Pages:
Author

Topic: 7 years since first Satoshi appareance ever (I think) (Read 1185 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
I wonder what we will be saying in another 7 years and what sentiment we will have about Bitcoin and Satoshi creating it.

There is a long road in front of us in my opinion but I am very, very optimistic. I am also ready to enjoy the ride! Smiley

We will think he deserved a Nobel Prize but he will never come back because he doesn't care about such recognition. The feeling of knowing you made an alternative economy to the official one possible is enough recognition and he will be so rich by then than there would be no economic incentive as well (im amusing he still owns those coins which seem frozen tho).
Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
I wonder what we will be saying in another 7 years and what sentiment we will have about Bitcoin and Satoshi creating it.

There is a long road in front of us in my opinion but I am very, very optimistic. I am also ready to enjoy the ride! Smiley

I`ll try to be here then too. But who knows what the future holds.

Hopefully by then everyone who posted in this forum will be rich :d
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I wonder where satoshi is, or if he is still alive?
I wonder if he realize the legacy he has created

he have too much money to even think to reveal himself again, it's not 2011 anymore, if someone discover where he is hiding all that fortune, he can seriously get killed for it

I still feel that he would be able to get a security network among the richest people in the world like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and others to protect him, although I'm sure more than a handful of Bitcoiners would come to his aid Smiley.

That said an official Bitcoin holiday besides Pizza day would be a nice way to commerate Bitcoins creation.

But thats no way to live, and if his enemies would want to kill him they would find a way.

I think its just best that it was left anonymous, people deserve their privacy.
Well true but people say FBI can be Satoshi because they can do something illegal that people can't know about it. But that is just a theory. FBI or not is really smart how BTC is become.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Oh waw this is the first time I saw something from Satoshi damn even he is anonymous, thank you for sharing this.

he have too much money to even think to reveal himself again, it's not 2011 anymore, if someone discover where he is hiding all that fortune, he can seriously get killed for it

I still feel that he would be able to get a security network among the richest people in the world like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and others to protect him, although I'm sure more than a handful of Bitcoiners would come to his aid Smiley.

That said an official Bitcoin holiday besides Pizza day would be a nice way to commerate Bitcoins creation.

But thats no way to live, and if his enemies would want to kill him they would find a way.

I think its just best that it was left anonymous, people deserve their privacy.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Someone should make this official in some way, and pinpoint a exact date to celebrate the Bitcoin birth date. Make it a global event, where people paying in Bitcoin should get

some sort of discount. A Black Friday for Bitcoin users... It would attract some attention and also pay honor to Satoshi's legacy.

OP, good work on highlighting this issue.... It needs a bit of tweaking, but it's a good idea after all. Thanks for posting this, I will add it to my calendar.  Wink 
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Happy birthday bitcoin, lets celebrate our nice community Cheesy

I don't recall you asking me permission to use the first ever Bitcoin cake I purchased from Walmart.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Is that your cake? I didnt know that i just found it on google.

It looks tasty anyway
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
I didn't know you can read other people's mail so easily Tongue
Are there any more of his email archive?

From the looks of fhe mail he was really ambitious about the bitcoin project from the start of the development Grin
Good for him, thanks to him we have something useful for our use today Smiley
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

I don't recall you asking me permission to use the first ever Bitcoin cake I purchased from Walmart.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Ha, most of these replies are about a mistake the OP made (which has now been fixed).

This post from Satoshi is really interesting, it's from before bitcoin went live! Did you read it back then or stumble on it in just the last few years?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Ah yes. But yesterday was November 2nd in Australia, so you missed it by 2 days. Smiley
Well, just to think that 7 years ago, someone released the whitepaper to basically the future. How awesome is that.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Am i missing anything the date is not one year.
Satoshi Nakamoto Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:16:33 -0700
In fact it is 7 years and not one year, but who published this?

What do you mean "who published this?" this is Satoshi Nakamoto himself (or herself... or itself??) releasing the Bitcoin whitepaper for the first time ever. There are no other instances of Satoshi Nakamoto ever writing on the internet before this. The importance of that post is yet not understood. This will be studied in history books years from now.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Ok sorry, I meant 1 year because today (well yesterday, depending if you are aussie) was november 1th, and that post was made november 1th (2008) so I mixed up what I was trying to say. Anyway I edited and corrected it, but you get the idea of what I was trying to say hopefully. The birthday of bitcoin was with that internet post a day like today.
Activity: 532
Am i missing anything the date is not one year.
Satoshi Nakamoto Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:16:33 -0700
In fact it is 7 years and not one year, but who published this?
Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
Yeah I think it's slightly more than 1 year but I  get your sentiment.  I think anyone that gets involved now and in 2016 will be early to the game, even before 2020 you would still be an early adopter.

DAFAK ? why everyone keep saying it's one year ? if the link he posted says 2008 .
Pages:
Jump to: