the dollar?
Activity: 378
Merit: 254

Because there are almost no users.  According to Bitcoin wiki, Visa alone "handles on average around 2,000 transactions per second (tps)" (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability)
Average doesn't mean maximum.
Visa is capable of handling 30,000 tps.  
Thirty thousand transactions per second.
Bitcoin can only handle seven transactions per second.  Not seven thousand, just seven (7).
Good luck, new world currency Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Price going down because of the tps limit... i don't so. But one thing for sure is that if bitcoin aspires to one day grab hold of all the credit card companies market shares, this limitation needs to be seriously addressed

Which is exactly what the hard fork proposes with a scalable block size.
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Price going down because of the tps limit... i don't so. But one thing for sure is that if bitcoin aspires to one day grab hold of all the credit card companies market shares, this limitation needs to be seriously addressed
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
The peak is at 110k transactions per day. That's 1/8th of the capacity.
The very real threat of a hard fork and altcoins being so much more advanced and better is more likely dragging the price down.
*crumble* *crumble*
Activity: 462
Merit: 107
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Translation:

"As a permabull bitcoiner, I am rambling about bitcoin becoming mainstream and getting rick quick, but at the same time I am ignoring/not talking about its limitations that make it impossible for that to happen"  Cry
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Everyone seems to know why the price is coming down.

Activity: 500
Merit: 250
If it aspires to be a real currency, this won't do... maybe that's one of the reasons why the price is going down

do you think that this TPS problem will be solved? what would be the consequences of trying to increase the TPS?

7tps  means 800k transactions/day
what was the maximum reached till now?

wow. I'm trying to understand, but it's complicated.

There have only ever been two hard forks of the blockchain in the history of Bitcoin, and both nearly killed Bitcoin

But 7 tps is not an option, as far as I can see. something ought to be done about it, right? Otherwise btc will remain as internet funny money
If it aspires to be a real currency, this won't do... maybe that's one of the reasons why the price is going down

do you think that this TPS problem will be solved? what would be the consequences of trying to increase the TPS?
Pages:
Jump to: